PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly loses paper money - Visa introduced!

motz
July 25th, 2006, 20:32
The world famous board-game, Monopoly, seems to be looking to the future to increase its sales. The game no longer features bank notes as a whole new system has been put in place. Instead of the paper money we all previously knew, a new electronic card from Visa, similar to a debit card, has been put in its place. The player inserts their card into a card reader/writer to play. The new version of the board game also includes updated property prices (the most expensive being Kensington Palace Gardens which is priced at £4 million). The game has also reached Germany and France but there is no news on a US version.

A screenshot of the game is available in the comments. :D

Voltron
July 25th, 2006, 20:41
That's actually pretty cool. I used to be a mean Monopoly player. I wish an online system was put into place allowing you to play for REAL money.

Top1
rofl :D

Junixx
Hah, never thought that would happen lol

~Edit~

Wow, first 3 comments in the same minute lol

Kaiser
July 25th, 2006, 20:42
Very interesting.

lol

motz
July 25th, 2006, 20:57
That's actually pretty cool. I used to be a mean Monopoly player. I wish an online system was put into place allowing you to play for REAL money.
I think there is actually an online version of Monopoly somewhere, I could have sworn I've seen something like that before...:confused:

NoQuarter
August 4th, 2006, 22:52
Looks like they're helping support the move away from a cash based society starting with the children,for such a staple of a board game this is a very interesting development!

PyRoUK
August 5th, 2006, 01:30
Does this mean I can't sneak a fiver from the bank while everyone's out to get food? :(

NoQuarter
August 5th, 2006, 03:20
Nope, no more sneaking fives,now you've got to learn to commit credit card fraud to cheat:)

SGT.shadow
August 5th, 2006, 04:19
lol cedit fraud well it looks so cool but its suckes that its not realeased in the us. I:cool: wish it was in the US im a reel big monoply fan:mad: :( :mad: