PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon from Chui

DCEmu_Newsposter
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
Chui posted in our forums about the project he is working on, this is what he said:[br] [br]First, dcastaway release (coming soon), neo4all (christmas) and last uae4all (close to spring) ... sorry... be patient.[br][br]and on dcastaway:[br][br] New release comming soon.[br] [br]I patch interrupt keyboard/joystick and a lot of new games runs ok like Turrican.[br] [br]This list will grow much ! ! ! ![br] [br]Also, vertical synch, brightness correct, etc..[br][br]Great news for those that thought the NeoGeoCD emu was dead!

[Modified 11/16/04 08:46:37 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

quzar
November 16th, 2004, 17:47
NeoCD hasn't been dead, I've been working on it for some time =\. relatively publicly too.

Darksaviour69
November 17th, 2004, 04:36
way i know, alot of people don't vist forums so i thought that i would newpost it. sorry i forgot u were working on it. Are u and chui working together?

quzar
November 17th, 2004, 05:05
no =\, nor is he working with evilo (to my knowledge). I really dont understand what he could be bringing to it with increased speed, as it already runs fullspeed. im working on sound and bugfixes. ive actually fixed a significant bug that would make it seem like the disc you swapped in was bad, and another one that should increase the number of games with CDDA playback.

Darksaviour69
November 17th, 2004, 05:59
cool,

i wonder if chui knows if u and evilo are working on it? i know he posts here, but not often. maybe u should get in contact with him

MetaFox
November 17th, 2004, 06:16
no =\, nor is he working with evilo (to my knowledge). I really dont understand what he could be bringing to it with increased speed, as it already runs fullspeed. im working on sound and bugfixes. ive actually fixed a significant bug that would make it seem like the disc you swapped in was bad, and another one that should increase the number of games with CDDA playback.He's not even working from the same codebase as far as I know. Hence why it's called Neo4All. It's a fresh port. (At least that's what I garnered from talking with him).

quzar
November 17th, 2004, 06:28
NeoCD/SDL DC is 99% identical to the SDL port of the original. The only differences are the region select (trivial), the loading method (wait for a CD to be inserted), the vmu stuff, and the pvr rendering (which already does use pvr dma). After a certain point, fosters up-ported all the changes that allowed it to be more architecture independent (the bit of x86 code and a few other minor things).

Oh well, i'll just make sure to cover my bases and make it count when i release my fixed version =\.

MetaFox
November 17th, 2004, 06:37
Chui isn't trying to upstage you, he's just working on his promise to try to emulate as many systems using the M68K as possible.

Don't take it as a condemnation of your project, take it as a healthy competition.

quzar
November 17th, 2004, 07:42
Chui isn't trying to upstage you, he's just working on his promise to try to emulate as many systems using the M68K as possible.

Don't take it as a condemnation of your project, take it as a healthy competition.

i know hes not trying to upstage me =P. (i hope?!) it just seems with 2 other projects that he could be testing fame with, that he already has started, he doesnt need to start another that has already been started and is currently being worked on =P.

wraggster
November 17th, 2004, 11:36
he has been working on this project from before ian michael did a runner,

Him and Fox68k are using the fame m68k asm thingy and have redone most of the emulator.

I think its great to have 2 projects, competition makes the scene great :)

anyway hows the Hugo port coming along

Christuserloeser
November 17th, 2004, 16:22
Maybe he's just missed that you've taken over the NeoCD port (language barrier?)...er... what about sticking your heads together...? Like using that secret dev forum we host or something ;) It would be a shame to see your efforts down the drain. I think Chui is a great guy - maybe just PM him to start a cooperation for that emu with Chui, Evilo and you.

Chris

wraggster
November 17th, 2004, 17:44
Yeah Chui is a real nice guy, he certainly would not want to hurt feelings.

Im curious as to what both parties can do for this emulator :)

Nice to have Evilo helping too ;)

quzar
November 17th, 2004, 17:56
It would be a shame to see your efforts down the drain.

its that line exactly that makes me worried. Even using FAME, speed wasnt what was wrong with NeoCD, it is just sound
I have tried talking to chui MANY times. Ive sent him at least 4 emails in the past regarding various projects and have never gotten an answer.

oh, and wraggy, this isnt something i just recently started working on, Ive been working on NeoCD pretty much since it was originally ported, and ive been actively working on it since c68k was released.

anyways, like i said, i guess it'll just be healthy competition and ill just have to make sure to work to make NeoCD great =).

wraggster
November 17th, 2004, 18:00
thats the spirit, competition is good, it brings the best out of all of us ;)

Just like me openng this site to shake the scene a bit with some competition.

im looking forward to both emulators to see what areas have been progressed upon.

oh as far as i know, Chui has a different email now(im not 100% sure though)

WHurricane16
November 17th, 2004, 22:06
Quzar, I think you need to take a break.

That was an edited version of a very long original rant.

chui
November 18th, 2004, 10:00
Please, use [email protected] to send me e-mail, NO [email protected], it's very old address with a lot of spam.

I don't want to compete, NEO4ALL will be a open project.

wraggster
November 18th, 2004, 10:14
i knew the address had been changed ;)

Christuserloeser
November 19th, 2004, 18:14
;D