flame free and happy that qj.net is gone
and the flamers with it.

ALSO I MADE THIS SWEET XBOX-360 gameboot
can someone test it out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7726469754252482776&q=360+boot

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7726469754252482776&q=360+boot

NoQuarter
July 26th, 2006, 01:37
Man they are extremely rude and mean over there.I really try to stay away from that site

RealRitzhacker
July 26th, 2006, 01:39
If You Want To Fight The Flamers Pm Me
And My Gameboot Works
Sweet

BrooksyX
July 26th, 2006, 02:02
Or you could just learn to ignore some of the stuff the dumb noobs say.

jman420
July 26th, 2006, 03:04
well they pissed me off, but I dont see a reason to shut off their site.. they have freedom of speech like the rest of us... they should just get their asses kicked...

TheEmulatorGuy
July 26th, 2006, 06:55
You know why people flame Lua coders? Because 99% of the people are idiots and 99% of the releases are absolute crap. I can name one Lua game with good graphics, sound and engine, and (big suprise) I was a programmer for it. Meeku's Quest. Everything else I've seen is well... bad. And alot of people who release the Lua games can't seem to work out the difference between "your" and "you're". I know there are exceptions, but let's face it, Lua and it's good developers have been ruined by these sorts of releases and people. Don't blame the haters.

NoQuarter
July 26th, 2006, 08:46
A little more moderator control over there would be in order.

BL4Z3D247
July 26th, 2006, 09:11
well they pissed me off, but I dont see a reason to shut off their site.. they have freedom of speech like the rest of us... they should just get their asses kicked...
yeh they do need a good @$$ whoopin :D

under_0ath777
July 26th, 2006, 09:38
....well most lua games look like they we're coded in html, but there has been solid releases like electris and golf

b8a
July 26th, 2006, 11:04
Us lua coders get flamed
yes it happens
sadly
Ask yourselfs where do ytiou get flamed
Your saying QJ.net
Well if your tired of qj.net
I know one way to get rid of qj.net once and foreall
If your interested pm me.
This is a bullet proof plan.
Trust me qj.net will be no more.
And all of use the lua coders can unite
flame free and happy that qj.net is gone
and the flamers with it.This isn't a flame, so please don't be offended, but take a look at the level of attention to detail that many "Lua coders" display. Your post is a perfect example of why the overwhelming majority of Lua projects aren't taken seriously. That is, it's obvious that the "coders" themselves don't take the projects seriously. With the ammount of energy that some of these Lua projects have being poured into them, the coders would seriously be better off learning C and making a game unhampered by Lua's limitations. But since many Lua coders can't even think that far ahead, you should understand why so many of us are skeptical of Lua projects. In whole, the PSP Lua community has shown little resolve in actually furthering quality projects.

If you want to be taken seriously, stop releasing mere simple mockups as full game alphas, betas, and end releases. Not only will you be too occupied to read the flames, but the flamers will have less ammunition as well. Everyone wins.

I think it's cool that so many aspiring coders are gaining experience through Lua, but it's obvious that many of the "releases" we see are done just to get attention, and it gets old, quick. The flamers over there are off the hook in general, but take a nice honest look at most of the Lua releases. Flaming is deffinately excessive, but do you honestly expect them to be impressed? Everyone needs to keep in mind "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all", but when Lua projects get released on news forums, commenting is expected, even if the commentors have nothing nice to say, so you really shouldn't be too surprised.

Once again, I don't sympathize with the flamers, but the best way to fight them is just to shut them up. Proove them wrong. Wow us all. Happy coding (!_!)

Video_freak
July 26th, 2006, 13:12
this is exatly why i love DCemu. no flaming noods. people here respect coders and give CONSTRUCTIVE critisism!

Malksta
July 26th, 2006, 13:46
Hey RealRitzhacker, by any chance can ya send me that xbox gameboot?

RealRitzcracker
July 26th, 2006, 15:00
ya sure pm me

yaustar
July 26th, 2006, 16:40
this is exatly why i love DCemu. no flaming noods. people here respect coders and give CONSTRUCTIVE critisism!
Its kind of odd because all I see is praise much more then constructive critisism on Dcemu.

b8a: I agree with you. A development release should never be released to the public or the very least a news page. This was a point I was trying to put across several weeks ago.

Cap'n 1time
July 26th, 2006, 21:06
Its a touchy subject. Like I THINK yaustar was trying to point out, some peoples lua projects, while they, the coders should be proud of what they have accomplished, its not always exactly front page news worthy.

There is nothing at all wrong with coding in lua, and if you feel your releases are good then by god submit it as news! Constructive critisim is always appreciated here, but we (the mods) try to keep the moronic flamers out, and we will continue to do so.

yaustar
July 26th, 2006, 22:53
Its a touchy subject. Like I THINK yaustar was trying to point out, some peoples lua projects, while they, the coders should be proud of what they have accomplished, its not always exactly front page news worthy.
Bingo. Putting them on the page means the ones 'not in know' will know and procede to react to it in own way (flamers/praisers/critics).

N1ghtshade
July 26th, 2006, 23:44
theres not much criticism at all going on at dcemu.

I've had people say "OMFG That is so awesome keep up the great work! COOOLLL" But I can tell they haven't downloaded it.

Theres a fine line between constructive and negative criticism. I always try to be constructive