PDA

View Full Version : More Photos of Supercard Lite

Mazza
July 26th, 2006, 10:22
We now have some hi res shots of the Supercard Lite and also one of it in the DS Lite and yes it does fit flush with a small black slot for the micro sd. Check out the pictures in the comments. :)

Damn that thang looks sexay! ;)

Video_freak
July 26th, 2006, 11:47
its nice, but i wouldnt all the way and call it sexy:rolleyes:

Mazza
July 26th, 2006, 12:18
Oh I would but I'm a bit weird. Anyway it's Sexaaaaay

maduin
July 26th, 2006, 12:39
damn, I'm thinking I should cancel my g6 lite order before it ships and order one of these guys instead.

Mazza
July 26th, 2006, 12:42
Apparently the Castlevania intro test runs perfectly although I think that was on a sandisk ultra micro sd. So I've ordered one of them from here https://www.emartbuy.co.uk/products.php?prodid=171

Video_freak
July 26th, 2006, 12:48
Oh I would but I'm a bit weird. Anyway it's Sexaaaaay

we're all weird in our own ways. i guess you just have a thing for flash cards ;)

scorpei
July 26th, 2006, 13:54
I'm pretty happy with the looks of my G6lite (and I don't quite see the difference in looks...).
Anyway, I hope to provide a review for you all soon (chances are it will be close to the same review, if not just a small addition with changes to my SC SD/miniSD/CF review)

masterpaul
July 26th, 2006, 14:58
Is there a black one avaible?

Eyedunno
July 26th, 2006, 15:50
Makes me glad I have a white DS Lite. Clear or translucent would have been better for everyone though. Still, this is a huge leap from the old Supercards in terms of design. I love my Supercard SD for its functionality, but hate its looks.

ReL0aDed
July 26th, 2006, 17:05
If they only did something with the GBA compatibility once and for all, that would be great. I own the big SD version of the Supercard for the Nintendo DS, that in my opinion has a bad GBA rom support.

I just got some of my many GBA games working, and some of them that works, like Sonic Advance 2, also has speed issues. The game slows down after a while.

Other than the poor GBA compatibility on the Supercard, I must say that it does it's job pretty well. Not a single DS game I've tried doesn't work.

Since I enjoy playing GBA games still, I think about having an EZ Flash 4 Lite Flash Cart with MicroSD support as my next DS Flashcart. As I read about it, it's GBA game support is supposed to be very well.

The design of the Supercard Lite looks pretty good, though.

Quay Cur
July 26th, 2006, 19:38
damn, I'm thinking I should cancel my g6 lite order before it ships and order one of these guys instead.
I had that same feeling for a second. I think I'll stay with the G6 though. If this turned out to be faster, use the touch screen, allow you to skin it, and (most importantly) have better game compatibility than the G6 Lite then I might consider switching. Having more than 512MB would be cool, though.

When I saw that first picture I got all excited and thought they were packaging them in DS game boxes ... until I noticed it was Nintendogs. That'd be a great way to bundle the flash carts with the matching passcard.

Eyedunno
July 26th, 2006, 19:57
I've only played one GBA game on my SuperCard (Puzzle Fighter, cuz the damn thing is so rare), but it seemed to work fine. I use mine almost solely for homebrew though.

emuking
July 27th, 2006, 02:22
nice but ill wait till m3 lite comes out, which will probaly be soon, m3 doesnt like to be behind competitors even if theyre winning :D

battleroyalex
July 27th, 2006, 02:26
nice it has a lip so you can pull out the micro sd card easily. The god damn ezflash 4 lite you need to either unscrew it or get tweezer just to take the card out, horrible design.

simpletron
August 2nd, 2006, 21:20
Does anybody know if this will fit into the DS phat like the G6 lite can be made to do? Have seen differing quotes:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=8691
- Fit *perfectly* in the NDS/NDSL gba slot

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30125
*SuperCard Lite is designed for NDSL consoles only

Looking at the pictures I suspect not...

peffer
May 1st, 2007, 11:35
Hey i need to know if the supercard lite supports .gb (gameboy) .gbc (gameboy color)

DanTheManMS
May 2nd, 2007, 03:03
As long as you don't get a Rumble series card, yes the SCL will automatically boot .gb and .gbc games using Goomba Color Alpha 6. If you want to get rid of the ever-changing border, you'll need to make your own compilation with a newer version and run it through the Supercard patcher for it to run.

peffer
May 3rd, 2007, 16:19
I don't know what card i should buy....
maybe a supercard lite or a ez-flash 3 in 1.

DanTheManMS
May 4th, 2007, 05:08
The EZ-flash 3-in-1 requires that you have a slot-1 device to go with it. By itself it's beyond useless.

So you'd either get a slot-2 device or a slot-1 device or a combo of slot-1 plus the EZ-V expansion pack.

peffer
May 4th, 2007, 15:27
but i have a r4ds and the r4ds acts like a Passcard.
I just want the gb, gbc, gba support :P

peffer
May 4th, 2007, 15:30
does anyone have a ez-flash 3-in-1?
if you do: download Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening and.. test if it works. thank you :P

peffer
May 4th, 2007, 15:36
And does the sound work?
i really need to know.

DanTheManMS
May 5th, 2007, 00:09
You didn't mention you had an R4. Like I said before, the SCL will have built-in support for GB/GBC games through the use of the built-in version of Goomba Color.

For the expansion pack, you can probably create your own Goomba Color compilation of your .gb and .gbc games, flashing that to the expansion pack.

So really, both should work in theory. Until then, you can try using Lameboy on your R4 for games smaller than 2 MB in size - http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62099

peffer
May 5th, 2007, 13:26
I have no idea.... Supercard lite? Ez-flash?...
there are rumble and extra ram in the ez-flash... yep
and the supercard lite can play nds and gb.

peffer
May 5th, 2007, 13:27
Aww man it's really hard to choose what card. :/

peffer
May 7th, 2007, 15:45
Do you have a supercard lite by the way? :P

DanTheManMS
May 7th, 2007, 21:32
I have a Supercard miniSD, which works well for all that I need it for.

peffer
May 9th, 2007, 11:14
Please check if Zelda the Awakening works with sound and normal speed (no slowdown).

peffer
May 9th, 2007, 11:15
Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening.gb

DanTheManMS
May 9th, 2007, 15:57
Just build a Goomba Compilation and try it yourself in VisualBoy Advance. Yes it runs fine. If you create your own compilation with the WIP version of Goomba Color, the graphics issues when walking get fixed.