PDA

View Full Version : Hands-on: Opera Browser for Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite

wraggster
July 26th, 2006, 14:07
Lik Sang have done a great hands on feature of the new Opera Browser for the Nintendo DS:

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/nds-browser/thumb/opera-setup-eng3.jpg

Yesterday evening, we received the first batch of the highly anticipated Opera Browser for Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite. While preorders are getting shipped out, we took the software for a test drive in our Wi-Fi enabled Gaming Room. New orders are welcome in the meantime, for US$ 49.90 only.

The Opera Browser comes in two separate parts, one cart for the Nintendo DS slot, another one for the GBA "accessory" port. The latter is actually the reason why there are two different versions depending if you got an original NDS or a Lite. The size is reduced with the Lite adapter so that it doesn't stick out of the handheld. The menu interface is available only in Japanese language and cannot be changed to English or any other tongue. It remains very easy to use for any import gamer though. As a matter of fact, the icons at the bottom of the screen are pretty self-explanatory. From left to right, it goes: Forward, Back, Refresh, History, URL Entry, Bookmarks, Find, Settings, Help, Screen Mode, Picture On/Off, Zoom, and Screen Switch. URL input can be performed in roman characters, simply typing on the virtual keyboard with the stylus. Everything is a touch away. No such thing as a language barrier on this title. Also, the cartridge is of course region free and will therefore work with any Nintendo DS system bought anywhere in the world, same as any Nintendo DS game.

Full article Here --> http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3872&lsaid=219793

Video_freak
July 26th, 2006, 14:09
nice. i love liksang reviews. there always nice and detailed :D its too bad this browser doesnt feature flash like the psp's (thank you devhook! :)). what is the gameboy advance slot card used for? perhaps to save files :confused:

Mazza
July 26th, 2006, 14:38
It's used as ram expansion

Video_freak
July 26th, 2006, 14:43
thnks for answering. do you know how much ram memory it holds?

Mazza
July 26th, 2006, 16:10
not a clue

SSaxdude
July 26th, 2006, 21:11
Any chance of this working on an M3? I don't really want to pay for a web browser when I have a free one on my PSP.

phanphi
July 28th, 2006, 11:31
i ca'nt dowload it