PDA

View Full Version : Joystiq interviews Sony PSP's John Koller

wraggster
July 26th, 2006, 17:44
Heres an excerpt from the intereview:

Besides the PS3 association, PS1 games will soon be available to download. What can we expect?

At a point this fall, which hasn't been determined yet, you'll be able to download PS1 games to play on your PSP.

How will the controls work when converting a PS1 game to be played on the PSP?

For the most part, most games will be playable. If there's a dual analog game, then it's going to be a little more difficult to have that mapped over correctly. But for the most part, virtually every PS1 game should be playable.

Do you have a price set for how much each game will cost to download?

No, we're still working that out. That's a dual U.S./Japan deal that still being discussed.

There have been rumors about a possible PSP 2 that will have a hard drive and no UMD use at all. Is there anything you can say about that possibility?

Nothing yet, but there are plans in place of how we're going to grow the console. We've talked about how the PSP at its very base is going to be how you see it today in terms of form factor design and whatnot. As far as what is included in any next-gen PSP we haven't even gotten into yet. We're looking more at enhancing the current version.

The rest of the great interview can be found at Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/26/joystiq-interviews-sony-psps-john-koller/)

Mr. Shizzy
July 26th, 2006, 18:05
Man, I hope 1.5 users aren't left in the cold for to long on this PS1 emu. If $ONY were smart, they would sell there PS1 downloads to EVERYBODY. There profits from this would probably damn near double, if there customer base included all PSP owners.

andrew24
July 26th, 2006, 18:13
15 bucks i bet
________
buy iolite (http://www.vaporshop.com/iolite-vaporizer.html)

Video_freak
July 26th, 2006, 18:30
i'm not paying more than $5 a game (thats more than they're really worth already!

Yasir Said
July 26th, 2006, 21:13
we have to pay for games we already own :(
we all just want resident evil, gran turismo, the final fantasies anyway..am i forgetting something? oh maybe abes oddysee :)

shenske37
July 26th, 2006, 21:45
i wouldn't pay mare than $10 for (almost) any PS1 game. a good percent of the games are 10 years old!

the exception would be metal gear solid (i'd pay a litle more).

Yasir Said
July 26th, 2006, 21:46
oh how could i forget mgs..

samthegreat68
July 27th, 2006, 08:15
Man, I hope 1.5 users aren't left in the cold for to long on this PS1 emu. If $ONY were smart, they would sell there PS1 downloads to EVERYBODY. There profits from this would probably damn near double, if there customer base included all PSP owners.
i doubt that half of psp owners know about homebrew. so most everyone has upgraded... but probally the homebrew users are more likley to want a ps1 emu so who knows..

mr_nick666
July 27th, 2006, 08:25
i'm not paying more than $5 a game (thats more than they're really worth already!

/\ /\ Sounds fair to me! :p Why dont $ony put you in charge then everyone (except $ony) will be happy! :D

Interesting interview but he was a bit "Mr PR" wasnt he!??? :rolleyes: