PDA

View Full Version : No 360 Price Drop Before Years-End

wraggster
July 26th, 2006, 17:53
Microsoft Corp., the world's largest software maker, will not adjust prices of its Xbox 360 game console this year in response to the scheduled release of Sony Corp's PlayStation 3 in November.

Microsoft plans to cut the price of its most expensive Xbox 360 from $399 to $299, DigiTimes reported today, citing unidentified Taiwan suppliers. Microsoft denied the report, the Taipei-based newspaper said.

``Before the end of this year, we have no plans to cut the price of Xbox 360,'' Freda Lee, a spokeswoman for Microsoft in Taiwan, said in a telephone interview. ``There's no schedule yet'' for cutting prices.

Chairman Bill Gates said on May 9 that the Redmond, Washington-based company will sell 10 million of its next- generation consoles before Sony's PS3 goes on sale. The company sold 5 million of the game players by the end of June, Microsoft said in a presentation to investors on July 20.

Sony, based in Tokyo, will release its PS3 in Japan on Nov. 11 and in the U.S. and Europe on Nov. 17 at $499 for the cheapest version, compared with $299 for the least expensive XboX 360.

Video_freak
July 26th, 2006, 18:52
i'll probably get the Wii for xmas and wait to get the xbox 360 for $300 instead of $400 :) that way it will be cheaper to have the wii and xbox 360 than the ps3 alone :rolleyes:

BrooksyX
July 27th, 2006, 02:52
Well i am not buying a xbox 360 untill the core system drops down to $200. I was thinking about buying one around christmas but not now.

Shadowblind
July 27th, 2006, 03:16
You shoulda seen what they said on Gamespot; its amazing(and pathetic) how many people are anti-xbox360, and how lowering the priceis a stupid idea because they're "afraid" of PS3.

SmashinGit
July 27th, 2006, 07:41
I do think that Microsoft are missing an oppotunity here. They could take advantage of PS3 high price and be more on a level with the Wii.

SSaxdude
July 28th, 2006, 02:51
If MS lowers the price of the Premium package to $300, Sony will be screwed. I've also heard they might have some Premium package with even more stuff for $400.

dtothabreezy
July 28th, 2006, 06:30
i already have a 360 yay but really i hardly buy any games for it but when i do there the best games ive ever seen ex.fight night ncaa prey and theres demos galore but really they need to drop the price at lest to 350 to counteract the ps3 the only reason im not liken the ps3 right now is becuase the 360 and ps3 are gonna have esentually the same games and im not gonna save up 600$ if my life depend on it:cool: