PDA

View Full Version : PSP Rhythm 6.0

RCON
July 26th, 2006, 18:54
I want to let you know that another version of PSP Rhythm is out, version 6.0. Lots of new features and enhancements have been put into this release!

- New user interface with programming grid, graphical knobs for parameters, oscilloscope.
- Sample Loading from Pattern Mode with up to 1000 sample folders with 1000 samples each.
- New skin format and support for up to 1000 skins.
- Mute/Solo function.
- Export Pattern and load it back as a sample.
- Bass Line synth reprogrammed.
- Time Stretch Effect.
- High Pass Filter Effect.
- Lots of bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Thank you!

Louie Iturzaeta

Website
http://www.psprhythm.com

Windows Installer
http://www.psprhythm.com/Rhythm.zip

Manual Installer
http://www.psprhythm.com/Rhythm6.0.zip

D0N
July 26th, 2006, 18:55
Brilliant work RCON! Keep it up!

Mr.Denny
July 26th, 2006, 18:58
hmmm

Iinteresting. :)

motz
July 26th, 2006, 19:03
Another great release guys! ;)

tophead420
July 26th, 2006, 19:38
nice lol

Dickhead
July 26th, 2006, 20:20
This release is amazing! keep it up. A full portable sound studio in your pocket!. Maybe the usb mic from talkman game could be used in the future to record live sounds

RCON
July 26th, 2006, 21:18
We are also haveing a song contest, here are the details:

PSP Rhythm 6.0 Song Contest!!!

The top 3 song entries will win a 1gb SanDisk Pro Duo memory stick.

Contest Rules:

1. Your song must be created with PSP Rhythm 6.0.
2. You can submit as many songs as you like but can only win one prize.
3. You must include your samples and bank file.

Bonus Points:

1. Using Effects
2. Using the Bass Line Synthesizer
3. Using Extended Mode

Submit your song to [email protected] before August 31st.

In our effort to give back to the PSP homebrew community we are using all the donations received for our project to sponsor this contest.

Good Luck!!!

Illegal Machine
July 26th, 2006, 21:52
this is SICK!

where can we get 1000 sample packs with 1000 samples in each folder?

I want those million samples

bullhead
July 26th, 2006, 22:12
I cant get it to run. I put the 1.5 files in to the game folder, on my 1.5 psp.
What is the common folder that comes with the downloaded package?

Can anyone help?

Hungry Horace
July 26th, 2006, 23:05
how do people think this stacks up next to psp-kick?

i've use kick quite a lot. and although i dont *want* to change over, i find the export functions a bit lackng when it comes to getting the work into the studio.

not tried this yet, but i'll be interested to compare the two and hear what others think.

RCON
July 26th, 2006, 23:30
I cant get it to run. I put the 1.5 files in to the game folder, on my 1.5 psp.
What is the common folder that comes with the downloaded package?

Can anyone help?

There is a manual install instructions file included with that .zip file. It sounds like you are not copying the common files. That contains the samples, memory files and graphics. If you are running on a windows box I would definately try using the installer version (setup.exe). It is very easy to use.

If you still have problems check out the forums at http://www.psprhythm.com/forum

-Louie

bullhead
July 27th, 2006, 00:22
I have to use the manual install because im using a mac. Ill give it another shot. Id love to try this out, ive never used a program like this before, so it should be interesting for me to try out.

RCON
July 27th, 2006, 01:27
Try following the manual install instructions included in the zip, if you can't get it to work, email me and I'll try and help you figure it out.

My address is on http://www.psprhythm.com

-RCON

bill00000
July 27th, 2006, 09:13
I think I know what the trouble people are having is. The manual install directions state:

Copy the "rhythm" folder into the "GAME" folder on your PSP.
Copy over the "rhythm" and "rhythm%" folders from the "1.5"
folder and paste it into your
"GAME" folder on your PSP. Then run PSP Rhythm from your game
menu.

The first rythm folder mentioned doesn't exist, but is instead called "common".

Copy the rythm and %rythm folders from the 1.5 directory into your "game" folder.

Then copy the contents of the "common" folder on your PSP into the rythm directory.

bullhead
July 27th, 2006, 13:15
It works now, thanks bill00000!

jaws365
July 27th, 2006, 18:32
any chance of customizing pattern length away from those boring 16 steps yet?

DecibelRocker
July 27th, 2006, 18:46
how do people think this stacks up next to psp-kick?

i've use kick quite a lot. and although i dont *want* to change over, i find the export functions a bit lackng when it comes to getting the work into the studio.

not tried this yet, but i'll be interested to compare the two and hear what others think.

I thing this program is more fun. I used kick up to V 2. I checked out V 3. But there wasn't enough there to change my mind. The PSP Rythm devs have been leaking betas of pre-6 versions so some of us have been able to play with this new one for a while.

Kick did have a lot of advantages over Rythm around Kick V2 and Rythm V3.

the graphics are a bit more polished in Rythm 6.

Both programs have 32 step patterns and a grid. The song programmer on PSP Rythm has more features.

There are more sample controls like start and end and reverse. Rythm has FX and a virtual synth which makes some cool techno sounds.

PSPKick has good quality too like it its easy to use, but not as many features.

the erase button is swapped between Kick and Rythm. Switching modes is done with the Select button and not the analog stick. The analog stick controls those knobs on the top of th screen in Rythm. Both can bounce out wavs. Kick can bounce out midi (never tried it). Kick has help screens which is nice, but seems to be a waste of a button.

The next version of kick should be good - I'll definitely give it a try, but they have to do a lot to catch up.

My 22 cents

DecibelRocker
July 27th, 2006, 18:49
any chance of customizing pattern length away from those boring 16 steps yet?

Yeah, This one you can have 1 step to 16 steps. Like if you want the pattern to loop every 15 steps, you can do it. It can hit on 32nd notes too so you can probably get some weird timing with those combined. Add 90% swing to that and you've got a mess!

Raekwik11
July 27th, 2006, 20:49
This release is amazing! keep it up. A full portable sound studio in your pocket!. Maybe the usb mic from talkman game could be used in the future to record live sounds

Yeah the PSP Rhythm team should make the SOCOM mic compatible with this program and then we could add our own lyrics after making a beat. Keep the music alive in the homebrew scene :) thanks!!!