PDA

View Full Version : Sony explains ‘Move’ name

Shrygue
March 18th, 2010, 18:31
via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/38082/Sony-explains-Move-name)

We’ll likely never know whether Arc was never its name, was a temporary codename or was indeed dropped due a rumoured trademark dispute – but Sony has at least looked to explain its reasoning behind the name PlayStation ‘Move’.

“It's great – everyone's so interested in how our company names products,” Sony Worldwide Studios VP Scott Rohde told IndustryGamers.

“It's like at any other company; everyone dumps in their ideas and you've got agencies out there coming up with names.

“At the end of the day, we really felt that Move conveyed what the controller is all about. It's a word that the smallest kid understands, and it's a really good name. I'm happy with it.”

That logo definitely looks like an ‘A’, though…

VampDude
March 18th, 2010, 20:10
It's a word that the smallest kid understands, and it's a really good name. I'm happy with it.

Compared with names like Wii-Remote, Nunchuck and Motion Plus... Move is by far one of the main words small children would understand, because they are always told to move their arms and legs for whatever reasons.

Nocuddle
March 18th, 2010, 21:26
Hey s0ny, i got one cool name for ya dildo.

"MOO"

Yes, like cow's mooooo & it sounds like "Move".

Easy name to remember & sayz. U can even milk it too!

HiroshiYamauchi
March 19th, 2010, 02:23
"Move", what great name...I still don't know how they were able to register a so generic name for their accessory.

VampDude
March 19th, 2010, 11:52
I still don't know how they were able to register a so generic name for their accessory.

Probably because the word "Move" is generally used in company names and not devices, but SONY got there first. :cool:

Now it's Microsoft's turn to make something similar and make a name for it, if they decide to enter the motion/pointer market. Especially since there is already an amount of software for the already existing Wii-Remote. :)

Rk4WLtuf-ME

symbal
March 20th, 2010, 01:37
After Sony tried to say vibration would interfere with sixaxis sensitivity and that's the reason they left it out i really struggle to believe a word they saying on things like trademarks.

doctored
March 22nd, 2010, 22:03
After Sony tried to say vibration would interfere with sixaxis sensitivity and that's the reason they left it out i really struggle to believe a word they saying on things like trademarks.

Haha very true. I would've prefered Arc too