PDA

View Full Version : Deception Wars

wraggster
March 18th, 2010, 22:51
The acclaimed videogame studio Mobile Pie (developers of Oh, My Word! and B-Boy Beats ) today announced they will be publishing David Mile’s Deception Wars for Xbox LIVE Indie Games.

The title, created in Microsoft’s XNA, won the Judge’s Award at this year’s Bristol Global Game Jam, beating a handful of other titles to the accolade.

Mobile Pie’s Creative Producer Will Luton said:

“As soon as David pitched the title I knew we had a winner and what he created within 48 hours was simply breathtaking. He’s clearly a future star of the indie scene!”

The game, a mixture of Geometry Wars and the backstabbing party game Mafia (aka Werewolf), features up to 8 players blasting and deceiving each other.

Luton added:

“Most of the game happens off screen. Someone will blast you and you’ll throw the pad down and scream at the *@&% knowing you’ve just been double-crossed. If it doesn’t get you cursing and laughing you’re probably clinically dead!”

Mobile Pie have been working very closely with Miles on giving the title a very retro vibe, both in terms of the classic EGA visuals and dual-stick shooter mechanic.

Miles said:

“I’m really keen to see what people make of the new game play ideas Deception Wars brings to the Xbox 360, and working with Mobile Pie is really helping to bring it to the next level.”

Deception Wars will be available via Xbox LIVE Indie Games in Summer 2010.