PDA

View Full Version : PSNKiller v1.0 Released; Get On PSN All Over Again

wraggster
March 19th, 2010, 00:09
News via http://www.psp-hacks.com/2010/03/17/psnkiller-v1-0-released-get-on-psn-all-over-again/#more-13152

Kickin’ up dust is KiNgOfUnIvErS and his PSNKiller plugin. Now contrary to the name, PSNKiller doesn’t kill anything, in fact it brings life and joy by enabling online PSN play for select titles, much like Red Hate and Smokin’s PSNABLER.

Best of all — PSNKiller reportedly works with WPA-encrypted networks; something PSNABLER had a problem with. But if it ain’t one thing, it’s a-mother-****in-nother… According to the FAQ, 5.50 GEN-D3 users — things may not go as planned. If you get this error, “You Must Login to PSN” and when you try there’s another error, then you need to do the following (at your own risk):

Downgrade to 5.50 GEN-D2
Login to PSN on 5.50 GEN-D2
Boot to the recovery console and connect USB on Flash1
Copy the “registry” folder to your PC
Upgrade to 5.50 GEN-D3 again
Boot back to the recovery console and connect USB Flash1
Copy the “registry” folder that you backed up in step 4 to Flash1 overwriting it
Try getting online now.
Otherwise install PSNKiller like you would any other plugin. Copy the “PSNKiller” directory to the root of your memory stick and add the appropriate line to ms0:/seplugins/game.txt.

ms0:/PSNKiller/UniPSNKiller.prx 1

Supported titles, more info, the download…

PSNKiller supported games:

Wipeout: Plus [EUR]
Wipeout: Plus [USA]
Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid 2 [JPN]
Rock Band: Unplugged [USA]
Rock Band: Unplugged [EUR]
Resistance: Retribution [EUR](Full version only)
Resistance: Retribution [USA](Full version only)
Resistance: Retribution [JAP](Full version only)
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge [EUR]
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge [USA]
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake [EUR]
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake [JAP]
Buzz Quiz: World [USA]
Buzz Quiz: World [EUR]
Pixel junk: monsters [EUR]
Pixel junk: monsters [USA]
Pixel junk: monsters [JAP]
Invizimals [EUR]
Invizimals [USA]
Eye of judgment: legends [EUR]
Eye of judgment: legends [USA]
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 [EUR]
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 [USA]
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 [JAP]
Little Big Planet [EUR]
Little Big Planet [USA]

Apoklepz
March 21st, 2010, 22:00
So, It won't work on 5.00 M33-6? And by what I've read, I guess this only allows you to play your hacked CFW PSP online again.

Not missing PSN at all, but I guess it would be nice to get some of those Marvel Comics they have there nowadays.

blackrave
March 21st, 2010, 23:24
It works on 5.00 M33-6, but is only designed for games requiring higher firmwares to be played online and works only as a GAME plugin. A PSN firmware circumvention would be good, but for most things, a PS3 can be used to download it and then copy it over, and (online) game functionality is more important, I think.

This works very well.