PDA

View Full Version : Talismoon Displex

wraggster
July 27th, 2006, 17:07
News from Divineo USA (http://www.divineo.com/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=)

http://www.divineo.com/divineo/images/products/zz-psp-plexi-s.jpg

Talismoon Displex offers a simple solution for this widespread customer problem.

With this new type of special polishing paste, end users have for the first time the possibility of eliminating the scratches in their displays quickly and cost-effectively in a do-it-yourself process.

Displex is a patented product, simply because it WORKS! Efficiently! Scratches are removed and screens appear like new!

Has anyone ever used this on their PSP or DS etc, id love to know if it works ?

kando
July 27th, 2006, 17:14
we used to use it on cell phone screens when i worked as a tech @ vzw...it works :)

takes alot of buffing but yea...it works!

Pico
July 27th, 2006, 17:21
Displex is a patented product, simply because it WORKS!

No Displex is patented because it's a commercial product.
Also read the label if you get any, solvants and plastic dont mix (i've not seen a plastic cell phone screen in years, so its worth a mention).

penileartery
July 27th, 2006, 17:27
yeah, brasso and a lint free cloth. it worked on my psp, so why not on yours?

QueadlunnRau
July 27th, 2006, 17:41
I have purchased this product about a month ago, here is my take.

This did take off a lot of the light scratches using it on my Black iPod, although I had to buff it for I swear 30 minutes straight. I still have a few deep scratches that this kinda made less visible.

This product DOES WORK, but you really have to buff hard and long to get most of the scratches out. As for deep scratches, call them a lost cause because they will stay.

Xiofire
July 27th, 2006, 18:28
Wouldnt Brasso muck up the screen? Its a metal polish is it not?
-Xiofire

Sumo X
July 27th, 2006, 19:20
I've actually used it on my PSP's screen.

Light scratches went away fairly easily. My biggest concern was an inch long scratch that looked fairly deep. It took quite a bit rubbing, but now when I hold the PSP at the proper angle, I don't see it anymore (if I tilt it, I can see the remnants of the scratch).

I'd recommend it to anyone- just be prepared for a lot of pressing, especially if you have deep scratches.

Video_freak
July 27th, 2006, 19:26
do they sell these in stores like bestbuy or gamestop. i dont really like buying online (the shipping charges and waiting for your goods to get to you :()

penileartery
July 27th, 2006, 20:05
Wouldnt Brasso muck up the screen? Its a metal polish is it not?
-Xiofire

Worked just fine on mine. i read it somewhere online that u can use it on ur ipod. and i just tried it on my psp and it works like a charm, still takes along time.

hempy
July 27th, 2006, 20:22
I also read about using brasso a while back so i tried it on my ipod and it works pretty well. Yes it does take some time rubbing it in(i did it for upto 30 mins). Ive since used it on my psp screen with similar results. i reccomend using brasso. OR u could just order one of those kickass psp facplates from lik-sang.

mr_nick666
July 27th, 2006, 20:34
Im educated.. Brasso, eh!? :p What will they think of next! :confused:

Ichijoe
July 27th, 2006, 23:01
You could use Toothpaste and get about the same effect as useing Displex. As most Toothpaste has an tiny amount of Silica in it which is pretty much what Displex is....

k1nn34r
July 28th, 2006, 16:07
doesn't replacing the faceplate void your warrenty? i used some stuff from pixelclean.com it costs about 16 quid for the top package which gives you a deep scratch fill and a plastic film spray which stops it being scratched any more it also removes some of the glare if you have a bright light around you. top class. before that i used brasso!

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2006, 16:24
an excellent alternative to astroglide.