PDA

View Full Version : Tretton in Natal ‘EyeToy’ jibe

Shrygue
March 22nd, 2010, 18:59
via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/38133/Tretton-in-Natal-EyeToy-jibe)

Is this what it’s going to be like all the way until Q4?

The latest action in the war of words between platform holders Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo comes courtesy of Sony’s American CEO Jack Tretton, who has urged gamers wanting to get their hands on Natal to instead drop $99 on a PS2.

“I think it’s a big idea, and if you really want to get involved in playing with a camera I suggest you go out and buy a $99 PS2 and play some of the great technology we invented eight years ago,” he told GameTrailers.

“We’ve kind-of been looking for the right opportunity to bring motion gaming in a PlayStation like experience. We really feel that with Move, and the combination of the PSEye and our Move controller that we’ve got the opportunity to bring realistic gaming with motion to consumers for the first time.

“I think, that ultimately this is next-generation motion gaming.”

JDvorak
April 11th, 2010, 20:22
Yea the camera is old hat with the eye toy. But people will not remember it and go for the newer stuff all the time. I mean come on I had a touch pad 486 Compaq Computer B/W Windows 95 with a 120meg hard drive and 16meg of ram back in 1994. The iPad is nothing new. The motion sensors in the Wii were nothing new. Rumble is nothing new. Motion Camera games are nothing new. I use my eye toy to this day and love it, especially the Sega games. The only complaint is the amount of light you have to have in the room to use it, but other than that it works great. Heck even the Dreamcast had a digital camera.

But everyone oohhs and aahhs about this new stuff. The iPad while cool looking is nothing new at all. Just another pad. The medical industry has been using them for years, but now it is mainstream? And everyone wants one. It's like nothing exists unless Nintendo or Apple puts it out. Give me a break!

VampDude
April 17th, 2010, 22:25
I already have a PS2... So I will be dropping £20 on EyeToy and another £15 on the games... Or even £25 on the entire bundle of Eye Pet and the camera, even all of the SONY toys.

Sadly, SONY wont get a penny from the resale of my EyeToy purchase (sometime in the future). But Microsoft's Anal... Oh yeah, Natal... Sounds rubbish and somewhat disturbing that something as simple as a motion sensor has to have a camera, the Wii doesn't. SONY is ok, because they added camera play many years ago and continued in a form of a sequel to the original.