PDA

View Full Version : Official: Apple now offering iPhones... unlocked!

wraggster
March 22nd, 2010, 22:23
Uh oh, Nexus One. We heard from 9 to 5 Mac that Apple was due to begin selling an unlocked variant of the iPhone in the near future "at list price." And guess what happened when we inquired to an Apple store? That's right folks -- you can now pick one up for $499 (3G), $599, or $699 (3GS). We've confirmed this info at no less than five stores, so you should be hearing the same message at your local Appletorium. Given the current unfriendly climate between Apple and Google, this is the perfect, nasty jab. This isn't the first time an unlocked iPhone was made available -- in many parts of Europe (France, Spain, and Poland, for example) you can pick up the carrier-unattached device -- though this is certainly a major change in policy for America. So what's next... you getting one?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/22/official-apple-now-offering-iphones-unlocked/

doctored
March 22nd, 2010, 22:25
Woah thats pretty big

doctored
March 22nd, 2010, 22:26
Hmm actually maybe not as big as I thought. Will still be interesting to see how this pans out though!

phsychokill
March 22nd, 2010, 22:32
it's about time they did them unlocked, chances are there will actually be some decent deals on them instead of them being heavily overpriced for what they are.

symbal
March 24th, 2010, 00:21
Still needs some serious discounting before i'd ever consider it, i mean Nokia's top phone the N97 is literally half the price of the 32gb iPhone 3gs, it can't match the iPhone's processing power and Symbian's got a bit crap the last few years but is still a far better phone.