PDA

View Full Version : D.I.Y. 'Portable' Gamecube

wraggster
July 27th, 2006, 18:08
Ben Harklin over at Nintendo Central has constructed a real (big) beauty: a semi-portable GameCube. He writes: "After a month of on-off work, I've finished my handheld Gamecube. Calling it a Portable Gamecube is an [overstatement] because I'm still tethered to the wall and it is still bulky and heavy."

And we thought the GameCube was known for its cute, little size. Hey, whatever it takes to play Smash Brothers on the go.

More info (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/26/fan-made-portable-gamecube-is-a-beast/)

Malksta
July 27th, 2006, 18:52
Neat :p

Junixx
July 28th, 2006, 07:55
Lmao wow

The Hombrew Hunter
July 28th, 2006, 16:37
That's cool. I wanna do something like that.

Xiro
July 30th, 2006, 23:02
You guys should check out some of the portables that Ben Heckendorn has done over at www.benheck.com and more importantly check his forums because forum members have created atleast 5 GCp's and dkap01 from www.portablesystems.net has created an xbox portable

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2006, 23:11
Not cute. It is a normal GC with a screen.

Xiro
July 31st, 2006, 00:46
Not cute. It is a normal GC with a screen.

its way more complicated than you think. you have to open both the screen and gamecube, and solder the screen mobo to the gamecube mobo using the correct pinout diagram, then also cut the controller open and extend all of the leads, not to mention building in a battery with the correct voltage and with a protection circuit and charger built in.