PDA

View Full Version : Grodo Alpha 2, Now with Button Sets! (Commodore 64 Emulator)

wraggster
July 27th, 2006, 18:26
sweetlilmre (http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7925) posted this news:

Hi,

Okay a quick update:

I have reimplemented the gp2x button set code.

When you first run the exe a file 'grodogiz.keys' will be created in the app dir.
The instructions on how to make your own button sets will be written to the file, have a look. You can have multiple button sets defined (nice for a specific layout for your favourite game).

If you want some examples, download frodo for the gp2x and look at the frodogp2x.keys file, but be aware that many names are different.

Also in this release:

vkeyboard:
- cursor remains within the keyboard.
- Click and drag of the keyboard cleaned up (click and hold fire on the top line of the kbd, you can drag it around, position is remembered).
- default keys changed to add space as forward key (nice for skipping through all those crack-tros).

settings:
- setting menu now shows the current button set, you can switch between the defined ones (I hope).

This was a 1 evening job, and rushed between doing the kids home work etc. so I can't guarentee it, please let me know of any crashes / bugs. I didn't have time to look at the multi-disk game stuff or the sound.

Squidge has generously offered to have a look at the code for optimisation and I'll be setting that up for him in a day or 2, so hopefully we'll have some improvements in the sound stuff soon.

I will be away at Black Hat for the next week and a half, I'll try to catch up on mail, but it will be unlikely that I'll be able to do any dev.

-(e)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments