PDA

View Full Version : What would enhance the PSP the most?

wraggster
July 27th, 2006, 19:25
This question was answered at Comic Con by Sony but what whould you consider the most important?

Ability to connect PSP to PS3
Ability to play PSone games on PSP
Mini hard drive
Video output
Digital camera
Instant Messaging
Text Messaging

Answer Via the Comments

Video_freak
July 27th, 2006, 19:29
i think the mini hard drive would be really cool(at least 10 gigs tho) :D

jetkey885
July 27th, 2006, 19:29
it would be Video output. who needs to controll the PS3 when you could already do it without the PSP...all other crap are just crap from Sony which is still just crap.

steve-b
July 27th, 2006, 19:30
mini hard drive
PS1 games
video output
digital camera
text message
IM
Connect to PS3 (Too expensive to worry about buying one of those right now:)

lemmiwinks
July 27th, 2006, 19:33
dvb-t tuner

Video_freak
July 27th, 2006, 19:37
dvb-t tuner
what the hell is that :confused:

ninja9393
July 27th, 2006, 19:41
well for the hackers with the iso's i would say mini hard drive

steve-b
July 27th, 2006, 19:41
digital tv i think?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 27th, 2006, 19:43
This question was answered at Comic Con by Sony but what whould you consider the most important?

NO MORE FIRMWARE UPDATES :) lol

Jonesyxxiv
July 27th, 2006, 19:49
Id say mini hard drive. We already have Instant messaging with AFKIM.

SweetFA
July 27th, 2006, 19:56
Better battery life wasn't on that list.

It'd top my list.

rock_light
July 27th, 2006, 20:12
Keybord support, controller support.

If you could hook this up to tv and use a controller that would be the bomb. especially if it were official because then we might see some games you could play two player w/ one console.
TV mode would just be a bonus.

And a keybord would be the bomb. I wouldn't care about messanger untill a keybord was released anyway.

mr_nick666
July 27th, 2006, 20:32
It would have to be the hard-drive :)

Raekwik11
July 27th, 2006, 20:38
video calls would be cool

Squidman
July 27th, 2006, 20:46
Id say mini hard drive. We already have Instant messaging with AFKIM.

I'd say IM cause i don't really understand AFKIM (i downgraded after the release of that app and need some help, PM me if u can help ;) )

but other than the IM thing, i'd say PS1 emulation, some of the best games were on the PS1!

BlackJack23
July 27th, 2006, 20:50
Hard Drive(Must be physically very small, even if memory has to be sacfriced)

TV output(real TV output, not some crappy web-cam excuse for one)

YourStillWithMe
July 27th, 2006, 20:51
i would have to say psone games but it would also have to depend on what we could do with the ps3 connection if we could play our psp on the ps3 and run it like a psp2TV adaptor i think that would be sick and lose that whole camera BS. PSone games will be sick as soon as it is emulated via devhook i have full faith in booster and dark alex they have done so much i really think they have done more then Fanjita. (He is also amazing though.) I see Fanjita being better at cracking and exploiting firmwares but booster and dark alex are better emulation with the firmwares.

Greg_Alexander
July 27th, 2006, 20:51
open up the architechture, so that it allows easy implementaion of homebrew ect, with the latest updates.
I don't understand why Sony are so uptight about it anyways - they'd sell even more units, if it were homebrew friendly.

Video_freak
July 27th, 2006, 21:11
oh ya thats right, i forgot keyboard support :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 27th, 2006, 21:17
oh ya thats right, i forgot keyboard support :)
So did $ONY :(.Also some decent A list games would be nice like mental queer solid and gran turisumo portable.

Shiesty
July 27th, 2006, 21:20
psone emulator
i dont know what video output is but being able to play all types of video without converting them
super battery life
hard drive
use it as a usb controller for your pc
faster transfer rates from memory stick to psp (not sure if thats possible without new hardware)

second analog stick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Screwie5150
July 27th, 2006, 21:29
PS1 all the way!!!

xiringu
July 27th, 2006, 21:48
yeah, ps1, no doubt

Kvonx
July 27th, 2006, 21:50
The video an ps one games that is the best piks rite now:cool:

juliusceasar
July 27th, 2006, 21:55
For me it's got to be a mini HD (although flash mem would be more realistic as HDs and moving parts are so oldskool ;) ), it's got to be small enough to not protrude out of the standard casing and 8Gb+ as you can get 4Gb MS without any bulk.

All the other items on the list suck, think about them all for a bit. PS1, give me a break, take the rose tinted specs off for a bit 99% of the PS1 games sucked big time of the 1% time has been rather harsh on all of them. Camera, that's just daft, perhaps if it works like an EyeToy but taking photos on a PSP.....

Better battery life wasn't on that list.

It'd top my list.

I stupidly updated my PSP to 2.71 out of boredom, I think I was expecting an exploit to come out sooner to let me downgrade.

Since I updated my battery life is much improved, I listen to music for a few hours a day and watch some tv eps (about 40mins) and play Outrun and Wipeout. I only have to charge every 3 days or more. On 1.5 with the same or less usage I used to run out after 1.5 days, I guess Sony were keeping run time in line with the FW version ;) .

juliusceasar
July 27th, 2006, 22:02
I know what I'd prefer to a PS1 emu... a saturn emu! The hardware may have sucked but there were real gems that no where near enough people got to enjoy!

QueadlunnRau
July 27th, 2006, 22:11
PS1 emulator would be the best way for Sony to go, it will generate more revenue as well as promote more "cool" factor for the already rad PSP.

Plus FF7 on da PSP would kick balls.

hi_mahou
July 27th, 2006, 22:13
When these topics come up people put up outlandish things, i just want the simple stuff.

Like folders with more the one folder depth, the ability to use and make playlists, a built in file browser, being able to listen to music while on the internet, being able to create text files, them fixing the page down on the browser so it works like on the pc (instead of half the page or all and a bit),

there are others but i've made my point.

Uruz 6
July 27th, 2006, 22:32
When these topics come up people put up outlandish things, i just want the simple stuff.

Me too, I would be happy if, with some new firmware, it was possible to get the psp to make coffee :)

Seriously I would go for keyboard support (actually I was thinking of some mini touch-like keyboard to be plugged in the usb port) and the ability to make playlists.

Voltron
July 27th, 2006, 22:34
1.) Mini Hard-Drive (20GB or higher)
2.) PSOne game emulation.

juliusceasar
July 27th, 2006, 22:50

Hear hear. Why can't they just tidy things up first?

D0N
July 27th, 2006, 23:01
I would say the mini hard drive and obviously the PS1 emulator :D

MUDD
July 27th, 2006, 23:05
Mini Hard-Drive no contest

im not a bit suprised to see its #1 .
not that i took a count .
but i wonder will there ever
be enogh space ?to be happy
has to be any harddrive ,not just some
crap sony branded HD

raptorman57
July 27th, 2006, 23:07
PSone emulation will be good as long as Sony doesn't overcharge for roms. Since the UMD is rumored to be dying, I would also like to see the ability to play video from the memory stick in the same resolution as UMD's. Why not utilize the hardware's full potential? Come on Sony, stop doing things half way!

JNJC
July 28th, 2006, 00:46
A keyboard would really broaden the scope of what you could use your PSP for. With keyboard support you pretty much turn it into a pocket pc......

aaroncort
July 28th, 2006, 01:25
I really don't understand why nobody has released a camera for the PSP. When I first got my PSP one the first things I noticed was the mounting holes [sic] on either side of the usb port. It seem like a little do-dad like a camera was ment to go there.were are those third party fools when you need them.

J.J
July 28th, 2006, 01:44
Definately Instant messaging.

That'd be totally awesome.

tryqus
July 28th, 2006, 03:16
A Lcd that doesn't ghost.

-Mrow

Zephyroth_drgs
July 28th, 2006, 03:54
how bout:

video output including vga for proyectors to use it on presentations like powerpoint =)

support 4 powerpoint of course ... lol

keyboard, small internal hd at least 20 gb

full web browser capabilities

SMS and telphone GSM functions

Camera n Flash (good flash no crap plz :/ ) at least 4 megapixlz

BIGGER battery capacity, this one is really important

thats some good stuff huh?

Edshugeo
July 28th, 2006, 03:59
1) A touchscreen keyboard (previously mentioned and it seems unofficially on the list. Some great homebrew could result from this.)

2) PSOne games (though I'm only interested in a handful)

3) Mini hard disc (I'm thinking 30 GB or more - unrealistic?)

Zephyroth_drgs
July 28th, 2006, 04:04
3) Mini hard disc (I'm thinking 30 GB or more - unrealistic?)

not quite unrealistic but it seems 30gb is too big fora few inches hd, and of course internal hig capacity will make the psp even more expensive i think a good/economic solution is a 10 (?) gb at least or something

but of course it doesnt include flash memory style hard disks ;)

ACID
July 28th, 2006, 04:33
Ability to play PSone games on PSP
Mini hard drive

dtothabreezy
July 28th, 2006, 06:33
i would settele wit a 8 gig hd if it didnt add any weight:D

The_Lead_Factor
July 28th, 2006, 07:23
How about the ability to not be made by Sony?

juliusceasar
July 28th, 2006, 07:43
How about the ability to not be made by Sony?
lol

YourStillWithMe
July 28th, 2006, 07:59
why would you guys like a mini keyboard for your psp? Are you serious? The "lord" did invent a laptop ya know. . . if you feel the urge to type things just use a pc or laptop. the psp is a GAMING system. A mini keyboard would be just another fragile thing we'd have to be careful not to drop. and in terms of a wishlist why should we even mention the psone emulator???? its not a dream anymore guys, its going to happen haha. and yes i realized i said that before too i correct myself is houldnt have, that was dumb.

Uruz 6
July 28th, 2006, 08:18
why would you guys like a mini keyboard for your psp? Are you serious?

Somebody already explained why but I'll say it again: A keyboard + incredible coders = a mini pc-gaming system.

You've heard of how it's now possible to use windows 95 and linux on the psp right? just add these homebrew to the autoboot feature of the new custom firmwares and here's your pc.

dtothabreezy
July 28th, 2006, 08:34
ya its like a tablet pc but its not if they could run windows faster than 5fps then it would be great plus i could do my lua in my bed room (dont got a computer for my room) and it would make me and my brother happy he has the pc i have psp and 360 what can go wrong:D

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 09:08
turning my psp into a mac or windows system would be awesome :D

QueadlunnRau
July 28th, 2006, 13:11
why would you guys like a mini keyboard for your psp? Are you serious?
the psp is a GAMING system.

Are you serious??? -_-

Okay let's look at this from your perspective; If the PSP were “only” a gaming system, it’s an online gaming system and EVERYONE knows the best part of online gaming is talking $%#&. I mean is it more fun killing someone if you were a mute? Adding a keyboard would sooooo much enhance the online features of the next Socom by adding 1337 talk, “1 pwn3d j00’r d0nK3y Ba115 w1t my 1337 5ki115”

That is just one of 100’s of reasons for a keyboard if you are going to just use the PSP as a “gaming” system.

Baboon
July 28th, 2006, 14:29
A decent d-pad (that doesnt have to be stuck down) for playing tekken and street fighter would be on my wish list!!!!

...A piss poor design makes playing fighting games a bit of a mare.

Stoofa
July 28th, 2006, 15:37
Support for any usb hard drive would be nice.
They'd have to allow usb connection whilst using the machine for anything other than usb mode though.

Plus I'd love to see the PSOne Emu, imagine portable FFVII!

Other than that, "official" universal IR support so you can teach it to control any remote control using device.

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2006, 16:21
I think tha a taser would be a valuable add on

Raekwik11
July 28th, 2006, 17:00
A decent d-pad (that doesnt have to be stuck down) for playing tekken and street fighter would be on my wish list!!!!

...A piss poor design makes playing fighting games a bit of a mare.

Looking back at it now, the d-pad does suck. They should fix that and shoulder buttons because when you aim in GTA or lock on in SOCOM the button doesn't stay locked on unless you press it really hard almost breaking it.

Zoidberg
July 28th, 2006, 18:05
Definitely the touchpad.
Together with a pen you can easily emulate a keyboard. And you can think of many more games that suddenly would be playable on the PSP.
Anybody who tried Transport Tycoon on the PSP knows what I mean!

Baboon
July 28th, 2006, 19:15
Looking back at it now, the d-pad does suck. They should fix that and shoulder buttons because when you aim in GTA or lock on in SOCOM the button doesn't stay locked on unless you press it really hard almost breaking it.

It's like Sony forgot to sort out the most important thing for playing the games, and decided to hire a designer from Fisher Price or Toys R Us to make the controller?? :eek:

Doing raging demons in Street fighter 2 alpha3 aint too fookin easy anymore. Which is a shame cause its well emulated on the psp.

...and as for only having one analog controller for playing 3rd person shooters... dont even get me started. :mad:

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2006, 21:21
... and a laser guided rocket launcher

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 21:23
... and a laser guided rocket launcher
a taser and rocket launcher would be nice add-ons, but nowing sony, theyd be a rip-pff :rolleyes: