PDA

View Full Version : new mame for psp

repuken2
March 25th, 2010, 21:17
Hi all,

i thought some people would be interested in this, so i compiled this mame merging original mame 0.97 src with this japanese guy's sources (dunno if he is takka or tmk but a lot of thanks goes to him for his great work) :

http://psp.nukenin.jp/HTM/index_MAME04.html

and taking also some stuff from pspmame04 from 2005.

I got tired of waiting to play simpsons and crude buster on psp so i made it myself. If anybody cares download it and give it a try, it support's many games not supported yet in finalburn or other mames.

cheerz,
Repuken2.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Some info:

to quit a game: Letf Trigger + Right Trigger + Start , then press any button.
Call MAme Menu: left Trigger while in game.
Call Emu Menu: left Trigger while in game list.

Some games supported:

Vol I :
Simpsons, cabal, bloodbross, Aliens, Vendetta, Crude Buster, X-Men, etc

Vol II :
Robocop, Dragon Ninja, Shadow Force, Dead Connection, Growl, Vigilant, R-Type Leo, Hook, Undercover Cops, etc

roms:

put your roms in the "roms" folder inside the emu folder (Create it if not exists).
The roms shoulb be mame beta 0.97 compatible ( most of current version one's do work).

note about games requiring to create nvram ( simpsons, vendetta, most konami games) :

this games require you to create nvram, for this you can either create it in your pc in a desktop mame and then copy it to the "nvram" folder inside the emu folder or create it in the psp. For this you'll need to remap one of the buttons to the testswitch key and reset the game while having it pressed. For more info check mame official FAQ page :

http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/FAQ:Games#The_Simpsons

Big_Silent
March 27th, 2010, 00:22
Dude,how do you get this damn thing to work? I tried using X-Men (US 4 PLAYERS) and put the nvram file in the nvram folder and all I get is a bunch of stupid writing about compression report. What do I exactly have to do to get it to work?

About a memory consumption report? A part of me can't help but feel that being able to play X-Men on PSP is too true to be good,so I would extremely appreciate it if you could help me.

Big_Silent
March 27th, 2010, 00:38
Which folders are suppose to go on PSP? Could that be why it's not working?

repuken2
March 27th, 2010, 02:54
do you have a fat or a slim psp? it won't work on phat, it doesn't have enought memory, sorry i can't help about that...

if you have a slim the just make a directory call whatever you like, mamepspSomething make a rom dir inside called roms where the zipped roms go and the nvram thing and you're set.

Hope this helps.

repuken2
March 27th, 2010, 03:02
Maybe i was a little vague (read lazy) on the description:

you need a psp slim to play bigger games although i think it should work on phat for smaller games.

jurkevicz
March 27th, 2010, 21:56
Emu works great! I hope there will be updates, but for first release it works really well.:D

jwhood31
March 29th, 2010, 05:38
great job man,i've been waiting for a while to play the simpsons that game was the s@#t,hope there are more updates to come in the near future mad props to all devs towho makes the old school come back to life:thumbup:

bogart80
May 10th, 2010, 14:07
I'll check it out later in my phat. Thanks in advance. I hope at least to make Vendetta work. I guess games like Metamorphic Force are just 'out of the league' for a phat psp, but one always can dream.

bogart80
May 12th, 2010, 13:28
Here goes: Out of the games I've tested,I've managed to run blood bros, cabal and crime fighters, quite a success considering it's a phat psp. I appreciate you shared this great work of yours with us, since this is the only emulator I've come across that emulates such bunch of classics. A shame I cannot play asterix, vendetta, aliens, etc., but being able to play blood bros and cabal (without the defective controls of mame4allr9) is already an achievement for us classic-arcade-lovers. I wonder if the inclusion of a cache support for certain games would help; but then again, you have a slim, so you don't need that at all. By the way, I suggest that you include (if possible) autofire support in the next releases. It would come in pretty handy to avoid smashing the buttons; the original source you used for this emulator did not implemented either so it is understandable. In fact, no mame for psp has an autofire support that works at all (not mame4allr9 at least).

protoss1
April 20th, 2011, 00:49
Hi, wheres the MAMAE EMULATOR DOWNLOAD LINK!!?????
Can someone help me?
LOL im soo confuse.. why everyone commenting on how good it is if theres no link??
Link finder .........
How come im the only noob here who cant find this Invisable link??
Do I need glasses!??! lmfao..
Seriously cant c the link!!

Shrygue
April 20th, 2011, 18:25
The download link went down when the forum software was upgraded. If by chance someone finds another location for the Mame emulator, then tell us and we could reupload it here. Btw this is an old release, there could be something better and more updated.

protoss1
April 22nd, 2011, 22:13
Hi
I thought no ones going to reply to me lmfao..
Ok soo this link is taken down? and no one knows where they relocate this link?
What should I do or Do u have this mame deathrash emulator??
Or do you know any Mame on the psp that plays X-men and simpson flawlessly like this one??
Theres a new mame call Mame r.06 but its still crap!! cant get nothing to work on that.. I heard this one u can play simpsons!! Also
do u know anything about Mame Plus ?? thats also a rare mame emulator which people not sharing soo lame !!.

protoss1
April 22nd, 2011, 22:14
Hi
I thought no ones going to reply to me lmfao..
Ok soo this link is taken down? and no one knows where they relocate this link?
What should I do or Do u have this mame deathrash emulator??
Or do you know any Mame on the psp that plays X-men and simpson flawlessly like this one??
Theres a new mame call Mame r.06 but its still crap!! cant get nothing to work on that.. I heard this one u can play simpsons!! Also
do u know anything about Mame Plus ?? thats also a rare mame emulator which people not sharing soo lame !!.

protoss1
April 22nd, 2011, 22:22
I found one site or a couple of them but I have to pay money like 5$ ... well im poor can some one hack into that site and get it free some how??!!

Google Psp mame deathrash Vol 1 and Vol 2

here are all the crap website asking for money
http://www.safetorrents.com/secure-download/cHNwbWFtZSBkZWF0aHJhc2ggdm9sIGlp/
http://gigabytedownloads.com/signup/pspmame_deathrash_vol_1.rar
http://getexpressfiles.com/accessing/pspmame-deathrash-download.rar

This f#%@$# LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

protoss1
April 22nd, 2011, 22:26
Hi Jurkevicz
Can u share this emulator with me..
please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

protoss1
April 22nd, 2011, 22:28
Hi Jwhood31
Can u share this emulator with me ?
The link is down and no has this emulator??

Baboon
April 24th, 2011, 16:42
Anyone thats got this emu could you kindly please reupload it? I'm after vol 2 but can't find it anywayhere and this would give me an excuse to dust off my psp.

Ta

Baboon
April 28th, 2011, 08:50
Bump

protoss1
April 30th, 2011, 01:46
hi Do u have Vol 1 !! Can u share that with me pleaseeeeeeeeeee??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

protoss1
April 30th, 2011, 01:46
@Baboon Can u share Vol. 1 With me ? please !

Baboon
May 4th, 2011, 08:17
No sorry I've not got vol 1 or 2. I'm just mainly intersted in vol 2 seeing as thats got some data east games running like robocop and dragon ninja (and I'm hoping they run better than on previous revisions of mame on psp).

I can't beleive that this site has no back up of whats hosted on here? ...or that theres nobody here with the files willing to share?

Sad times.

Mr. Shizzy
May 4th, 2011, 16:58
I looked all over the webz for it, but couldn't track down a copy anywhere. :(

EDIT: Here are some other MAME emulators for PSP: http://emu-russia.net/en/files/emus-psp/mame/
Maybe one of those will be helpful ?

KISSER
August 17th, 2011, 21:06
wHere's !!!!!!!!
What a shame only works on PSP Slim, the creator should make a cache file maker for PSP FAT:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22KVGMI4
Wish someone could cath this and make it compatible with Fat, many of us want The SImpson ARCADE for our PSPs :(

KISSER
September 23rd, 2011, 18:34
HI:

since I could upload the emu, I wanna ask if someone knows if any coder has token this emulator to create a cache option for fat users....

dreaming it's free....

repuken2
September 28th, 2011, 01:56
Hi!, i saw your messages, here are the last compiles i did, sorry about fat psp's, i really have no time right now with study/word/life and such for further development.

have fun!!! :)

KISSER
October 20th, 2011, 13:00
Hi!, i saw your messages, here are the last compiles i did, sorry about fat psp's, i really have no time right now with study/word/life and such for further development.

have fun!!! :)
Pal ! I have the offer of a C/C++ Developer for add the cache option for Fat users ! Can you send me the source code for give it to him , please ? Gracias hermano argentino ;)

KISSER
November 16th, 2011, 19:32
repuken, any chance to send me the src plz ? One C+ coder wants to help us to make deathrash compatible with Fat. Please...

CT_Bolt
April 25th, 2012, 18:41
I know this may be a form of Necro-Posting, but just to clearify...

There is no way to run The Simpsons arcade game on a PHAT PSP correct? :confused: