PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Meltdown Commercial Game Demo

wraggster
July 27th, 2006, 23:05
Today with the release of the new 2.80 firmware came the release of this puzzle game demo.

Heres an excerpt from the Preview by Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65903):

Meltdown's mercury has transitioned to a completely different state. The process of delivering your delicate blob of liquid metal from start to goal, running the gamut of endless obstacles, undulating surfaces and narrow ledges, rarely frustrates for reasons the developer didn't intend.

As well as quicker load-times, there are useful indicators, handy stabilisers and thoughtful options everywhere. A colour chart means that you can negotiate the levels that involve separating your mercury into smaller blobs, spray-painting them and then mixing colours without loading the Dulux website in the background; there's near-instant auto-saving after every level; you can change camera controls and even your mercury skin without exiting to some mother-menu; you can pause the game and roam around the level in free-look to get a feel for the challenges ahead; you can take on the 16 levels that make up the "lab" hub you're working through in any order, with more labs unlocked based on constituent progress rather than having to finish everything.

When you download and unzip then put the eboot.php in a folder called "UCJS10043" in your Game directory.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

nielsss
July 27th, 2006, 23:42
is this the jap version?

TeamOverload
July 27th, 2006, 23:46
Yeah, it is a Japan only demo. The English demo is World Tour soccer 2.

mgillespie
July 28th, 2006, 01:09
Does this run on Euro PSP with 2.80 firmware? I get a message "Corrupted Data" from the file. I am assuming it will, as LocoRoco Jap worked just fine on my PSP..

I don't want lousy Soccer game, I want Mercury!!!

TeamOverload
July 28th, 2006, 01:19
It should work. Did you put it in the right folder? PSP/GAME/UCJS10043

tophead420
July 28th, 2006, 03:21
2.8 to play thise new demos right i would like to try them but there totally not worth upgrading from 1.5 to 2.8 i geuss ill wait and see if this 2.8 will be added to the list of compatible devhook firmewares lol

Briggzy11
July 28th, 2006, 05:43
Its not worth upgrading for a demo like this...

...Same for the soccer game, the first 1 was rubbish so why even get a demo for free to try the new 1?

Sony really need to sort this out because if they think we are gonna upgrade for 2 little demos hahahahahahahahaha not a chance (well 3 counting Locoroco 1.01 "pretty pathetic too")

No offense to people that have upgraded but personally I have no idea why you did when within 1 week 2.80 will be emulated using devhook no doubt

mgillespie
July 28th, 2006, 07:54
because i value the features over homebrew?

kando
July 28th, 2006, 07:57

atm that means flash....i sold my psp and bought a new one just to get homebrew...dunno what features im missing :P

mgillespie
July 28th, 2006, 08:17
I use my PSP to listen to shoutcast steams, and i have my entire music/picture/videos accesible on my PSP when inrange of my Wifi, as RSS feeds.

To me that is more important than homebrew.

mr_nick666
July 28th, 2006, 08:27
This game looks pretty good to me but NO game is worth and upgrade! :mad:

MikeDX
July 28th, 2006, 11:17

What features are these?

VIDEO RSS,a video folder and 3gp support.. ??

oh whoopppeee! Crack open the champagne!

TCLCloud
July 28th, 2006, 11:37
Im with you, keeping the PSP update and getting the latest things without using homebrew, if you brick your PSP then your screwed, and when the PSOne Emulator comes out, the official one then Sony might sort themselves up with the security, although i think some some homebrew should be allowed as long as its not being used to do things you shouldbt be doing, like downgrading and stuff....

andy8228
July 28th, 2006, 13:16
Mercury Meltdown is a hell of a lot more cartoony than the original mercury (which is an awesome game)

Raekwik11
July 28th, 2006, 16:40
is this game made by the same people? Is it from Archer MacLean?

ACID
July 28th, 2006, 16:47
So you have to upgrade for this demo. If so no thanks.

mgillespie
July 28th, 2006, 18:48
Hmm, interesting. I donwloaded the file 3 times from here, and it never worked, downloaded it direct from Sony Japan PSP site, and it worked 1st time. I was either unlucky, or the attached file is corrupted.

TeamOverload
July 28th, 2006, 19:06
It works fine for me. I got it from Sony Japan in the browser.

roberto125919
July 28th, 2006, 21:18
well we can do all that with 1.5 firmware + devhook

felonyr301
July 29th, 2006, 03:31
very soon we will have your so called features and then guess what enjoy your homebrew less psp if it wasnt for homebrew i would of just gotten an DS (Lite) and a video ipod.

skater9269
July 31st, 2006, 21:49
with homebrew i can watch avi videos and .mov videos and well alot of other codecs without upgrading through my wifi router and i can play snes and gameboy games and control my pc and play n64 games a gb advance games and use the browser sony made up to 2.71 and play doom and do alot of other crap so sony is crazy for thinking ill update and your just retarded if you update for the bs sony puts out i gues they have given up on getting us 1.5ers to lose all the best psp action or they would have put in somthing really good like..........well i dont even no and btw with devhook (2.71) we have a usb cam prx and gps prx and gps folder in flash 1 so it will be a cold day in hell when i update my psp.

jonezybaby
August 1st, 2006, 12:42
where do i get the soccer demo? i try downloadin from the browser on psp and it get a 1kb file

HermanDos
August 2nd, 2006, 15:47
Hi!

the demo of the soccer game is --> click (http://psp.yourpsp.com/browser_downloads/game/wts2_game_demo/EBOOT.PBP)

copy this eboot file in psp/games/UCES00206/

enjoy

:)

sorry for my bad english :)

Briggzy11
August 2nd, 2006, 20:19
Why do you want the soccer demo lol its really rubbish and not worth the effort, Sony are good at some things but one they are not good at is creating Football games, damm EVERY This Is Football game (that world tour soccer is based on) is the same, same graphics, players, kits (all bad and fake)...

...I rated it 2/10 on every gaming website I work at (7 sites) and reviewed it all 7 times I never just copy and paste my reviews.

I dunno y i am talking about football for when this is the mercury thread but either way dont bother getting the footie yeh.

Mr. Shizzy
August 9th, 2006, 01:07
Its not worth upgrading for a demo like this...

I agree. I'm NEVER updating. If I Had a 2.81fw; I'de never play it. :mad: I guess SONY figures, if they can trick at least a dozen or two twelve year olds into upgrading for some cruddy demo they will:( . Listen, repeat after me kids: " 1.5 can do MORE of everything than a 2.8 with the right homebrew application."
But in the end, I guess it's a personal choice. Do what you want.;)

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 9th, 2006, 16:56
very soon we will have your so called features and then guess what enjoy your homebrew less psp if it wasnt for homebrew i would of just gotten an DS (Lite) and a video ipod.
Very true i was 1 of those people who upgraded my 1.0 psp and had to wait ages to play emus etc,i wont want the same to happen again

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 16:58
i'm never upgrading just for a demo either. just wait for the game to be devhooked or something :)

zaniar
August 25th, 2006, 20:31
im realy confused

i have 2.8 that can run game demos

so y cant it run these emulators and roms and stuff like that

i would apreciate some clarification

Kramer
August 25th, 2006, 20:35
because sony doesnt want us to be able to run homebrew.

zaniar
August 25th, 2006, 20:48
lol i know that part but whats the diference in the coding that 2.8 can play those demos but not those homebrews?

Kramer
August 25th, 2006, 20:52
because sony's demos are signed with there encryption key and homebrew isnt that's why people are looking for exploits to run unsigned code on higher firmwares.

zaniar
August 25th, 2006, 20:57
oh

zaniar
August 25th, 2006, 21:04
because sony's demos are signed with there encryption key and homebrew isnt that's why people are looking for exploits to run unsigned code on higher firmwares.

that makes sence

ryutoki
September 1st, 2006, 19:08

There is nothing you can't do (or at least won't be able to do soon) with a 1.50 version of Firmware. All the new features in 2.80 will soon be emulated. There is absolutely no reason to upgrade.

despoteuodia
September 15th, 2006, 01:12
atm that means flash....i sold my psp and bought a new one just to get homebrew...dunno what features im missing :P
just use dev hook, you get the 1.5 firm ware but emulate 2.71 and soon 2.8 how is haveing only 2.8 better??? *cough* idiot
jk

kodan50
September 24th, 2006, 16:13
I have played this game a few times on my 2.8 PSP I only take out on rare occasions anymore. I don't know why, but I hate this game, and can't put it away. (BTW I am still referring to this demo).

As for the soccer game, well its a free demo, barely worth the size, and not worth the time. I wish someone would release a demo for a new FF game, I would love to see how that would turn out on PSP. (I mean, soccer or FF, you decide...)

oh yeah, and finally, FF is referring to Final Fantasy, just so their is no confusion :)

paul26000
September 24th, 2006, 16:14
yes i love my devhook and wouldn't upgrade to 2.80 in a million years! Sony need to try harder than that! though devhook from what i heard on another forum may not be bringing any more updates out...

gta_kicksbutt051
September 24th, 2006, 23:21
need xbox modding help or psp modding help post me

yes i would love some help with my PSP. tell me what the best programs to put on their. i have... PSP Radio, IR Commander, a SNES emu, a NES emu, PSP PDA, a Philips and Sony Remote, and a DGEN emu. im looking for a fully fuctional or almost fully functional web browser for PSP version 1.5 also. and along with anything else that i would absolutely have to have on there or something thats really col. thanx!!

Ti-83 programming fk
September 30th, 2006, 21:39
When you download and unzip then put the eboot.php in a folder called "UCJS10043" in your Game directory.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments
I can't unzip because it requires a CD... D***IT!!!:mad: