PDA

View Full Version : Looking for anyone interested in programming professionally

primetime
July 27th, 2006, 23:32
Hey, I am looking for anyone who is interested in doing this more on a full time basis, I am really impressed by some of the games here and am looking for some programmers for our teams that work on PSP and DS. Fire me an email if you are interested.
Steve [email protected]

yaustar
July 28th, 2006, 00:46
Stupid question time: In America or UK?

primetime
July 28th, 2006, 00:54
Not at all, looking for Vancouver but can connect with UK or US.
Steve

yaustar
July 28th, 2006, 01:01
Hmm.. I would love to give it another shot at a job in the UK but I recently got turned down. The standard reapplication period is 6 months isn't it?

TeamOverload
July 28th, 2006, 01:03
Wait, so you are recruiting homebrew devs to work at EA?

RealRitzcracker
July 28th, 2006, 02:14
I Would Love To
Where Can I Send My Resume

yaustar
July 28th, 2006, 02:21
To the email address in his first post.

dtothabreezy
July 28th, 2006, 02:22
el wha well i cant do it im to young anothere oppertunity out the window:D and im stupid u relleay need to hit up psmonkey hes a coder and i think hes worked on some comercial games

yaustar
July 28th, 2006, 02:28
PSMonkey already has a day job. If he wanted to leave, he would have already.

primetime
July 28th, 2006, 02:38
On where to send them, fire the resume to me at [email protected]. On EA looking at homebrew, we have hired some great programmers from homebrew and they have done really well.

yaustar
July 28th, 2006, 02:38
@Steve: For clarification, are you looking mainly for C/C++ programmers that are at least at a graduate skill level?

primetime
July 28th, 2006, 15:41
True we mostly use C and C++ but also have opportunties for other languages. Skilll level is a tough call as I am yet to find a defintive level for graduate skill, at the end of the day what I am really looking for are a couple of really smart programmers who really want to work here.

Nasty Nate
July 30th, 2006, 00:06
hey primtime, do you know when spore will be out?
sry yaustar i know youll say sumthin about not in the thread or usin pms but im looking forward to this game

yaustar
July 30th, 2006, 00:49
Even if he did, unless it has already been publicly announced, primetime will not be able to release any more information due to NDA issues.

MasterChafed
July 30th, 2006, 21:17
Man, i would love this, too bad im only 16. Hope they'll be hiring in a couple years.

yaustar
July 30th, 2006, 21:30
Out of interest, what is the interview process like in EA at Vancouver?

primetime
August 1st, 2006, 15:41
Good call on the NDA, you are right on that. for the interview process depends on level but recently we have tried to speed it up and have you come in and meet with to tech interviewers and one manager with the obligatory HR person.

jman420
August 3rd, 2006, 05:22
and one manager with the obligatory HR person.

(in a Strong Bad voice)

Obligatory!

(end Strong Bad voice)

No but seriously, sounds interesting.. kind of makes me wish that it wasnt 60 credit hours of school untill I have my degree in programming lol...

DrNicket
August 6th, 2006, 04:49
Makes me wish my experience with Turbo Pascal and Basic would be enough, (rather dated and oft not used anymore).

I am looking for an entry level marketing/PR job though... People always said I should be a salesman, but I prefer marketing/ad campaigns, Client Services, etc.

csd-san
August 6th, 2006, 07:01
Damn. I'm a complete noob at programming, but I live only 6 hours from Vancouver.