PDA

View Full Version : World Tour Soccer Findings

TeamOverload
July 28th, 2006, 01:50
The newly released World Tour Soccer demo has some interesting parts. The first thing I noticed was the prescence of a 15MB data.drm file. This is presumed to simply be files needed for the game to run, since the game will crash once started if the file is not present. The file is encrypted so not much can be done yet. Why make a seperate file for data though, instead of just putting it in the data.psp? Another new thing present is in the param.sfo. There is a new key: SHARING_ID where the value is 0

yaustar
July 28th, 2006, 02:23
What files are present? Can you write out a list and the folders that they are in?

TeamOverload
July 28th, 2006, 03:06
What do you mean?

The World Tour Soccer Demo is in a folder named: UCES00206. In there is a standard eboot(param.sfo, icon0.png, and data.psp) and the data.drm file.

The Japanese Mercury Meltdown demo also features the SHARING_ID, so I am assuming it is something new in 2.8.

yaustar
July 28th, 2006, 17:49
How big is the eboot?

TeamOverload
July 28th, 2006, 18:00
The eboot is 5MB. The .drm is 15MB, so everything together is about 20MB.

ACID
July 28th, 2006, 18:03
Thats interesting im going to see what else is hidding if i can.

yaustar
July 29th, 2006, 01:10
Okay, has the thought occured that the data.drm file actually contains game data/resources for the game that the developers don't want people to see/use? It isn't part of the executable file since it is much easier to interchange files/resources if the whole thing is data driven rather then needing a rebuild everytime an asset needs to be added/modified.

TeamOverload
July 29th, 2006, 02:28
Yeah, I believe it is files like that as well. They likely had the code done, but the demo only features the two teams from the World Cup final. I wonder if it can somehow be unpacked or if we can pack our own.