PDA

View Full Version : moddible 2d fighter alpha2

dtothabreezy
July 28th, 2006, 06:20
this is alpha 2

changes
ai is smart this ai more than likely will be the hard ai type

theres a timer it goes to negatives now but will serve a purpose

charecters when you go beyound the other charcter shall flip its confusing now:p

next time the game will have more tweaks menus an arcade can chage between ai and more so watch out its gettin close to beta:D

BrooksyX
July 28th, 2006, 07:06
Great job man, keep it up! :)

Zion
July 28th, 2006, 09:02
Nice work :D

D0N
July 28th, 2006, 09:54
Nice work dtothabreezy! Looks like a promising piece of homebrew. Keep up the great work!

jman420
July 28th, 2006, 11:30
well thats realy cool, its great to see that all forms of games are being made :D

lol, and I've been asking for coder status for months, and to no avail... so dont be hoping for to much :p

edit: then again, you did use a lot more complex methods of coding, much that I dont yet understand too... so you could get coder status, but then DCEmu would have not given it to me because of my poor coding methods..

either way! graet game! I hope it progresses to be comparable to tekken 2! :D

dtothabreezy
July 28th, 2006, 21:05
im hoping to get it compareble to any fighting game the ai will be alot smarter next time becuz it will know were you are if there is anything any body wants tell me

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2006, 21:20
id like to see an alternative to openmugen - which isnt very far along. keep up the good work.

dtothabreezy
July 28th, 2006, 21:26
whats openmugen:confused:

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 21:27
ya nice game. cant wait to see it develop further :)

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2006, 21:52
whats openmugen:confused:

on M.U.G.E.N.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N
on openmugen
http://openmugen.sourceforge.net/

dtothabreezy
July 28th, 2006, 22:08
thats cool but mine will be different i invtion gettion on to an online lobby and talkin to pepole and you ask if some body gots a ryu charcter somebody says yes then you could download it from him and now you have a ryu charecter and visaversa i used to use something like mugen called 2dfighter maker which inspired this game-- also does any body know how to change the font for lua the siz is to small for my new timer:D

dtothabreezy
July 29th, 2006, 04:27
stadus update ive got fliping charecters down if you go past him you and he will flip only prolem with that is when i add the abiltiy for more charecters but i will be able to fix that quickily a timer was made that runs perfectly just need to make it bigger can any body help wit that im gonna work on smart ai now then possibly perfect collision:cool:

bronxbomber92
August 9th, 2006, 18:39
This looks really cool! Is this c or lua?

dtothabreezy
August 9th, 2006, 19:22
lua

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 19:37
Hey dtothabreezy...what version of lua you run this in? I'm getting a nil value error on font globals on the 7th string of the 2df.lua script.

This happens right after I press start on the main menu....I'm trying to run it on PC luaplayer BTW, that's probably why...

dtothabreezy
August 9th, 2006, 19:45
i run it on luaplayer.20 if you know a littel lua you can probbably fix it if you cant i might try fixing that for you tonight:cool:

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 20:00
Wow thanks, but see....the thing with the PC version application is that it's based upon the 0.14 structure...that means it doesn't load modules...I wonder why it hasn't still been updated, but I really don't want you to go through the trouble either, I've already tried myself a couple of times with no avail.