PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Screen Protectors

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2006, 07:28
Screen protectors.,lets face it everybody needs them, I was sick of looking at my dslite with its bubble filled screen protectors that looked so ugly. there where so many bubbles in fact it was un enjoyable playing a game on my new hand held. So i removed them, and perplexed about getting a new set, after calling my local store waiting on the phone for ten minuets before they told me they where out of stock, I was understandably disappointed, I don't like touching my hand helds unless they have screen protection, I like to take care of my investments, being half creative and half pissed off is a good motivation for me to sift through old electronics looking for anything in my ancient box of forgotten goodies that might work as a screen protector, Then i got struck by inspiration, Dvd boxes,
that's right Dvd boxes, they have that same kind of plastic over them that they use to make screen protectors, So within minuets I was finding an old dvd box to sacrifice, now the trick was to apply them,
I recalled when i was a kid we used to take soapy water, plastic cutouts and stick them to windows around the house, much to the dismay of my mom who hated it with a passion,lol
But the thing is ,it works, And such is the same principal with this idea for cheap, yet high quality screen protectors of any size needed for any portable console. Just remember the water must be warm and very soapy, (the soap is what makes it want to stick) and also make sure the home made screen protector isn't dripping when you put it on, It doesn't need to be dripping, just a little wet, (you don't want to get water in your console,) After they are applied take something like a baseball or playing card to sweep any air bubbles out (you will find this incredibly easy to do) and when you have them perfectly set- with all the air bubble out, just let em dry. (remember to be very careful though, again, you don't need water in your console, When everything is done you will be well please with the results, Just a thought from someone who didn't have access to high quality screen protectors and really needed a set for his ds lite, Give it a try sometime when your feeling brave , Peace out peeps,

Leave Feedback Via Comments Below

stotheamuel
July 28th, 2006, 07:39
will do.... :)

\/oid
July 28th, 2006, 16:52
freaking good idea!my word why did i not think of it:)heehheehehehe

ACID
July 28th, 2006, 17:02
Tale about old school. I haven't heard of this in decades , But it is a great idea and I'm going to try it with one of mi reserve psps

The_Lead_Factor
July 28th, 2006, 23:21
:eek: It works!

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2006, 23:34
Ive learned that liquid hand soap Does work Better all by its self without the water ;)

The_Lead_Factor
July 29th, 2006, 07:32
It makes everything smell good too ;)

Video_freak
July 29th, 2006, 09:24
i gott try this too :)