PDA

View Full Version : PS3 set to outsell Wii by 60%

wraggster
July 28th, 2006, 15:33
A Japanese analyst posted this news:

Developers may love it, and many gamers seem to have already warmed to it, but that won't stop Nintendo's Wii finishing behind Sony's PlayStation 3 in the next-gen battle. That's the view of Yuta Sakurai, leading analyst at Nomura Securities in Tokyo, who has suggested that the PS3 will outsell the Wii by a bulky 60 percent. By 2011, he believes PS3 will have shifted 71 million units, compared to an estimated 40 million units for Wii at the same stage.

Mr.Denny
July 28th, 2006, 15:48
haha Bullshit i say! :)

I honestly can`t see the PS3 doing very well due to it`s utterly insane price. The Sony fanboys will lap this up but i guess time will tell.

r2works
July 28th, 2006, 16:35
Sony sure is optimistic about their future console. Unfortunately this probably will not turn out to be accurate. The aim for Nintendo's Wii is to be a secondary, or alternative console to the 360 and PS3. That means that people will more likely own a Wii and a PS3, or a Wii and a 360, or just the Wii.

With that type of marketing, the Wii will out sell both consoles.

GeEkPiE
July 28th, 2006, 17:00
I agree completely with Mr.Denny

Zion
July 28th, 2006, 17:52
Not going to happen :D The Wii will rule :p

Video_freak
July 28th, 2006, 18:05
haha Bullshit i say! :)

I honestly can`t see the PS3 doing very well due to it`s utterly insane price. The Sony fanboys will lap this up but i guess time will tell.
thats EXACTLY what i was thinking. pretty soon the xbox 360 will go down from $400 to $300 so you'll be able to buy a wii and ps3 for $50 less than a $600 ps3 :eek:

SSaxdude
July 28th, 2006, 18:10
The Wii will outsell the PS3, then I think the PS3 and 360 will sell about the same.

stotheamuel
July 28th, 2006, 18:46
But remember youre all wrong.....

ps3 will outsell because of

A. features
B. sony
C. there are a lot of rich people who have more important things to do than get on the internet...

thats why everyone here loves the wii...

DrgnAK
July 30th, 2006, 20:11
Your logic is alittle flawed.

A. Features alone aren't well worth the $600 mark, unless you count the Blu-ray player. If Blu-ray bombs, then the entire console loses alot of it's value.
B. Sony's name will probably help it along, but not by far.
C. Rich people will own more than one console, and it will be likely that a Wii will be one of them. Not only that, but the PS3 has high development costs, scaring away some of the smaller tight-budgeted 3rd-party developers, which the Wii would soak up due to it's lower costs, which means the Wii might just have about as broad a selection as the PS2 nowadays, which takes care of that advantage.

Mr.Denny
July 30th, 2006, 20:29
I totaly agree with you DrgnAK.

Plus, the high cost of the PS3 will scare off non-hardcore gamers, the exact market Sony tapped into with the PSone and the PS3.

Shilo
July 30th, 2006, 20:36
There is no way that the PS3 will out sell the Wii by that much. Think about it, a little kid wants a video game system for Christmas. Unless the parents are rich, they will go for the cheaper console. I don't even think that the PS3 will even out sell the Wii.

stotheamuel
July 31st, 2006, 00:12
okay... thats the kids... the people who make there own money will buy the more expensive one...

Also a lot of people will buy ps3 alone for blu ray.. its cheaper than a plain old bluray player

dtothabreezy
July 31st, 2006, 07:21
the problem wit that knowledge is alot hardcore gamers arent hard core cashed so basically sony has just dumped out littel kid gamers who i say buy the most crappy games (cars) and brings good profit teens saven for a car dament the ps3 half a car:D and lesiure gamers and hardcore online gamers watcha got left except for pepole how will do anything for sony and pepole who can buy the console and just dont care wish it was the old days when you could get every console on release day *sigh*:(

pkmaximum
July 31st, 2006, 08:08
Hmmm I honestly was planning on getting a ps3 until I heard of its insane price. I understand the fact that blue ray technology and everything built into a sytem and only costin $600 is an awsome outstanding deal. But here are the known problems to that and that is you can't use the blue ray technology for burning etc. and only use the software that SONY provides. I also believe that this will probaly end piracy for the ps3 for a long time because not many people can afford blue ray players to burn ISO's to them, and the fact that even if you did put the whole ISO on the ps3 hard drive were looking at 50 gigs of space! =O

Nintendo Wii on the other hand looks at what is best for the consumer and sells it at a reasonable price, and also is making the consul backwards compatabile with all the old games. This is great because it revives those who want to play old school SNES, and NES again =P

Now ift he ps3 has a linux operating system then I'll definently look foward to it, as I hope it has the ability to run some type of homebrew.

zeon x
August 1st, 2006, 12:05
...because not many people can afford blue ray players to burn ISO's to them, and the fact that even if you did put the whole ISO on the ps3 hard drive were looking at 50 gigs of space! =O

I really want to know how much these games are going to cost. Considering the games can nolong just be ported from 1 system to the next, programming cost must be spiralling. and if the games are 50gig each, i can only assume the price per game will be as insane and the PS3 itself.

10shu
August 1st, 2006, 19:48
I really want to know how much these games are going to cost. Considering the games can nolong just be ported from 1 system to the next, programming cost must be spiralling. and if the games are 50gig each, i can only assume the price per game will be as insane and the PS3 itself.

Right now the game are priced around 60$ on bestbuy

50gig fillup pretty fast when u work with hd textures...especially if u use advanced shader than requiered several layer of textures.

However I think the ps3 is far too expensive for a gamesystem than going to be use for about 6year...

Nin10dude
August 1st, 2006, 20:28
I don't think that's possible with the PS3's high price. The PS3 looks like a great console, I want one, but I simply can't afford it at a $600 price. Yeah, there are plenty who can, but I don't think it's possible to sell more than something that's three times as cheap, unless Wii had the power of an Atari 2600, or something. With Wii's low price, and games that appeal to even nongamers, I think it will win the console wars.

Accordion
August 1st, 2006, 20:38
well its going to cost about $800 in the UK from £425 so stop your moaning

stotheamuel
August 2nd, 2006, 10:49
Now ift he ps3 has a linux operating system then I'll definently look foward to it, as I hope it has the ability to run some type of homebrew.

it does have linux os.. so itll have all the virtual console shit and you wont have to rebuy it