PDA

View Full Version : Emuconnect

Rayek
July 28th, 2006, 17:57
I'm sorry if I'm breaking any sort of rule, but I figured that this feature of many emulators isn't used at all, and people would like to hear about it.

I've set up a rather good forum (although cheap...) for people to connect to each other to play emulated games over the net using the netplay function in nearly all good emulators.

I'm looking for mods, members, suggestions, artists (to design the emuconnect logo...), anyone interested in expanding the Netplay function and meeting up with people online to play some King of Fighters ;)

the Emuconnect Boards (http://emuconnect.11.forumer.com/index.php)

JKKDARK
July 28th, 2006, 18:01
I joined ;)

Rayek
July 28th, 2006, 18:08
Haha! Thanks. I'm currently working out a deal where the domain will be emuconnect.gpjunkies.com or gptheatre.co.uk. Someone's willing to do a host for me, since I can't. That means no ads!

Damian666
July 28th, 2006, 18:43
Ahhh, so I do have a competitor after all. JKKDARK has already joined up at my site as well Rayek. So a little competition never did hurt anybody eh? Good luck to the both of us.

Rayek
July 28th, 2006, 19:02
Ahhh, so I do have a competitor after all. JKKDARK has already joined up at my site as well Rayek. So a little competition never did hurt anybody eh? Good luck to the both of us.

Do you have a netplay forum, or what? What competition?

ExcruciationX
July 29th, 2006, 04:36
Do you have a netplay forum, or what? What competition?
We have an emulation forum EmuShack.forumcircle.com, that covers various consoles, and it should start growing very soon.

Rayek
August 1st, 2006, 06:55
Well, regardless... Our forum is a little different. We're stressing netplay, and not really overall emulation, though our users can discuss emulation in any form with the setup I've created.

A friend on the GP32X forum is letting me use some space on his server, and he's co-administrating the forums with me. We have a new URL, and a new look. Some wrinkles have to be ironed out, still (The logo, for one...) but I feel we're ready to take on the flood. We already have active discussions, so feel free to hop in at anytime.

EmuConnect (http://www.emuconnect.gpjunkies.com/)

I don't feel we're posing a threat to anyone's membership because our different forums have different goals. For instance, one of our goals is to flood Kaillera with reliable servers to increase the useage of the Netplay feature in emulators. One of your goals is to compete with other sites... Not very healthy. We're all part of a greater emulation community, and the more forums, the more users the better.

So...

Rayek
August 10th, 2006, 04:54
We now have a few consistent forumgoers, a hundred and so posts, and we need some variety. Please check out the link in the post above, just to chat about emulation, and possibly link up for a game.