PDA

View Full Version : Sony: 'Hardcore gamers will appreciate Move'

wraggster
April 12th, 2010, 16:03
Shuhei Yoshida, head of SCE Worldwide Studios, has promised PS3 Move will deliver a range of experiences that will appeal to hardcore audiences.

Speaking to Edge, the exec said that the company's focus is split "50:50" between making Move appeal to a wider audience, and making traditional games work in a different way.

"The precision of the Move system allows game designers to create games as simulations and games with much more depth than other motion-based game experiences," he said.

"We are sure that hardcore gamers will appreciate and enjoy the challenge, with a much finer control over how they interact with the game and achieve greater success in those games.

"It was very interesting to hear comments by a certain journalist who tried Sports Champions' table tennis, who clearly enjoyed playing the game but complained about the lack of perceived one-to-one control at certain times," he added.

"During the GDC event we were showing the game's entry-level mode, which includes a lot of assists to ensure that everyone who plays the game for the first time can enjoy it. However, we plan to have in the final game a more simulation-based mode, which will allow expert users to really try out their skills. That promises to be a hardcore experience."

SCEE's head of developer services, Kish Hirani, also told Edge that the arrival of Move means he won't be playing RTS or FPS games on PC any longer. There's more through the link.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=242355?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

VampDude
April 12th, 2010, 17:39
I will have to see Move before I can give it an honest verdict, though myself like others who haven't tried it yet will be comparing the controller with the Wii Remote which in itself isn't perfect.

symbal
April 12th, 2010, 18:38
The Wiimote works because the Wii is basically a toy and is perfect for Nintendo's young and casual gamers and all Nintendo products you got no worry about throwing, dropping or whatever, i can confidently say the Move will always be seen as a novelty controller like guitars etc. and developer support will dry up after an initial run of hardcore games.