PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have a Secret Immunity To 3D Movies?

wraggster
April 12th, 2010, 17:59
Not everyone who fails to be wowed by the latest Hollywood wave of 3D movies is necessarily criticizing the movie or the 'gimmick.' The author states: 'At least 12% of people have some type of problem with their binocular vision but less than five percent have severe visual disabilities, making appreciation of 3D tricky or impossible... For the 12%, two-eyed vision can be improved with supervised vision therapy. If anyone else out there, like I did, suspects 3D is a giant con, then perhaps a trip to the optometrist is due

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/10/04/12/147235/Do-You-Have-a-Secret-Immunity-To-3D-Movies

VampDude
April 12th, 2010, 22:43
I went to see only one move in 3D, Ice Age 3. Yes, it was a good experience to see the screen in a different view, but really it's just a cheap gimmick to sell movies... Or in the events of now, televisions and even more movies and even sports packages.

The 3D home market will fail, even though the 3D movie market rocketed lastyear. Add 3D to the list HD-DVD was added three years ago.

mike_jmg
April 13th, 2010, 05:26
Not inmunity, more like I'm starting to hate the trend.

Last week I saw a trailer for the new RE movie, and it is basically made for 3d with a bunch of stuff coming at you all the time and pretty much no other type of scene.

I'm not liking where all this 3d stuff is going.

VampDude
April 13th, 2010, 10:43
I'm not liking where all this 3d stuff is going.

The same place as the 80's... Everywhere! :eek:

mike_jmg
April 14th, 2010, 16:24
The same place as the 80's... Everywhere! :eek:

spreads like cancer