PDA

View Full Version : Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic worth buying?

MrTeressaBond
July 28th, 2006, 23:40
Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic card worth buying?

i mean seriously, i am building my computer, and there is a good bargin for me to buy this card before its too late, within 2 days to be honest.

there has been alot of debate weather to choose NVidia or an ATI card. and i am absoloutly confused. as some games where made specifically for ATI or NVidia and thus NVidia to alot or 50% of people tends to have more popularity.

but i was asking, which this card, would i be able to play NVidia games smoothly as it would play on an actual NVidia card?

i would really really appreciate it if someone can help me almost ASAP.

also, this card that is on offer, has been used for 1 year, 100% working as described, been operated in a fairly dust free environment and never been overclocked.

thanks very much, i again will be very greatful if this card was worth buying at a good price, or in fact, how much would u go for in this condition in buying it?

thanks again.

motz
July 28th, 2006, 23:48
Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic card worth buying?

i mean seriously, i am building my computer, and there is a good bargin for me to buy this card before its too late, within 2 days to be honest.

there has been alot of debate weather to choose NVidia or an ATI card. and i am absoloutly confused. as some games where made specifically for ATI or NVidia and thus NVidia to alot or 50% of people tends to have more popularity.

but i was asking, which this card, would i be able to play NVidia games smoothly as it would play on an actual NVidia card?

i would really really appreciate it if someone can help me almost ASAP.

also, this card that is on offer, has been used for 1 year, 100% working as described, been operated in a fairly dust free environment and never been overclocked.

thanks very much, i again will be very greatful if this card was worth buying at a good price, or in fact, how much would u go for in this condition in buying it?

thanks again.
The 9800 Pro is capable of loading a lot of good apps and games at perfect frame rate but I wouldn't recommend it for use with the latest, state of the art software as it will start to lag on frame rate. Its definately a decent graphics card though. :)

MrTeressaBond
July 29th, 2006, 01:50
oh right.

in wat way do you mean state of the art software? can you or anyone name me a few?

also, would over clocking do anything? or help at all? and what will it do when it is overclocked?

Cap'n 1time
July 29th, 2006, 03:28
oblivion for example.. actually the 9800 pro does a DECENT job with medium quallity on.

Eric
July 29th, 2006, 12:21
Radeons are horrible get a Nvidia card i'm going to cause my ATI Radeon x700 Pro is really bitin the dust here.

MrTeressaBond
July 29th, 2006, 16:24
oh right..,

i knew there would be bigger majority on NVidia.

its either that one, or the MSI NVIDIA FX 5700 VTD256 which i only have a couple of hours to go for by a friend.

can anyone tell me if this would beat the Radeon? or can anyone tell me if this is any good or not?

please anyone give me a few pointers and info as u wish.

thanks.

quzar
July 29th, 2006, 23:18
If it's a 9800 256 then yes, cause you can flash it to an XT. I just got rid of my 9800Pro 256 DDRII three days ago (flashed to xt) it served me well and was able to play everything I threw at it, but alas, I no longer had an agp slot, so i moved up to an x1900 AIW

MrTeressaBond
July 30th, 2006, 00:14
oh right..i wonder why u would throw away such a good card, you should have gave it to me :D

also, may i ask, is the MSI NVIDIA FX 5700 VTD256 just identical to the actual NVidia GeFroce FX 5700? or am i missing something?

quzar
July 30th, 2006, 00:53
Oh, I gave it to a friend (actually sold it to hinm for 100$)

Tomlo
July 30th, 2006, 01:02
You could probally find a Geforce 6600/6600GT at a good price now...

I cannot say for certin but that MSI 5700 I belive is more sophisticated than the norm.

I think that 5700 has 8 pixel pipes instead of the normal 4 and the core/memory clocks are slightly higher than the norm, still a 6600 would be alot better and probally cheaper.

heres a small review:
http://www.computeractive.co.uk/personal-computer-world/hardware/2044833/msi-fx5700-vtd256?vnu_lt=ca_art_related_articles

MrTeressaBond
July 30th, 2006, 01:15
oh right.

iim afraid to say i have lost the item now, as this seller itself hasnt tested it, and the price has bumbed up alot.

i am sooo very greatful of you lot helping me out and because i have lost it, doesnt meanur help doesnt go to waste, it will make me more aware of wat to get.

thanks very much people, and i am going to create a new thread saying if the Intel Pentium D 930 is acutally worth buying?

thanks again.