PDA

View Full Version : Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic card worth buying?

MrTeressaBond
July 28th, 2006, 22:49
Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic card worth buying?

i mean seriously, i am building my computer, and there is a good bargin for me to buy this card before its too late, within 2 days to be honest.

there has been alot of debate weather to choose NVidia or an ATI card. and i am absoloutly confused. as some games where made specifically for ATI or NVidia and thus NVidia to alot or 50% of people tends to have more popularity.

but i was asking, which this card, would i be able to play NVidia games smoothly as it would play on an actual NVidia card?

i would really really appreciate it if someone can help me almost ASAP.

also, this card that is on offer, has been used for 1 year, 100% working as described, been operated in a fairly dust free environment and never been overclocked.

thanks very much, i again will be very greatful if this card was worth buying at a good price, or in fact, how much would u go for in this condition in buying it?

thanks again.

Eric
July 29th, 2006, 11:20
Radeons suck your better off with a Nvidia

Cooe14
July 30th, 2006, 05:20
Unless you are willing to spend more, I say buy it. ATI cards are SO much better than Nivida ones.

SnoopKatt
July 30th, 2006, 08:56
I have the same card in one of my computers, and I'm very happy with it. Go ahead and buy it.

Is'lan
August 1st, 2006, 10:52
People tell me that if you're going ATI, you need to get one from the X series, where they are PCI graphics cards

yaustar
August 1st, 2006, 13:32
How much are you getting the card for? The 9800 Pro is still a decent card to use (Heck, I am still using a 9500 in mine).