PDA

View Full Version : Old PSP interview

HellsPlumber
July 29th, 2006, 01:19
I put this in the news section because it tells of future PSP hardware, gives info on hacking and hints that sony may allow homebrew in future.:D

I was searching the net and found an interveiw with Japanese technology Web site ITmedia, Kawanishi that revealed possible plans for the PSP. Read it and then come back here.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/23/news_6131739.html

Firstly,it says:
"Kawanishi explained that security issues prompted the team to leave out some Javascript support, such as allowing scripts to access the UMD"

This shows that If Javascript is expanded,then the Flash memory would be accesable and a downgrader could be made.

Then it says:
"He commented that a keyboard and mouse are possibilities"

We have yet to see these and they where not on any PSP plans.But lets hope they are released ;)

THE MAIN PART!:

"When asked whether the PSP will support downloadable games, Kawanishi simply stated that the idea is under consideration. He also added that it would be interesting if users could develop their own simple games and distribute them online."

USERS COULD DEVELOP THEIR OWN GAMES AND PUT THEM UP FOR DOWNLOAD BUT $ONY BLOCKED IT! :mad:

Does this mean $ony will allow homebrew in the future?
Is he talking about some kind of software $ony will release to make games?
Is he trying to make it sound like $ony is in favour of homebrew and trying to get its reputation back?
Or does this guy just not know what he's talking about? :D

techno-devil
July 29th, 2006, 10:45
Javascript with flash-access NOW!!!!

jimmi
July 29th, 2006, 10:56
He doesnt know what hes talking about... weirdo

Voorhees
July 29th, 2006, 17:32
i hope this man is sane in the mainframe :D

Screwie5150
July 29th, 2006, 20:26
The PSP is hacker/homebrew friendly... so why wouldn't sony like it they made the psp that way!!!!

F9zDark
July 29th, 2006, 21:24
I put this in the news section because it tells of future PSP hardware, gives info on hacking and hints that sony may allow homebrew in future.:D

I was searching the net and found an interveiw with Japanese technology Web site ITmedia, Kawanishi that revealed possible plans for the PSP. Read it and then come back here.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/23/news_6131739.html

Firstly,it says:
"Kawanishi explained that security issues prompted the team to leave out some Javascript support, such as allowing scripts to access the UMD"

This shows that If Javascript is expanded,then the Flash memory would be accesable and a downgrader could be made.

I do not think this is the case. The processor in the PSP has 2 modes that can be run in (I heard there might be 3, but I can only recall 2 of them) Kernel mode and User mode. UMDs can be used in both modes. Flash can only be accessed in kernel mode. So this will probably never be a possibility.

Then it says:
"He commented that a keyboard and mouse are possibilities"

We have yet to see these and they where not on any PSP plans.But lets hope they are released ;)

Homebrewers can make their own keyboards, using the IR port and a PDA keyboard. I believe a mouse can also be hacked using the serial port (remote control connection)

THE MAIN PART!:

"When asked whether the PSP will support downloadable games, Kawanishi simply stated that the idea is under consideration. He also added that it would be interesting if users could develop their own simple games and distribute them online."

USERS COULD DEVELOP THEIR OWN GAMES AND PUT THEM UP FOR DOWNLOAD BUT $ONY BLOCKED IT! :mad:

Does this mean $ony will allow homebrew in the future?
Is he talking about some kind of software $ony will release to make games?
Is he trying to make it sound like $ony is in favour of homebrew and trying to get its reputation back?
Or does this guy just not know what he's talking about? :D

Since Sony is allowing us to develop homebrew for the PS3, I really see no reason for the PSP not to have official homebrew functionality sometime in the future. But being Sony's first handheld, they may wait until PSP2.(if there will be a PSP2)