PDA

View Full Version : Russian Boy Allegedly Kills Dad Over Video Game Ban

wraggster
April 15th, 2010, 00:31
A 14-year-old boy in southern Russia was charged with killing his father with a sledgehammer after his parents tried to stop him from playing computer games, officials said Tuesday.

The unnamed boy in the coastal town of Tuapse, located by the Black Sea in Russia's southern Krasnodar region, bludgeoned his father to death while he lay sleeping, regional investigators said in a statement.

"At around 1:00 a.m. (local time) on April 12, the suspect dealt his sleeping father at least two blows on the head with a sledgehammer. The man died on the spot from a head injury," the region's investigative committee said in a statement.

"The parents had taken away the keyboard as a disciplinary measure after he spent a week playing computer games," said Inna Biryukova, a spokeswoman for Krasnodar investigators.

After the killing, the boy's frightened mother gave him the keyboard back and the boy played computer games for several more hours until he fell asleep, Biryukova said.

At that point, the mother, who was not injured, contacted relatives who in turn called police.

The boy, who has no criminal record, is now being held in pre-trial detention, Biryukova said.

At 14, he is old enough to be charged with murder under Russian law.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/13/russian-boy-allegedly-kills-dad-video-game-ban/

Krisando
April 15th, 2010, 12:04
I'm glad someones taking a stand, placing it in his own hands. This is crazy a parent would actually take the keyboard.

VampDude
April 15th, 2010, 12:28
I'm glad someones taking a stand, placing it in his own hands. This is crazy a parent would actually take the keyboard.

It's not crazy, parents have rules for their children for a reason. Maybe the boy had to goto school and his parents wanted him to have a good education so he could go far in life, your comment I'm afraid sounds very dumb.

darkriku2000
April 15th, 2010, 23:12
It's not crazy, parents have rules for their children for a reason. Maybe the boy had to go to school and his parents wanted him to have a good education so he could go far in life, your comment I'm afraid sounds very dumb.

Dude, I'm pretty sure he was making a joke.

Anyways, this story is sickening. I can't believe that there are people out there who would kill their own parents.

Krisando
April 16th, 2010, 05:14
Dude, I'm pretty sure he was making a joke.

Anyways, this story is sickening. I can't believe that there are people out there who would kill their own parents.
And play games straight after, pretty casual eh?

wolfpack
April 16th, 2010, 05:35
Creepy.