PDA

View Full Version : Can Sony ‘Move’ hardcore gamers?

wraggster
April 15th, 2010, 22:39
Any seasoned gamer who owns a Wii is probably familiar with this scenario. Family has come to visit and so you bust out the “Wii Sports” and start in with a round of boxing. You, with years of gaming under your belt, hold the motion controllers in your hands and punch the air with careful precision and thoughtful timing. Meanwhile, your 6-year-old niece grips the controllers with pint-sized zeal and flails her arms with all the thought and precision of a goose on fire … and thusly proceeds to beat you at this game time and time again.

Playing goofy games with friends and family is fun and watching people flail about is always amusing. But if you’re a gamer’s gamer, it’s not exactly the kind of experience that’s going to sell you on motion controls. As soon as your niece leaves, you may just shove the Wii into the closet to gather dust.

Nintendo’s motion controls have done the seemingly impossible: They’ve turned non-gamers into gamers in droves and they’ve made video gaming a social, family affair like never before. But meanwhile, seasoned, adult gamers — the hardcore gamers specifically — have abandoned the Wii in droves, aggravated by the lack of precision in the controls, not to mention the lack of games that cater to their interests.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36528035/ns/technology_and_science-games//

TRAY
April 20th, 2010, 08:46
hmm i got exactly the same opinion
wii is for partys (have u ever tryed to play ski jump on the balance board when youre drunk"hilarious")
i laughed my ass of
my friend landed straight on his face:rofl:
but when it comes to serious gaming wii is s**t
i would never play any of the wii ported games like need for speed
wii fit is nice my girlfriend started to play and i got quite hooked
if you are a couchpotato like me wii fit is good to do at least something for your body
but for the rest i leave it alone