PDA

View Full Version : Can't copy files/folders from PSP.

Blah007
July 29th, 2006, 10:37
Allright, I got my PSP hooked up to the PC, but whenever I try to copy it to PC I get an error "files or folders are corrupted or unreadable". Tried copying individual files, some copy but others give that error. Got a file in the music directory I can't copy, and my bookmarks.html can't copy either.

I've looked at some of the attributes for the folders, and I notice they all have "Read only" attribute. Tried clearing it in both explorer and command prompt but it didn't work. Also, PSP\COMMON is completely un readable.

Any ideas what's going on? I just got this memory card (2GB) and seems to work so far...

motz
July 29th, 2006, 10:40
Hmm, is your USB port working correctly (High-speed USB is recommended) or have you recently downgraded from firmware 2.50 or 2.60?

under_0ath777
July 29th, 2006, 10:44
re-install the usb driver or reformat the memory stick

Blah007
July 29th, 2006, 10:45
Yep, USB is working just fine. I downgraded from 2.60 to 1.50 (which is what this psp used originally), and that installed fine. Also reformated the memory stick afterwards to clear the downgrade files out.

motz
July 29th, 2006, 11:07
Its sounds like there's either a problem with your PC OS or your memory stick is damaged. What brand is it?

jaydee73
July 29th, 2006, 11:46
Have you used Devhook recently? Devhook can cause corruption to files which would result in the error message you are getting. To fix it you need to run chkdsk against the memory card.

Boot up the PSP and enter USB mode.
Run the following at a command/dos prompt:

chkdsk x: /f

Replace the x: with the drive letter your memory card has been assigned by your OS - on my PC it is I:

This will fix any corruption on the drive, allowing you to copy files and folders.

It is recommended upgrading to the most recent version of devhook as well.

Blah007
July 30th, 2006, 04:38
Ahh yes, I tried devhook, it's not on my system currently (which is why I didn't bother to think that was it). Chkdsk fixed the problems, thanks for the help. :)