PDA

View Full Version : Map GBA buttons on M3DS Real Perfect possible?

l33t_n00b
April 18th, 2010, 10:10
Hey guys,

I love to play GBA games on my DS lite, especially old school platformers such as Donkey Kong Country and Mario.

On the GBA and normally on the DS the GBA buttons are B and A, I've always hated playing platformers that way because the buttons are not positioned good to keep B pressed (to run) and to pres A at the same time to jump. Something that they got right on the Super Nintendo, but for some reason changed it.

Is it possible to map the "b" button to the Y button and the "a" button to the B button on the M3DS real?

My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Regards,

l33t_n00b

oafan
April 26th, 2010, 22:32
afaik, this isn't possible

takapa76
August 21st, 2010, 11:58
Hey guys,

I love to play GBA games on my DS lite, especially old school platformers such as Donkey Kong Country and Mario.

On the GBA and normally on the DS the GBA buttons are B and A, I've always hated playing platformers that way because the buttons are not positioned good to keep B pressed (to run) and to pres A at the same time to jump. Something that they got right on the Super Nintendo, but for some reason changed it.

Is it possible to map the "b" button to the Y button and the "a" button to the B button on the M3DS real?

My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Regards,

l33t_n00b

Can I resurrect this thread?

I guess it must be possible to patch GBA games on a case by case basis but not sure if a general algorithm could be used on a .GBA file to invert the A+B buttons.

Alternatively, theoretically (and less likely), there may be configurable mappings that can be set when switching into GBA mode.

I really love my GBA games but the A==A & B==B mappings are really silly when A+B are inverted on the DS.

At the minimum, patching a GBA ROM to switch A+B must be possible right?