PDA

View Full Version : DSAIM 0.01e (aim for DS)

wraggster
July 29th, 2006, 11:30
Primetime00 (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=95203#95203) posted this news:

Alright,

I'm satisfied with this enough to make the first release. Make sure you read the instructions!

This version is still very limited. I've only tested it with my linksys router, and a few AIM usernames. I hope that you are able to log in. We'll see.

Anyway, let me know if it works.

Thanks for the support!
-Ryan

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

battleroyalex
July 29th, 2006, 15:38
ive been waiting for this for so long, if you think its not working after connecting press R

JKKDARK
July 29th, 2006, 16:15
Thanks, I will try.

memyselfandi
July 29th, 2006, 17:46
YES! i've wanted this!

The Hombrew Hunter
July 29th, 2006, 18:24
If only we could get Skype....

It would be sweet.

iball
July 29th, 2006, 18:29
Woah, Skype is another issue altogether.
As far as I know, the Skype protocols, functions, and source-code are NOT open-sourced.
The Skype folks themselves would have to do it...hmm.
That might not be such a bad idea for the Skype folks to come out with a 'Skype DS' cart.

Video_freak
July 29th, 2006, 18:32
Skype on DS? now THAT would be awesome :rolleyes:

The Hombrew Hunter
July 29th, 2006, 18:40
DS just needs a program to talk to phones or something..

Video_freak
July 29th, 2006, 18:41
DS just needs a program to talk to phones or something..
you know what would be cool? if coders managed to incorporate the RAM extension in the DS web browser for their apps! it would make DS emus and such much faster

iball
July 29th, 2006, 19:03
you know what would be cool? if coders managed to incorporate the RAM extension in the DS web browser for their apps! it would make DS emus and such much faster
Why just the Opera RAM cart?
The Supercard and some other flashcarts have 32MB of RAM in them already.

pigtaru
August 5th, 2006, 06:56
Primetime00 (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=95203#95203) posted this news:

Alright,

I'm satisfied with this enough to make the first release. Make sure you read the instructions!

This version is still very limited. I've only tested it with my linksys router, and a few AIM usernames. I hope that you are able to log in. We'll see.

Anyway, let me know if it works.

Thanks for the support!
-Ryan

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Hey Ryan,

Thanks again for writing a lovely and well needed HomeBrew. I was anxious to test the application, but it did not work for me. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have tried to load both Files,
-Gui.ds.gba
-gui.nds

I even tried to change the gui.nds to .bin, and still didn't load...

Please let me know if I missed something

I"m testing this on an Nintendo DS Lite (US)
Using EZFlash4 Lite. :) HOpe to hear from you soon. Thanks.

LordArchan
August 12th, 2006, 20:00
does this work with a MAX media dock? i can't seem to get to teh login page. well it seems as if the gui loads but it doesn't do anything.

Bballerkid6
August 13th, 2006, 15:56
It's not letting me download it.

Bouldurr
August 14th, 2006, 23:36
ok i extracted it to my max media CF and now its corrupted all my data is unreadable and i cant format it help!

doctorklein
August 18th, 2006, 17:55
No "J" on keyboard only two (i's). Can you put in the full alphabet bet please, that why I cant sign on.

littleho
August 19th, 2006, 03:06
Hey Ryan,

Thanks again for writing a lovely and well needed HomeBrew. I was anxious to test the application, but it did not work for me. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have tried to load both Files,
-Gui.ds.gba
-gui.nds

I even tried to change the gui.nds to .bin, and still didn't load...

Please let me know if I missed something

I"m testing this on an Nintendo DS Lite (US)
Using EZFlash4 Lite. :) HOpe to hear from you soon. Thanks.

i too am curious if there is a fix for the ezflash4 as well :)

Talka1ot
August 19th, 2006, 04:19
Will I need any of that fatlib crap people talk about or can I just use this out of the box?

doctorklein
August 19th, 2006, 20:06
Current setup.

M3 slim sd
latest m3 firmware
ds lite

For some reason, everytime i try to connect my homebrew app, like dsaim to the wifi connection it wont connect. This is with all homebrew apps except for dsorganise. I can easily connect to Nintendo WFC games networks without a problem. I have attempted to connect on multiple access point including non encrypted networks. Games work fine, homebrew apps stall looking for access point. Does anyone have a solution, im desperate.

Gifted1
August 19th, 2006, 22:09
Thanks. I was looking for a program like this. I hope it works but from the looks of things, other people are having problems. Can you come in and address the problems please? Thanks.

orangedrink
August 21st, 2006, 00:09
works perfectly for me! i just had to change my router settings for ssid broadcast. since i had it off. other than that it works like a charm. it could use a better gui though. something more like beup. but still a great program nontheless

Talka1ot
August 21st, 2006, 03:41
works perfectly for me! i just had to change my router settings for ssid broadcast. since i had it off. other than that it works like a charm. it could use a better gui though. something more like beup. but still a great program nontheless

How might I do that, I checked my linksys 192.168.1.1 settings and found nothing about turning SSID on

Hmmm: nevermind I found it. It's enabled, but I still can't log on. How am I supposed to patch it then?

doctorklein
August 21st, 2006, 20:51
Still can't connect, I am broadcasting ssid, 128 bit ecryption is enabled, wep key is correct. No firewalls, all ports are open. TX rate set to 1-2MBPS. my ip dchp is set for 10.0.20.xxx. Is there a default dhcp like 192.168 that needs to be used? I would assume it doesnt matter. So, pleeeease help me. I really want this to work.

ParaParaSatoko
August 25th, 2006, 02:18
I'm using EZ-Flash II Powerstar, SuperKey, and an Ice Blue DSLite (maybe region problems? I got it in Japan) and I can't get it to work. I get a green background on the SuperKey loading screen, which indicates a crash.

I'm using EZ Client 3.25 as my flash program with NDSLoader and PassMe2 Compatibility enabled. Any guesses as to why it's crashing?

doctorklein
August 25th, 2006, 03:13
you should've have gotten an m3 perfect bundle.

doctorklein
August 25th, 2006, 03:13
My DSaim still doesnt work, I have tried everything.

orangedrink
August 26th, 2006, 05:18
have you guys set up your wifi connection through a wifi enabled game? like mario kart or tetris?

doctorklein
August 26th, 2006, 21:06
of course, and i can easily play multiplayer wifi games no problem.

devmas
August 28th, 2006, 04:41
Hmm... in my first ever post to this forum, I'll give all the Max Media users a tip:

Rename the nds file to "bootme.nds" and then it should work fine. Otherwise, it'll not show the login screen.

Blacksand
September 1st, 2006, 20:28
I got this working great with the M3 Micro-SD and Passcard 3 on the Phat NDS Version.

xzerox
September 2nd, 2006, 00:00
I got this working on that mmd but I have too use bootme
so if someone could please converte the file to something else cause bootme is very bad thanks

Kurious
September 3rd, 2006, 02:31
mine hangs after i connect. i get all the connection text, and it says that im connected. but then it just stops. and nothing works. my setup is:

supercard lite and superkey

Tennisgy
September 4th, 2006, 18:03
This app ROCKS!
sc mini
superkey

kcajblue
September 4th, 2006, 18:52
i dont know if you guys are using DSAIM 0.01e, but there has been a new version out for a while.

LordArchan
September 18th, 2006, 02:19
i can't dl it man. the link isn't working

EDIT: so now i got the thing to load, and it tried to connect to WiFi, and yes i do have WiFi set up, but it fails to connect. help?

tondopie
September 19th, 2006, 23:12
could anybody (a) make it compatibile with MAX Media Dock or (B) tell me why it frezzes when I start it up

frontbutt
September 20th, 2006, 03:25
is there anything special i need to load it to my ds?

badam
September 20th, 2006, 03:28
have been having trouble with dsaim. I got it working only once. Should I put it in the root folder, whats going wrong?

p.s. Im using a max media dock.

dj_orta
September 28th, 2006, 00:04
i have a supercard mini sd and superkey combo and it works great for me. I had to change the dhcp on my router but other than that its good. needs a better keyboard tho. but a great first release. keep up the good work and cant wait for the nest release.

P.S. for those of you who are havin problems its prob ur router not the program. try assigning ur ds a static ip adress. thats what i had to do and it worked fine.

badam
September 28th, 2006, 00:08
How do I assign my ds to static ip address?

dj_orta
September 28th, 2006, 00:14
its in the dhcp of ur router. i have a d-link router so it may be diff for u. but the dhcp assigns whatever is connecting to the router a new ip adress everytime it connects. if u turn this feature off and make a static ip it makes it so the same ip is used everytime u connect usin ur ds. i had this prob usin beup. it alway hung tryin to get the router to give it an ip adress. so just make a static one and ur router sets that ip aside for only ur ds.

EcchiZen
October 5th, 2006, 04:59
a. It runs fine if you rename it as bootme.nds in the root directory.
b. Because it does.

could anybody (a) make it compatibile with MAX Media Dock or (B) tell me why it frezzes when I start it up

Keile
October 14th, 2006, 01:30
That sucks...cause if it is a bootme.nds then you cant exit out of it and go back to the main MMD screen.

alpha01
October 22nd, 2006, 06:56
works perfect with SCLite, just please fix the OSK to make the button presses more noticeable. Thanks for your hard work.

RadicalAce39
November 5th, 2006, 05:22
is there a way to view your buddies without them havim to IM u?

Jrad13
November 11th, 2006, 22:39
how do u get aim on ur ds

cloud_952
November 12th, 2006, 17:57
You read the instructions and install the file provided on this site. =D

Silly.

slazman999
December 11th, 2006, 03:21
hey it worked the first day i ever tryed it then i tured off my ds to close the program and now any time i try to start the program again it just shows up wit the keyboard and a blank im box on the top screen...idk what to do...i have tryed to delete the program and reinstall it back onto the cartradge

grodriguez
December 18th, 2006, 23:29
is there a MMD version of DS AIM?

Zengapants
December 19th, 2006, 16:10
Hey, I'm using ezlite4 delux and tried loading the program both through the loader and just dragging and dropping the files. With the loader, I try loading the .nds file and both screens turn white and just hang (as in freezes), without the loader i try loading the .nds file and my ds just freezes there. has anyone gotten this to work on an ezlite4? or am I just doing something wrong?, and please don't tell me its a connection problem because I an very broadband savvy and know thats not the problem

dark cloud 9
January 10th, 2007, 21:33
how are you supposed to get that onto your ds??? it says its not a valid file.

superflanker
January 14th, 2007, 03:20
whitch part of the mmd is the root directory

toymin80r
January 14th, 2007, 14:01
^^^ Its the place whenever you first open up the MMD folder from the PC, the same place where the Games, Apps, Audio, and Moonshell folders are. But just so you know, i cant seem to get this to work, although it does run when you reset the clock on the ds to 0:00

Wickidest
February 5th, 2007, 20:49
zip file was corrupt
whats up w/ that?

Kamron
February 12th, 2007, 01:17
zip file was corrupt
whats up w/ that?

Siad the same for me

Kiwiclx
February 12th, 2007, 04:38
The latest version is 0.02e and can be downloaded here (http://www.ryankegel.com/download.php?dsaim=1).

Bigmojoj27
February 20th, 2007, 18:51
So I downloaded it and it seems to get stuck at "acquiring IP". In WFC, everything connects and is setup properly, but i can't seem to get DSAIM to connect for some reason. Anyone else getting this problem?

EDIT - So i manually edited my connection info and it seems to work, but then kicks me off shortly after it's "logged in". Then after that, it says i can't connect to the server.

highheat187
February 21st, 2007, 22:23
im having the same trouble and i really want to try this program out

z4ch
February 22nd, 2007, 04:43
awesome! love it.

thanks you:)

travman242
March 14th, 2007, 20:51
Sorry if I seem stupid, but how do I get this onto ,my ds. I would also like to know if it's compatable with the nintendo usb wifi adapter.

DanTheManMS
March 14th, 2007, 21:33
You have to buy homebrew equipment to store the file on. Also, you'd have to modify the Nintendo USB adapter drivers to turn it into a SoftAP that homebrew can connect to.

GReddy
March 14th, 2007, 22:20
are there any routers that it cant connect with? or could someone tell me how to set up the router? i have a linksys and it goes to "authorizing wireless connection" or sometihng like that then takes forever, then fails connection

ive got it to work in 2 places which are kinda commercial places such as church and school, i know one of them is a d-link, any other places i try it fails to connect - such as linksys routers mostly

Tegamal
March 15th, 2007, 03:46
So I downloaded it and it seems to get stuck at "acquiring IP". In WFC, everything connects and is setup properly, but i can't seem to get DSAIM to connect for some reason. Anyone else getting this problem?

EDIT - So i manually edited my connection info and it seems to work, but then kicks me off shortly after it's "logged in". Then after that, it says i can't connect to the server.

I am having the same issues. I use the M3 Simply & can't get past Searching for WIFI. My friend has an R4 & no issues.

I manually edited my connection settings, with no change in results.

I also tried at the local McDonald's, can connect & play games, but not this, so I know it's not my home network.

I've tried 0.01e & 0.02e, any suggestions?

xdre3
March 16th, 2007, 01:22
all apps and games wont connect. i even went into DOS and checked my settings. i changed my DS settings via mario kart but nothing connects help please

Tegamal
March 16th, 2007, 04:08
Ok, got a new question for this.

I just downloaded DS Weather (which works fine for my friend), & it will also not connect to wifi. So it seems like all Homebrew apps will not connect for me, yet all games connect without incident.

I have heard that newer DS systems have a newer firmware version of Wifi. I've not seen anything official stating this, but it would clear up a few things seeing how my friend got his DS Lite the first day they were released & I got mine the first week of February.

Is this possible? Could this be what our problem is? And if so, is there a way to correct it?

Another question about DS Weather: I DLDI patched it, but it still gives me the FAT error when I try to save my profile. Any ideas?

DanTheManMS
March 17th, 2007, 01:07
Newer DSLites do indeed have newer Wifi chips. The best thing you can do is talk to the makers of the homebrew and ask that they recompile with the newer DS Wifi library that fixes the issue.

Tegamal
March 17th, 2007, 12:24
Ok, I actually got my homebrew to work on my DS by changing the trasmitting channel of my router from 1 to 10.

This stilll may pose a problem at the local McDonald's, though, seeing as how I cannot change their settings, but I'll try it on lunch today & post my results tonight after I get home.

OH! One last thing, I figured out what I was doing wrong with DS Weather. I forgot to put it in it's own folder.

Nin10dude
March 18th, 2007, 05:22
I can connect to my access point, but I always get an error on "acquiring IP." I'm not sure what to do--I'm using a Linksys WRT54G if that's any help.

Tegamal
March 18th, 2007, 16:45
That's the same router I use.

I've heard people say they've had better luck with manually entering their connection settings, but I did it auto without issue.

Like I said, make sure you don't use it on channel 6, because it is the default & seems to give more issues than anything else.

Try Channel 10, it worked for me.

Nin10dude
March 18th, 2007, 19:45
Nope, that didn't work. :( Although, it did seem to get to the acquiring IP screen sooner on channel 10, it still won't go past it.

zubin3333
April 16th, 2007, 07:06
Wow actually works

KFM
May 29th, 2007, 00:08
Well, hate to make my first post a problem, but it gets through everything, and even signs on, but freezes right after.

The account signs on, I checked it on my notebook, but I can't do anything on the DS itself.

Sebulous
June 3rd, 2007, 12:24
I Can't get past searching for Wifi. I can connect to wifi with any other game, but I can not with DSaim. I use the Nintendo Wifi USB dongle, original DS system, and R4.

DanTheManMS
June 3rd, 2007, 20:23
You have to install modified drivers to turn the Wifi stick into a softAP before you can use it with homebrew. See http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10320 for details.

Negg
July 1st, 2007, 02:24
How do I do it ?

error101290
July 1st, 2007, 15:56
do what exactly

spiderobert
August 5th, 2007, 02:11
i cant get it to work, it just goes to the screen with the keyboard on the bottom and the text box on the top, and then it freezes and the login box never pops up *sigh* it also does this with a few other apps :C

spiderobert
August 5th, 2007, 02:19
sorry i looked through all the posts and found that you had a newer version, and that works :) im using...

Nintendo DS (normal mode im pretty sure) :P
m3 simply (sd)
SanDisk 2gb sd card

NFreak
August 7th, 2007, 14:29
I'm having an issue, too. I log in, it connects, but then it freezes on the screen with the text boxes and the keyboard. No text in the boxes.

burpyierz
August 15th, 2007, 07:21
not updated yet ?

KaliKot
August 16th, 2007, 12:58
needs yahoo messenger for ds :(

burpyierz
August 16th, 2007, 22:11
DSAIM 0.01e doesnt work on my supercard ds one only the last release works

malibusurfer93
August 19th, 2007, 08:05
how do i download it? and do i do it from my computer or my ds?:confused:

Buttertoast45
August 19th, 2007, 08:09
I know a lot of people that use AIM i'll tell them about this

smartbabe123
August 23rd, 2007, 23:42
why does it say its corrupted?

smartbabe123
August 23rd, 2007, 23:43
wahh it says its corrupted!!!

DvdXploitr
September 7th, 2007, 03:18
I think it'd be cool if cellphones and DS could sync via Bluetooth and use an onscreen keyboard for Text or e-mail, since the DS has a good range on bluetooth, it would be cool for those people like me that have a Razr or other cellphone that doesn't have on-screen keyboards.

tylertech
February 12th, 2008, 23:01
Its not working for me :( hopefully ill get it working

ChaoticanarchyX
February 13th, 2008, 00:33
im using the newer DS AIM 0.03e and i know in that version you have two diffrent start icons

DSAIM.nds
and
DSAIM_nostore.ds

I use a max media launcher with the media dock, with the 1.22 bootme version, I've noticed that i have to use the nostore in order for it to work. And make sure the file folder is in the root (very first screen with the files,) and have all the files in that folder.
Hope that helps anyone

berry05
May 1st, 2008, 02:20
im stuck at logging into aim...