PDA

View Full Version : beup 0.3 Rev 2 (MSN for DS Clone)

wraggster
July 29th, 2006, 11:38
KevinC (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=94404#94404) has updated the MSN Messenger for DS Clone, heres whats new:

New features:
- Selectable avatars from card.
- Shows typing users.
- Shows date of last message (and a clock!)
- Emoticons on display names / text.
- 302 xfer for @msn.com accounts.
- Select presence before logging in.
- Option to auto connect.
- Stand by when lid is closed.
- Scrollable text in chat tabs.

Fixes:
- Overall GUI revamping.
- Reducing socket reading delay from 500 ms to 200 ms because of a more stable wifi lib, making the overall connection speed about 2.5x faster. (reducing it further doesn't change much, most of the times sockets are empty).
- Fixed avatar sending / receiving (read incorrect session id in some cases).
- Fixed listboxes, text areas to reduce constant flicker.
- Text fields are now edited in another window, so as not to cram textboxes in the same window as the keyboard.
- Added a clearing button to text fields.
- Fixed lots of bugs related to closing windows / opening windows that caused random crashes.
- Fixed "invisible tabs" bug.
- After closing tab, previous tab is selected, instead of the contact tab.
- Fixed bug where garbage was present on some principal descriptions.
- Fixed bug where the program was likely to crash if a principal was selected and then left.
- Selectable bigger brush on Inks, bigger eraser.
- Wider color selector.
- Removed START button as logoff, replaced with a button in contact tab.
- Added check box to invert RGB subpixel alignment on top screen for DS Lites.
- Fixed Ink transmission, caused incorrect messages if resulting GIF was too big.
- Fixed keyboard inaccuracy issues (I hope).
- Added support for Caps Lock.
- Remapped buttons:
A for Accept / Update / Send / Open Tab
B for Cancel / Back
X for Close window
L, R for Move to Left tab, Right Tab
(in textbox editing, L is still backspace)
Left, Right for moving cursor left, right

Known issues:
- Beup will refuse to open downloaded avatars if their size isn't 96x96 (the standard).
- Beup will refuse to open inks if they are wider than 256 px (can't present those).
- The official MSN client will refuse to send avatars if the last one was sent less than 5 minutes ago. That means that if you chat with somebody, disconnect, and then open the tab, avatar download may fail. (wait a few minutes, then try again).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Madelin
July 29th, 2006, 12:31
Superb!

Mazza
July 29th, 2006, 13:49
Was using this earlier this morning, it's great keyboard is a gazillion times better than on 0.2 it doesn't gets letters wrong and you can tell which letter you've pressed after pressing because it becomes darker. On the old one it just glowed yellow but it was barely seeable.

JKKDARK
July 29th, 2006, 15:43
Great news, thanks ;)

iball
July 29th, 2006, 16:03
Works great for me on a Supercard mini-SD.

tker333
July 29th, 2006, 16:52
do u have to use the supercard patcher to patch this or just copy and paste in the mini sd card

iball
July 29th, 2006, 17:03
do u have to use the supercard patcher to patch this or just copy and paste in the mini sd card
No patcher needed for homebrew, just slap it on the card.

tker333
July 29th, 2006, 17:39
i keep having cannot connect to DCHP error......my wifi works fine on games though =(

Cygoku
July 29th, 2006, 19:24
Can it work with the NintendoDS USB dongle? If yes, how?

Cygoku

Junixx
July 29th, 2006, 19:26
This is a very nice update :D

Madelin
July 29th, 2006, 19:49

Cygoku

See : http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=64608#64608

Im now getting stuck on hanshaking when loading MSN. Its the third line of text when trying to connect.

/Madelin\

cloud_952
July 29th, 2006, 22:15
Have you tried getting closer to your router? I had a problem connecting with it last night until I moved closer to the router to get a better signal (there's still a signal in that part of my house, but it's much weaker). After that, it worked fine. ^_^ I'm using an M3sd.

bobdowl
July 29th, 2006, 23:06

Cygoku

See : http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=64608#64608

Im now getting stuck on hanshaking when loading MSN. Its the third line of text when trying to connect.

/Madelin\
Its the same with me! Whats that Handshake
followed by "Lost contact to server, disconecting" and thos comes after 5 minutes
doesnt work for me again :(

PS: I still like your design and even every part of it I see ;)

Madelin
July 29th, 2006, 23:46
With wifi lib i can connect to my AP and perform a successful DNS test. However cannot use beup as it doesnt connect. Any suggestions on solving. Im using supercard SD w/passcard 3

/Madelin\

Shrinex
July 30th, 2006, 02:48
will this work with MMP?
i tried it with the 4gb HDD by Datel and it just hangs during the searching sequence... when your first run the program...

what can i do to remedy this?

Madelin
July 30th, 2006, 16:42
I solved my problem by turning on WEP on my radio. Worked fine then.

/Madelin\

Kai-Doh
July 30th, 2006, 21:03
This is so kool thx a lot, I hope there will be more updates :D

zac_531
July 30th, 2006, 21:53
How do you add avatars?

Madelin
July 30th, 2006, 23:26
at memory root create a folder called 'beup' and then a folder called 'avatar' (could be 'avatars') within it. Place 96x96pixel .png images in there.

/Madelin\

Shrinex
July 31st, 2006, 08:14
ok, i (hopefully) fixed my problem
i beleive it was the update taht Datel released that disabled it, so i just got rid of it,then Voila! it WORKS!!

it's a damn excellent program

if i did online payments, i would paypal you or something :D

Joel92
July 31st, 2006, 16:43
im using max media player. the program runs, but it cant ever find my wireless network... how come? all of my wifi games and dsmail works with my router.. is it just because im using mmp?

Shrinex
August 1st, 2006, 06:08
yea, i guess i didn't get it fixed...

i have no idea what i wrong with it... maybe it's just that it's not initializing the ARM7 correctly, causing it to hang...

i dunno... does anybody know?
it still wont let the keyboard work or get anywhere past teh "searching" proccess

yes, i am using MMP

and as for this guy above me, try using a static IP address with a static DNS...
that's what i had to do with mines when mine worked...:o

Shrinex
August 1st, 2006, 08:58
yea, i guess i didn't get it fixed...

i have no idea what i wrong with it... maybe it's just that it's not initializing the ARM7 correctly, causing it to hang...

i dunno... does anybody know?
it still wont let the keyboard work or get anywhere past teh "searching" proccess

yes, i am using MMP

and as for this guy above me, try using a static IP address with a static DNS...
that's what i had to do with mines when mine worked...:o
ok, i figured out how to make it work...

i need to set the time to 0:00...
how terrible is that??

can't complain to much about it tho, atleast it works:D

any corrections of this problem i nthe future will be greatly appreaciated:D

linkenski
August 3rd, 2006, 13:29
i am usin' MMD 1GB CF and it loads. however it seems to freeze soon as it starts. upper screen says "connecting using firmware setup: cannot connect

i have tried all 3 versions. nofat version goes directly to startscreen. while the two other makes a lot of red, green, blue and black pixels all over the screen for 5 seconds. then it goes to start screen and freezes like nofat version

pedrovay2003
August 5th, 2006, 22:19
Hey, I need some help... I'm running this on my GBAMP (Movie Player), and I can connect and log in just fine. However, I lose the connection after about 3 minutes. This isn't the only program that does it, either --- DSAIM also cuts me after about the same time. I know it's not my router or modem doing it, because this has happened in several locations. Anyone have this problem before? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

ReWinD
August 6th, 2006, 16:11
what is the zip that i have to download if i have a m3 card reader with a SD card?
the supercard one?
iball what did you download?

PD:excuse me about my bad english.. i'm spanish.. xD

iball
August 6th, 2006, 16:24
Don't know, I just used the Supercard one.

nar180
August 7th, 2006, 03:38
Thats awesome!!!:)

azncanuck92
August 7th, 2006, 05:40
Which do I download? I have EZ4Lite

AtariFreek
August 9th, 2006, 02:40
Excellent!! Now I Don't Have To Load Up My Crappy Internet MSN On PSP. Just Grap My DS, And TXT Away!

Junixx
August 9th, 2006, 05:44
Hey, I need some help... I'm running this on my GBAMP (Movie Player), and I can connect and log in just fine. However, I lose the connection after about 3 minutes. This isn't the only program that does it, either --- DSAIM also cuts me after about the same time. I know it's not my router or modem doing it, because this has happened in several locations. Anyone have this problem before? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Maybe it is somehow your DS? have you tried it on another one? I use a this on my GBAMP just fine....

zeroecho
August 10th, 2006, 14:30
I'm running a default supercard version, not patched at all, on my supercard lite with 1.63 version and it doesn't load. I just get 2 black screens when I load it. Anyone else had this problem??

I thought the new version of supercard works with most things now, like starfox works on this where it didn't on my previous miniSD supercard :-\

zeroecho
August 10th, 2006, 14:34
Nevermind, I just tried one of the other files "neat" so to speak and it works just fine. :D

zeroecho
August 10th, 2006, 15:07
at memory root create a folder called 'beup' and then a folder called 'avatar' (could be 'avatars') within it. Place 96x96pixel .png images in there.

/Madelin\

That doesn't work for me, nor does putting one in the root dir of the memory card either. Anyone else had any joy getting avatars working?

Joel92
August 10th, 2006, 23:21
u should add voice chat!!!!
that would be awesome.

for those of you who dont know, the only way you can get it running on your mmp is to set the clock to 00:00.

i love this program

Lorcan
August 11th, 2006, 10:58
Heyyy. I'm very excited about the prospect of MSN on my DS, but how do I use it? Using a flashcart?

iball
August 11th, 2006, 11:05
Yes, you need a flashcart.
Read more in these forums and use Google.

zanysmash
August 11th, 2006, 18:54
which rom should i use for a supercard lite (micro sd) ?
do i need to apply the "moomshell patch.exe" from Supercard ?

zeroecho
August 11th, 2006, 21:21
Mine works with either version except the rein one for some reason (i'm running supercard lite 1.63...) And the other two I can't get avatars/emoticons or saved password+username working, probably due to the lack of fat saving using the other 2 roms (rein is the one supposedly meant to use with SC, but that just black screens for me using supercard lite!):(

jojotjuh
August 11th, 2006, 21:29
no because lite is faster than normal supercard

use the moomshell patch for supercard lite "yes moomshell!" despite the name you have to patch every homebrew with this

pedrovay2003
August 12th, 2006, 02:00
Maybe it is somehow your DS? have you tried it on another one? I use a this on my GBAMP just fine....

No, I actually hadn't thought of that... I'm using a Japanese DS Lite, but I can connect to Wifi just fine with games like Metroid Prime: Hunters and Mario Kart DS. I'll give this a try, though, and post what happens... Thanks for the help. :)

zanysmash
August 12th, 2006, 08:10
edit : got my supercard lite yesterday, so here are the answers to my questions! :cool:

Three questions in a row! :D

(1) So, if i get it right, all homebrews have to be patched using the "mooMshell patch" in order to make them run for supercard lite ds ?

edit : only homebrews for supercard sd support the "moonshell patch" (it works with beup).

(2) What's the "moomshell patch" doing on the rom ?

edit : dunno yet...

(3) This patch can only be used over "supercard homebrews" or any homebrew version can be patched ?

edit : only scsd homebrew roms are compatible.

Thanks by advance.

dirtdigger
August 15th, 2006, 02:14
hey this thing was working for the longest time, and i can use other wifi things on my ds so.... but this beup is now hanging at the starting connection.
on 'Doing Handshake... '
anyone know what would cause this?? it was working for weeks!!!
i did update my m3 sd firmware to .24 version, maybe this caused it? but i even tried to put back the old version .22 and it didn't work still. bah

Talka1ot
August 15th, 2006, 02:39
I hate to be ignorant, but in this case I am.
Can you message people on AIM/Yahoo if you have MSN messanger, or is it MSN Messanger(Windows Live Messanger) only?

firstknight
August 15th, 2006, 14:00
jus wanna check with you guys... i face lil problem wonder anyone faces the same problem...

I have select my SSID then put the ip and gateway and submask... I press use custom... searching till dead.... i got a feeling this doesnt work at all...

i use firmware it search info from DHCP.... take so long till cannot connect... now i have to go to the router and just have to press apply again cos i have made my adjustment before for my DHCP then it will be able to search info from DCHP... everytime I wanna connect I have go in the router again to press apply button... WHY?? isnt it suppose to be able to search without having to on my computer??? like other wifi enabled computer??

stefh
August 16th, 2006, 09:58
Mine keeps doing handshake on my supercard lite... Doesn't hang, I can still go back, I don't get error messages... What to do to get it further than "DOING HANDSHAKE..."

Jespertje
August 18th, 2006, 10:06
Hello, I'am a noob but does beup work with the Wifi-usb connector form nintendo?

adamo
August 20th, 2006, 09:29
hi everyone, i am a first time user here
this beup thing is sweet, i had a hard time getting it to work in the beginning, but after reading thru all the posts in this thread, i got everythign working, except one thing......avatar......

i can load up the png file, and the avatar shows up on my ndsl, but apparently, the person i am talking to cant see my avatar......anyone knows wuts going on?

I am using supercard lite, i patched the beup-rein.nds file using moomshell, put my 96X96 avatar under root->beup->avatars

thx in advance

Bonic
August 20th, 2006, 09:45
Do I have to get a DNS to use this?

vidarc
August 23rd, 2006, 19:00
It would be cool if you could use the mic ;)

laronde20
August 23rd, 2006, 19:27
Explain how to install this on my DS???

richardtan2003
August 28th, 2006, 21:05
wen i boot this on my supercard mini sd for the first time... it comes up with wifi config. What ip adress do i have to enter?? and how do i find it out? i would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this...thanks in advance

richardtan2003
August 28th, 2006, 21:49
can some one please help me??

iball
August 28th, 2006, 21:54
No one here wants to fully explain basic networking AGAIN.
Google.
And stop double-posting.

richardtan2003
August 28th, 2006, 22:27
i think its a bit unfair that u said this... i have many wifi enabled games which i have my wifi settings all set up.. ive played my wifi enabled games many times online.. i stand close to the router for extremely good reception....and when i boot the homebrew it loads and after a while it says cannot connect.... ive been seardching on google for quite a few hours and i cant find a decent faq for this that answers my question.. i think this forum is my best bet.... im just asking wat m i doing rong.. why does it say cannot connect??

Xanikseo
September 3rd, 2006, 16:26
Great. I hope it works this time :).

EDIT: Dang. Don't work, can't "authenticate". I use my Nintendo USB Connector as a SoftAP with WEP-encryption. I've set it all up on my DS Wifi Connection Settings. Does Beup still not support WEP?

SLy CaT
September 4th, 2006, 18:45
woo hoo. now that i got a new router, beup works :)

wep 128 encrypted, mac address filtered.

wrt54gl linksys router

jytwoo
September 7th, 2006, 04:42
Help Help... I am a newbie i am using NDSL + SC LITE V2.55 and after loading the BEUP all I get is to black screen what am I doing wrong or what am I missing please advise!!

hajj_3
September 10th, 2006, 13:30
im using mac address filtering on my router, how do i find out the mac address of my ds lite??

iball
September 10th, 2006, 16:59
Pop in a wi-fi enabled game and go into the wi-fi options and you'll see it in there.

Sugar_T
September 11th, 2006, 14:07
jus wanna check with you guys... i face lil problem wonder anyone faces the same problem...

I have select my SSID then put the ip and gateway and submask... I press use custom... searching till dead.... i got a feeling this doesnt work at all...

i use firmware it search info from DHCP.... take so long till cannot connect... now i have to go to the router and just have to press apply again cos i have made my adjustment before for my DHCP then it will be able to search info from DCHP... everytime I wanna connect I have go in the router again to press apply button... WHY?? isnt it suppose to be able to search without having to on my computer??? like other wifi enabled computer??

Same thing with me didnīt figured out how to fix it though! DHCP gets on my nerves!

Okay, got that figured out! In your Wi-Fi Connections you have to uncheck at "automaticly obtain ip" and put in the exact IP and all that!

Now mine stops at doing handshake!!!! After a whole period of time it says "Lost Contact to Server" Next Prob!

Need help!!! Would appreciate it!

SuperJMN
September 11th, 2006, 17:15
How can I made that the app remember the username and password??

_genki_
September 13th, 2006, 16:00
I was just amazed that something as good-lookin' and good-running as this was going to be released. you seem to know what you're doing... :)

what would be really nice though would've been support for viocechat. in that way, you wouldn't need to write on that tiny keyboard. even though the keyboard works outstanding for a virtual keyboard. DS has a microphone, and if it is possible, give it a try, it would be really something!

support webcam viewing would've been awsome as well, but it doesn't seem really necessary. ;)

bacon111
September 17th, 2006, 03:01
am i doing something wrong but everytime i use beup it seems to reformat my micro sd card. im using a supercard by the way. its just i dont want to lose all my files again by having to reformat everytime

ghostkillah
September 17th, 2006, 20:26
Hi ppl im new here. Ive been looking at the forum and there is some quality stuff !
Anyway i was wondering if someone could help me out ?
I have a nintendo DS lite with a Pass we 3, Ewin 2 Lite adapter and a 512mb micro SD card.
I was wanting to use app such as MSN on the DS but im really struggling "noob".
I have browsed for forums and just getting really confused. I read some where i have to use a moomshell patcher or something ?? Also i dont know what version of msn to download :S.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Cheers for your time people, Steve.

iball
September 17th, 2006, 21:05
I don't think it will work on the Ewin2?

ghostkillah
September 17th, 2006, 21:25
really :( ??
What do i need instead ?

ghostkillah
September 17th, 2006, 22:25
ok well tell me how u would do it normally and i`ll try that. If it doesnt work i`ll just have to buy a new adapter ??

stefh
September 20th, 2006, 16:16
Same thing with me didnīt figured out how to fix it though! DHCP gets on my nerves!

Okay, got that figured out! In your Wi-Fi Connections you have to uncheck at "automaticly obtain ip" and put in the exact IP and all that!

Now mine stops at doing handshake!!!! After a whole period of time it says "Lost Contact to Server" Next Prob!

Need help!!! Would appreciate it!

Also stuck with the same f*cking handshake problem for a long long time... Using SC Lite, file is moomshell patched, games work excellent online (original games Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters)

Can't find the solution, searched through many forums already... Isn't there somebody who can help us?

I WANT MSN ON MY DS LITE!!! NOW!!!

yozalo
September 21st, 2006, 03:10
I have a g6 lite and i downloaded it on my g6 lite. What else do i have to download. It tries to connect then it goes connection has failed. How do I network beup with my wireless router because i have a montorola.

yozalo
September 21st, 2006, 03:13
picture

TomLyncon
September 28th, 2006, 09:32
wot i need to use the msn homebrew? i cant use it! :S

akwasi
October 12th, 2006, 18:35
I GET STUCK AT THE BLOODY HANDSHAKE AS WELL.:mad:

I GOT SUPERCARD + SUPERCARD LIE + NETGEAR DG834G WIRELESS ROUTER! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG!!!:mad:

IS IT ME OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG! CAN I PLEASE HAVE SOME HELP!:mad:

Keile
October 14th, 2006, 02:05
Mine gets stuck at Handshake as well (MMD)

mlscdi
October 14th, 2006, 22:13
Hi,
I have a Supercard SD and Max Media Launcher...When I run beup it somehow doesn't detect the network. Top screen says "Connecting using firmware setup // Searching..." and bottom screen shows some text fields. I've tried entering my network details into the fields but it makes no difference.

Metroid Prime Honters and Mario Kart DS are both WiFi-configured and work perfectly.

Thanks in advance

firstknight
October 16th, 2006, 04:17
haha... the only way to counter this is to reset your router.. as in on and off.. and it works.. works for me at least...

mlscdi
October 18th, 2006, 19:43
still no luck...

Strike2999
October 23rd, 2006, 04:29
I downloaded to version of .3 beup and niether of them worked. They dont get past the "Handshake" part. This is becomeing frustrating becuase everyone says it works great and i want bad! CPU smarts said in another topic that it could be the msn server. How can i fix this?

look
October 26th, 2006, 16:59
I GET STUCK AT THE BLOODY HANDSHAKE AS WELL.:mad:

I GOT SUPERCARD + SUPERCARD LIE + NETGEAR DG834G WIRELESS ROUTER! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG!!!:mad:

IS IT ME OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG! CAN I PLEASE HAVE SOME HELP!:mad:

I have a dg834g too. not tried this yet.

Weird thing is tho. I got wfc stuff working fine. But under attached devices I never see the DS mac/IP

odd odd odd

Category
October 26th, 2006, 17:11
it works perfect on my setup, IF I can get past the DHCP...

But I found tapping randomly on the "Connect With Custom" and "Connect With Firmware" buttons rapidly seems to force it to connect to the server! From there it works fine...

Fine, except the scribble pad never sends - it says on my top screen that I sent it, but normal MSN users never recieve it...

firstknight
October 27th, 2006, 05:04
the problem exist always...

ds lite freak
October 29th, 2006, 12:12
How do you download that msn to the ds , i am a kind of new her :(

linkenski
October 29th, 2006, 15:17
you need more than just your Nintendo DS. i dont have time to give out any websites. find it yourself

NiQ
October 29th, 2006, 16:58
ive seen that there are more ppl then me that's haveing problem with the handshaking part...

im using a m3 lite with a SP enabled modded Nintendo Wifi USB adapter and all regular wifi games like mario kart ds and Tetris DS works fine.

With wifi lib i can connect to my pc but i cant do any test what so ever. And Beup 0.3 get stuck at the handshaking.

Can someone who knows about this PLEASE reply couse I have searched four forums now and wrote everywhere but noone ever answers.. im so tired of this...

Benganley
November 17th, 2006, 09:43
Hey guys,

Um i'm new and have no idea whats going on. I have a broadband connection here at home (not wireless). Now if i get a nintendo wireless dongle can i use msn (beup) on my ds? i have a supercard sd, 1gb card, superkey and know how to use them all fine. Just looking for some help to get started and how to use the wireless for it with a nintendo dongle or whateva. Can any of u link/help me plz?

thanks in advanced,

Ben

Phame
November 25th, 2006, 06:10
would it work on the new super card for ds lite

toymin80r
November 25th, 2006, 13:04
it freezes up on me after a while, i think its because of the clock in the interface. Is there any way that i can disable the clock?

Im using MMP 4GB HDD.

TheGUN
November 26th, 2006, 01:02
So... anyone got this working on a M3 lite yet?

I use a wireless router, and gets stuck at "handshaking"... anyone?

vjdewina
December 8th, 2006, 16:28
I Cant conect to WiFi it says:

Searching...
Associating...
Authenting...
Acquiring host info from DHCP...
Cannot connect.

what do i have to do?
(i have a Nintendo Ds Lite black and a supercard SD)

Miszy
December 18th, 2006, 18:52
Hi im new and ive to say my english is bad i come from Germany! =D

Now to ur Problem why u cant connect. Ive tried a whole week to make it going that homebrew :P. So now to ur Problem u need to run this Homebrew:

Ur Wlan security should be so:
WEP-Code ( dont know its name in english, just now WEP - Security or something :P ) should be at the maximum of 64 BIT. If u do 128 BIT it wont go, that was my problem on the Hole thing :P . I hope u can understand this crap ^^.

Bye

Vendetta786
December 20th, 2006, 12:07
l/#

Mr_Owen
December 27th, 2006, 11:31
It gets stuck on the handshake for me.

jester13
December 30th, 2006, 16:55
Hello. First post but how can you get passed the authentication part?

Mine goes something like this:

Connecting using firmware setup:
Searching...
Associating...
Authenticating...
Connection Failed.

I've tried the No-Fat version, Chism thing, reset my clock to zero, go close to my USB connector but nothing works.

Im using a Black DS lite [Magenta colour firmware], and an M3 lite SD.

Thanks for the help

.:roque:.
December 30th, 2006, 18:07
ok, ok i can help you i hadded all that type of problems on beup live so just tell me the details please and i will do what i can :)

jester13
December 30th, 2006, 23:16
I told you. What else do you need to know?

Makar
December 31st, 2006, 10:34
woah. can someone like make a tutorial on what to do? with like pictures cause i am soooo confused. please! someone make one! i will forever be in debt to you!

toz66
January 12th, 2007, 03:59
first time user..with a m3 simply card,

trying the nofat version,

connects ok, but like above poster, stays on handshake constantly...any ideas why??

edit....just searched forums, and obviously theres a problem with the handshaking bit,

as anybody at all who has had the handshaking problem actually got past it, and if so how, you would help a lot of folks judging by the forums.

Reefa
February 26th, 2007, 03:38
If your nintendo DS lite is very new it is the reason it doesn't work, the wifilib used when compiling beup are now out of date and newest DS lites don't work with it. Newer or recompiled DS wifi applications will and so will the wifilib test app. So if your using a new enough ds lite you'll have to hope for an update.

Meloku
February 28th, 2007, 04:50
Ok... I'm stuck at "Doing Handshake" too...

Im using NDS no-lite (the old fat one) and Supercard MiniSD with Superkey.

Also, my "router" is a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi connector modified as a standard Soft-Ap using this guide (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=64608#64608) and working in other homebrews (DSOrganize's IRC client, Voicechat DS, etc...)

seeya!

Juicebox
February 28th, 2007, 15:30
My computers MSN is wierd so i have decided to get it on my DS. I have G6 Flashcard and i wonder if it will work and what files i should download.

krazykanuck
March 3rd, 2007, 17:27
I need some help...

I have the R4 card and cannot seem to connect w/beup.

I've reset the clock to 00:00 and at the "Acquiring DHCP settings" it fails...

help...

Hansie
March 3rd, 2007, 19:57
Open any game, reset to the card menu. (do not turn the power off) Now run beup.

krazykanuck
March 4th, 2007, 00:06
Thanks. I'm now stuck with at the handshake issue that seems to be problem with the newer NDS Lites.

jordanferguson14
March 10th, 2007, 01:23
i cant get mine to work

jordanferguson14
March 10th, 2007, 18:26
how do you use it?

Matroix
March 15th, 2007, 21:42
When I try to save it I cant open the file ? any help

qingshun
March 20th, 2007, 03:38
If your nintendo DS lite is very new it is the reason it doesn't work, the wifilib used when compiling beup are now out of date and newest DS lites don't work with it. Newer or recompiled DS wifi applications will and so will the wifilib test app. So if your using a new enough ds lite you'll have to hope for an update.

Do you have any idea if there is such an update available ? And what is the version of DS that this app would support?Would appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

bihero
March 20th, 2007, 10:34
im stuckin with the hand shake, the DSdoesn't want to release the hand, joking,
how to fix this?
that is with the no fat one
witht he Beup Rein ( supercard) when i open it, it go dark, then stay there, nth change

jmdhave
March 20th, 2007, 16:06
I am also blocked at the doing handshake procedure

I possessed the old version of DS with a super card SD and super key

Please, answer

Thank you very much In Advance

Flargle
April 15th, 2007, 12:38
Using M3 Simply, fatlib version, WiFi works fine with router for games, DS Lite is several months old and six inches away from the router, but I also get several minutes of handshaking followed by "Lost contact to server, disconnecting". Nofatlib version fails at "Acquiring host from DHCP".

elgoog
April 16th, 2007, 11:00
darn mine doesnt work, gets ssl error ALL THE TIME, normal wifi works fine with other games, hmm... Im using supercard sd and old versions of beup worked fine, so what is the problem grrr....

DAAHLiiNGG
April 17th, 2007, 02:35
Okay, I wanna know! Is downloading Beup and the card and to view the attachment things FREE? Because I tried to open a file and I just wanna know if I bought it or if it may have viruses! And is there any equipment I need for Beup that I have to buy?!

DanTheManMS
April 17th, 2007, 02:43
Guys, Microsoft changed the ssl code, so it's been broken for ALL users for the past few days. Wait for an update.

Buddy4point0
April 17th, 2007, 03:53
yep lol

.:12inch:.
April 21st, 2007, 12:09
this is getting rediculous. i have a ds lite, with an r4 card in it (2 gig micro sd) and no matter what i do it wont work. i have correct everything ( ie: wep, ip, gateway etc..) it works fine for wifi games such as mariokart, but when it is loading settings off of firmware, it just sais cannot connect. why is that? ive tried every update and every version avaliable. help!!

michael1384
April 21st, 2007, 15:27
Ok. I'll have to watch this thread... Hope there's a solution soon.

pottsynz
May 13th, 2007, 01:17
Any news yet?

DanTheManMS
May 13th, 2007, 06:34
Yeah, there's been an updated version released that temporarily fixes the problem. I'm not sure exactly where to find it though, as I don't have a link handy.

pottsynz
May 15th, 2007, 02:50
Yeah, there's been an updated version released that temporarily fixes the problem. I'm not sure exactly where to find it though, as I don't have a link handy.

Found one.

http://www.digitalfractions.net/package.html?id=1

MasterMan
May 15th, 2007, 03:13
Found one.

http://www.digitalfractions.net/package.html?id=1

That one doesn't work here.
SCCF with Datel Wi-Fi Max, well configured and working for games and other homebrews.
SSL error when authenticating.

DeepHexCloud
May 23rd, 2007, 19:56
Hey, I'm using an R4 in my new Lite, and I was wondering if there's any way of getting this to work? It goes as far as Authenticating, then it says it cannot connect. I'd really appreciate the help, thanks in advance. Bear in mind all my Wifi games work fine.

erito24
May 24th, 2007, 00:04
can it work with the usb dongle?????

erito24
May 24th, 2007, 00:07
Hey, I'm using an R4 in my new Lite, and I was wondering if there's any way of getting this to work? It goes as far as Authenticating, then it says it cannot connect. I'd really appreciate the help, thanks in advance. Bear in mind all my Wifi games work fine.

I have the m3 ds simply and im wondering the same question but are u using the usb dongle?

Skill
May 24th, 2007, 04:04

I got an R4 and a Lite, and managed to get it working.

First makesure you got the patched version.

Can you connect to your router?

What usually the case with mine is that the autho connect (DCHP) thingy does not work.

I usually press the SSID look for my router name. Click that and enter the IP adress manually and it connects.

If your problem is with connecting to the "messenger server" than you need to download the final version. Make sure it is patched for the R4 also.

You should able to connect, I did.

DeepHexCloud
May 24th, 2007, 15:35
Thanks Skill, where can I get the patched version? I tried patching it myself but I couldn't get it to work, so if there's anywhere I can download it could you let me know? Thanks.

beckyl99
May 27th, 2007, 13:00
why wont it connect?
is there something ive done wrong?
x

toymin80r
May 29th, 2007, 03:04
like i posted on the other thread, what card are you using?

autibronze
May 29th, 2007, 19:11
im using max media player. the program runs, but it cant ever find my wireless network... how come? all of my wifi games and dsmail works with my router.. is it just because im using mmp?

i hav da same [problem pls help :(

beckyl99
June 1st, 2007, 16:58
im using the R4. and im like 14, and i havent got a clue abou computers and stuff.
can someone tell me how to do it in steps?
please? :/
x

Skill
June 2nd, 2007, 00:55
Here is a tip try using a static IP adress.

Static I.P adress meaning manually inputting your Wifi setting in a official game.

This would help with connection problem greatly.

Dyson
June 2nd, 2007, 03:24
Unfortunately it gets stuck on Handshaking. Am I doing something wrong? Using an M3 Simply, other Wifi Homebrew apps work fine, DLDI patch was attempted but failed as it was un-needed apparantly.

All I need if the file, right? Which one? etc.

Cheers.

Edit: 0.3e works fine, the revision however, doesn't.

aaaa.bbbb
June 17th, 2007, 18:13

aaaa.bbbb
June 17th, 2007, 18:20
http://hi man

mr_pablo
June 18th, 2007, 01:06
ok, im using a DS Lite (new to me, was 2nd hand, not sure on actual age) with a R4DS.

Got the new revision of Beup (using the Supercard version). Wifi games work fine.

Run Beup, firmware setting get just past DCHP with Cannot Connect.

Ive tried stopping the firmware settings, then using custom ones, inputting an IP address not in use on my router (192.168.0.15) Gateway set to 192.168.0.1 and Subnet set to 255.255.255.0

After i click ok, Beup just hangs. I cannot click the Use Custom button.

at a total loss on how to get it to work now.

p.s. sorry, slight correction, it only hangs sometimes, esp. when i run a game then reset to the card menu and run Beup again. otherwise, when i use custom settings and the program doesnt hang, it gets stuck on "searching" forever.

Abbykins
June 23rd, 2007, 06:01
How do i download it?

XDelusion
June 23rd, 2007, 08:01
I've had no bad experiences with this at all! :)

mr_pablo
June 23rd, 2007, 08:44
How do i download it?

your kidding right?

the file is attached to the first post.....

josh_580
July 14th, 2007, 20:23
when i try and use it with my R4 it says it cannot connect
can anyone help please?

lil-devil
July 16th, 2007, 03:31
when i try and use it with my R4 it says it cannot connect
can anyone help please?

can your router connect w/ other games?
if not:theres your problem

If so:
is your ds new? around 2-3 month
if so: theres your problem
new ds has a new wifi chip which screws a lota wifi apps
if not: i don't know ^^

hope it helps

Cloud3636
July 20th, 2007, 01:27
how come i can't unzip the files? i dont get it.. ><
do i have to download all 3 files?????

jasonchewy
July 20th, 2007, 19:40
yea, I have a new ds lite with r4, and I have yet to get any homebrew rom's wifi to work, the most I got was a list of APs (and with luck my own ap might appear).
None of those whatever ds lite wifi patch worked.

Anyone know if this will be fixed in the future?

Updated wifi_lib or something?

jasonchewy
July 21st, 2007, 06:40
After lots of google search, I found a comment made by some guy that gave a solution that worked for me.
I changed my wifi channel to channel 10, and magically everything just worked.
not really sure if that will be helpful at all when you're not at home using an AP where you can't just change the channel for...but heck at least it works at home.

d_smush
July 21st, 2007, 20:25
Hi my friend got his beup 0.3e to work at my house using my R4 card when he taps SSID on the wifi config it comes up with my router whereas when I try it on my Lite theres no routers

Some possible useful info:
I am using a DS lite
Its white
and got it for xmas 2006

My friend who can find my router has a normal DS

jasonchewy
July 21st, 2007, 22:40
it's been said in different places I've read on the internet that the more recent batch of ds lite has its wifi thing updated so things don't work, exactly when was this update done, I'm not sure, couldn't find any kind of official info on this.

but for sure I'm one of those people with the newer ds as I just gotten mine weeks ago, and I've gotten it to work by changing the wifi channel to 10 (why 10 I dunno...it just works....)

give that a shot and see if it'll work, if not, then go back and read other forums on wifi connection problems, cuz probably all those other common wifi connection mistakes needs to be resolved first.

d_smush
July 21st, 2007, 23:33
already have lol but guess it wont hurt to look again and i already tried that settinfg wifi to 10 thing before i posted (after reading your post above mine :) )

DarkDoraemon
July 31st, 2007, 07:15
Alright I'm having a bit of trouble so I'll try to explain what's wrong and give as much detail as I can :
I'm using a R4 with 2GB Japanese Kingston MicroSD Card on a I'm assuuming fairly new DS Lite. So I've tried to use Beup but I get to Authentication but right after waiting a while it doesn't past Authentication. I've had ZERO problems with any other WiFi games (Mario Kart, Pokemon) and I've set my IP and other stuff to auto. I've tried manually inputting the IP/DNS/etc. but when I do the DS can't seem to detect the router. (Works fine when everything is just automatic) I've tried to use Beup 0.3e and the DragonM and Rein Final versions. I've patched the 0.3e with and without patching it with DLDI, no go either way. My router is a DLink DIR-625 by the way. Thanks for the help.

genezis
July 31st, 2007, 08:14
Any new version? still under development? :confused:

ribenaboy
August 18th, 2007, 07:11
i cant get mine to work

Sizzles
August 29th, 2007, 05:55
hi i'm completely new to this. it says i can't connect. what's SSID? and all the stuff i need to input? (IP address, gateway,subnet mask)
if there's some sort of guide or write up, please link me.

floriane
November 2nd, 2007, 13:33
i don't understand anything-_-'

floriane
November 2nd, 2007, 13:37
Can someone explain to me how do you download beup?please

mayoto
March 27th, 2008, 04:17
can this program be used between two ds users? because i can chat with everyone except people on their ds. it just crashes then. =S

dualaction
May 29th, 2008, 16:57
I Need Help People!!!!
I Cannot Connect, Pressing Use Firmware Does Not Work And When I Input My Ipaddress And Other And Use Custom It Does Not Work, It Cannot Connect.
I Am Using Dstt Card With 2 Gb Microsd, Please Can Anyone Help Me

Hansie
June 2nd, 2008, 21:41
1. Download the latest version of dsorganize.
2. Patch the dsorganize.nds with the right dldi file for your card.
3. Put it on your card.
4. Download beup and patch it like you did with dsorganize.
5. Put it on your card.
6. Run dsorganize, in dsorganize run beup/
7. Everything should work now.

If this doesnt do it then i don't know how to help you guys!

Alli001
June 13th, 2008, 11:29
i am having trouble connecting to the nintendo wifi usb connector

DanTheManMS
June 14th, 2008, 01:56
The Nintendo USB Wifi stick will not work with any homebrew programs unless you install modified drivers that turn it into a SoftAP.

ubetterwork
June 30th, 2008, 15:09
I get stuck at "Doing Handshake"

If I have a secure AP (of my own and I know the PW), how can I enter the PW? It works fine for Mario Kart, other Roms and real Nintendo Carts

dualaction
July 1st, 2008, 14:15
HELP!!!
I HAVE DSTT AND IT STILL CANNOT CONNECT to wifi, there are no dldi files for dstt to patch dsorganize, but i can connect to normal beup, please i need help and it will be great if anyone can help!!!!
THanks

jaydot66
July 4th, 2008, 05:51
the previous version of beup work superb on my supercard , now that ive had to dl the new version it just doesnt work it doesnt get past "doing handshake"

PLEASE HELP :(

mayoto
July 7th, 2008, 05:31
umm... beup doesn't work anymore. it keeps saying ssl connection failed. =\ Any suggestions?

Damiano
July 7th, 2008, 11:01
look here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45927&page=16

were're trying to repare beup, help us

gamefreak1994
July 15th, 2008, 20:59
can some 1 plz help me?

i am using a DS TT (which is very similar to an R4).

My problem is that everytime i try to log in, everything goes fine...... until the part where it "verifies the authenrication". At that point it stops working and it says "SSL connection failed"!

Im really confused:confused::confused:!!!
Can some1 PLEASE help me!!!!>????!?!?!!?!!

PWings
July 15th, 2008, 22:06
can some 1 plz help me?

i am using a DS TT (which is very similar to an R4).

My problem is that everytime i try to log in, everything goes fine...... until the part where it "verifies the authenrication". At that point it stops working and it says "SSL connection failed"!

Im really confused:confused::confused:!!!
Can some1 PLEASE help me!!!!>????!?!?!!?!!

We all have that problem, it seems that some people are working to fix it.

iskoristena4
July 30th, 2008, 09:02
Hey im new to beup and i use a cyclods evolution so can some one tell me how to use all of this??? so far i tryed making a folder then putting the downloaded things in it
then yeah it all worked so i entered in my msn address and password but its taken 20 mins and still says connecting whats happening here??

laxo28
August 11th, 2008, 14:43
that is awesome

bartdoggers
August 13th, 2008, 03:37
I got the program working until it tries to connect. Then it says SSL connect failed. Authentication failed. I am right by my router. Please someone help me. I am new to this.

Damiano
August 13th, 2008, 08:32
I got the program working until it tries to connect. Then it says SSL connect failed. Authentication failed. I am right by my router. Please someone help me. I am new to this.

At the moment beup is dead

darrell26
August 13th, 2008, 21:15
Superb!

i cant get past handshake why is this:confused:

Flygon
August 15th, 2008, 11:37
I have a question.

Is there actually any alternative to Beup for MSN thats instant?

Damiano
August 15th, 2008, 21:09
I have a question.

Is there actually any alternative to Beup for MSN thats instant?

ebuddy using a web browser on your NDS, but it isn't cool than beup

evilmario666
August 22nd, 2008, 16:33
haha 'moomshell'

eadsgwdg
November 16th, 2008, 09:16
it don,t work i have an black red DS lite and a R4 chip can you help me plz

my e-mail [email protected]

Chiyou
January 3rd, 2009, 05:29
my router has a WEP key, where would i input it???

carlitx
January 3rd, 2009, 23:06
oh boy to idiotic noobs love to spam this topic without ****ing reading/ searching. This don't work! Please will a mod just lock this topic?

ChaoticanarchyX
January 3rd, 2009, 23:13
yeah i have to second that. They really should round up all Beup related threads and stick them under a new thread as DISCONTINUED so people three years later arent complaining about why it doesnt work XD

carlitx
January 4th, 2009, 03:40
Yah I'm going to Pm a mod right away and ask them to lock this and any other beup threads.

Hak
January 7th, 2009, 02:46
any code released for re-start the app project?

Dom-nom-nom-nom
March 1st, 2009, 22:15
How do you get it to work?
I've put in my SSID and IP and Gateway and Subnet
Now what?
(I'm using TTDS card if that helps)
Thanks
Dom

Flygon
March 2nd, 2009, 06:00
It cannot work.

Microsoft changed something on their end and now Beup will not work because it has not kept up.

So uh, you are screwed sorry. ><"

jwhitnall
March 17th, 2009, 18:57
Thanks Works well on a ds lite connected via wifi

Love it
Josh
<><