PDA

View Full Version : WiiMC 1.01

wraggster
April 18th, 2010, 16:57
WiiMC 1.0 released by Tantric and rodries

WiiMC (Wii Media Centre) is an open source media player for the Nintendo Wii. The GUI is powered by libwiigui.

Features
Ability to play virtually any video or audio format
DVD playback, with DVD menu support (requires IOS 202)
Picture viewer
Music player
Online media support
SD, USB 2.0, SMB, HTTP, and FTP support
Attractive libwiigui-based interface, designed with the Wii in mind

Changelog
Version 1.0.0 - April 16, 2010
Initial release
Version 1.0.1 - April 18, 2010
Fixed NTFS crashes
Fixed Navi-X search, audio files work in Navi-X now
Added Down button to switch audio stream, Up is now to switch subtitles
Added FTP port setting
Fixed potential picture viewer crashes
Fixed some pause/resume issues
Fixed some cache issues
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMC

WhizzBang
April 19th, 2010, 20:01
This looks as though it could be really great but I am still trying to get it to read DVDs. I got the IOS202 installer from the site but when I tried to use it i was told I needed DOPMii to hack some IOS's or something. Could do with a guide as I am not familiar with this IOS stuff but I know I can brick my Wii with it if I do something wrong.

The old media player can read DVDs on my Wii but it isn't as slick looking as this new one.

grin.ch
April 27th, 2010, 19:08
I've NEVER been able to get my Wii to read DVDs. :( I'm on 4.2u w/ all custom isos, including cios rev 19, cios222, 223, 249 and I think 250. Sucks b/c I've tried MPlayer CE and I got nothing.

djdynamite123
April 28th, 2010, 06:37
I've NEVER been able to get my Wii to read DVDs. :( I'm on 4.2u w/ all custom isos, including cios rev 19, cios222, 223, 249 and I think 250. Sucks b/c I've tried MPlayer CE and I got nothing.Maybe you have the drive which doesn't allow them to be read?
Or you don't have DVDx or IOS202 installed.

WhizzBang
April 29th, 2010, 20:26
Does anyone here have any advice on how to install IOS202? The installer app does not work for me - it gives me the message 'Error. Could not find a vulnerable IOS! Run DOP-Mii or Trucha Bug Restorer to install one.'

I can find no readme or docs on DOP Mii so do not know how to use it. The Wiibrew wiki states loads of things that DOP Mii can do but does not give any help on how to use it.