PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing: Wild World is now Mario-Themed, and Looking Oh-So-Good on the DS Lit

wraggster
July 29th, 2006, 11:44
News from Nintendo (http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=obY62L-i28m6USpAUcqvHLxOwbPZZcZY)

OK, I have to admit I'd put away my Animal Crossing: Wild World for a little while. I adore this game, so I knew I'd get back to it eventually. Along came the lighter, brighter Nintendo DS Lite and I finally picked it up again. Let me just say, the DS Lite totally rocks!

I've completely rediscovered Animal Crossing: Wild World on the DS Lite, and just in time too… did you know that all this week at Toys "R" Us you can get 6 different Mario-themed items for your house? It's almost overwhelming how cool these items are! Click here for more info.

I grabbed my game and DS, hustled on down to my local Toys "R" Us and before I knew it I got my first item – Starman! No way was I gonna settle for just 1 item, I wanted all 6 right away, but I also couldn't wait to see what the shiny, yellow star looked like in my house.

You can't tell from this screenshot, but it plays Mario's invincibility music. Now my house has Mario music. So awesome!

I stayed at Toys R Us until I got all 6 items, and boy was it worth it (I even got some items twice). I couldn't wait to redecorate. I sold some furniture, moved some items and put in a diner floor, which, if you ask me, is the perfect flooring to showcase the Mario items.

Here's what I think of all 6 items:

Green Pipe – now I control the piranha plant [mwa-ha-ha].
Flagpole – touch it and the flag slides up and down. Sweet!
1-up Mushroom – I can get all the 1-up's I want. I can't seem to stop, it's so easy and so satisfying: touch, 1-up, touch, 1-up, touch, 1-up …
Starman – flashes and plays that funky invincibility music.
Fire bar – how cool to have that awesome castle sound in my house!
? Box – it's yellow, it's brown, it's yellow, it's brown. Touch it and it makes cool sounds.
Now it's time to hook up to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to share my extra Mario items with my friends!

Ani-Monster
July 29th, 2006, 21:58
Actually theres more than that, they can only be obtained through hacking tho.

heres complete list:

these can be obtained regularly in the game:

triforce (when activated plays music and spins)
master sword (when activated plays music)
arwing (plays a sound when activated)
nintendo bench (a bench that says nintendo on it)
metroid (very rare guliver item)

these ones could only be obtained through hacking when i was last playing the game, many have been given away from nintendo i belive.

Green Pipe (when activated piranah plant goes up and down)
Flagpole (when activated flag goes upa and down)
1-up Mushroom (activate for a 1-up)
Starman (continuously plays music)
Fire bar (continuously spins and plays muci
? Box (plays piranah plant growth sound when activaed)
super mushroom (plays mario growth sound when activated)
f-zero (turn on and off, flys in place and plays sound when started)
koopa shell (plays shell sound when activated)
coin (when activated, plays coin sound)
canon (fire bullet bill when activated)
brick block (like a desk, dosnt do anything)
fire flower (plays mario fire shooting sound when activated)
pikmin (jiggles and says "pikmin" when activated)

i have them all, if u wanna see my house, pm me.