PDA

View Full Version : Peter Molyneux: 'Natal is challenging because it's so different'

wraggster
April 19th, 2010, 18:25
Lionhead chief Peter Molyneux, overseeing development of Fable III, has told OXM that Natal is challenging "because it's so different."

Molyneux makes the confession when interviewed by OXM for Inside Xbox UK, which is now available to watch via your Xbox 360's dashboard.

"For me, Natal is challenging because it's so different," Molyneux explains. "It's very, very different to any input other mechanism the world has even seen before because there isn't any buttons and that's both its strength and its big challenge. So when you've got a game like Fable, there is an enormous number of things we can do with Natal.

"But what I didn't want, I wanted for you to feel like you were part of the world. I didn't want you to go off and play some mini-game totally outside the world of Fable. I wanted you to feel like Natal was integrated into the world, if you like. It enhances the world, if you like. It's going to be integrated in so it has a purpose, and it gives you something, and there's a reason to do it."

Given what Molyneux has said, how do you think Natal will be integrated into Fable III?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=243358?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS