PDA

View Full Version : PSP Gamepad for pc 1.0

wraggster
July 29th, 2006, 12:59
RacerS has released PSP Gamepad for PC, heres the info:

*What is it?
Play games on your pc via psp and a wifi router.

*Notes
This is my first tool for psp.. so please don't be harsh on me. I saw that there was another tool that utilizes PPjoy, but if you don't fancy installing 3rd party drivers on your pc this is a good alternative. Unfortunately the analog stick isn't working yet.

I've also included all the sources for those who are interested. The windows application was coded with VB6. If you see an error about MSWINSCK.OCX I've put a copy in the src folder, move it to the same folder as the exe.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via racers (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=888417&postcount=1)

Video_freak
July 29th, 2006, 13:00
homebrew apps are getting more and more creative. i cant find my old pc gmepad, so i cn just use my psp :) thank you RacerS

D0N
July 29th, 2006, 13:49
Nice work RacerS! Now I don't have to get a joypad for my PC! :D

doggy
July 29th, 2006, 14:01
now my psp firmware is 2.80 so dont think i cant use this :(

Video_freak
July 29th, 2006, 14:08
no u cant (for now :))

speculate
July 29th, 2006, 15:03
This has to be one of the neatest and handy'est piece of Homebrew. Great stuff mate, thanks :)

Harshboy
July 29th, 2006, 15:58
Very useful for people that dont want a giant bulky controller with only a few buttons.

Kramer
July 29th, 2006, 16:04
i wish i had a wifi router so i could use this maybe ill get one for my b-day does anyone know if wifi max is any good because i dont want to get an expensive router

Harshboy
July 29th, 2006, 16:13
No! It wont work. Heres a pic of the error (Im on XP skinned like Vista:p )

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Error.png

cartmandude14
July 29th, 2006, 16:30
No! It wont work. Heres a pic of the error (Im on XP skinned like Vista:p )

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Error.png

put the mswinsck.osx file from the source folder in C:\windows\system\
now go to start then run and tyoe this
REGSVR32 mswinsck.ocx

now try to run it again and it should work!

mcvader
July 29th, 2006, 17:09
interesting stuff but I'm waiting for a joypad program that works over usb, stuck with dial-up so no point in a router, might get a wi-fi max tho

Emeriastone
July 29th, 2006, 17:21
This app is fantastic!

\/oid
July 29th, 2006, 18:00
Im very impressed with this app!Since the source was included i'm guesing it would be ok if i modded the code a bit?and give the auther ALL the credit he deserves??i'm busy adding mouse support and letting the user choose the mapped buttons..if i may i will release the code or if not will enjoy it for my self:)

anyway back to coding and thanx for the grate app..

Video_freak
July 29th, 2006, 18:35
i wish i had a wifi router so i could use this maybe ill get one for my b-day does anyone know if wifi max is any good because i dont want to get an expensive router
i bought my wifi b router for like $10 at bestbuy (thanksgiving sales :))

mavsman4457
July 29th, 2006, 19:29
This app is absolutely sweet. I have been looking for this type of app for a while and knew that it was just a matter of time before it was a reality. It would be great if you could get usb support for those people that don't have routers and I think you need to increase the reaction speed a little bit. Thank you for the great program.

Kramer
July 29th, 2006, 19:36
hmm yeah im gonna look around for a cheap router dont want to buy stuff online it's too much hassle.

mavsman4457
July 30th, 2006, 00:21
Has anyone tried the other app like this? I will try it out later and report about it.

\/oid
July 30th, 2006, 09:44
it works a bit better..but you need to install ppjoy(extra software).there is a boat load of stuff you need to configger..but if you are done you will have a sweet psp-gamepad....the only thing that is lackking is the fact that its only a gamecontroler.where as the app in this thread can be both that and a way to navigate windows(well at least when im done recoding the original app;))

mavsman4457
July 30th, 2006, 17:13
I tried installig the other app and my cmd prompt just closes right away when I open the exe file. The guy said that something is wrong if you did that but never said what the problem could be.

\/oid
July 30th, 2006, 17:57
I tried installig the other app and my cmd prompt just closes right away when I open the exe file. The guy said that something is wrong if you did that but never said what the problem could be.

Not realy the right thread to be talking about the other app but if your cmd window keeps closing it means that a incorect joystick is selected.The guys step 5 is a bit crappy..go to control panel open paralel port joysticks click add now instead of just clicking add again select virtual in the paralel port dropdown then follow the readme's steps.the socketTest cmd window will hopefully stay open now...

Aussie_legend
September 21st, 2006, 06:21
hey just wounding is there any way to make it work with usb without having to use wireless

pibs
September 21st, 2006, 08:44
so i can use this as a controller for my emu's on my pc?

pt9087
September 21st, 2006, 13:30
Ok, i would like someone to reply to this.
2 weeks ago i got this thing to work, then im trying it now and it wont get passed the screen that says "waiting for WLAN init and determing IP address" iv tried alot of things changing the ip on the .cfg and even starting from scatch. help plz.

hotforbatgirl
September 29th, 2006, 22:50
I keep getting an "error: no script file found. Press start to restart" error...

I have followed the instructions to the letter so much that I swear I have them memorized, and have re-installed everything multiple times, including the "REGSVR32 mswinsck.ocx" instructions. My psp's ip address is XXX.XXX.X.97, and my PC's is XXX.XXX.X.64, which I set the index file to reflect.

Little help? Much appreciated.

SINIStER
September 29th, 2006, 23:38

You can get BELKIN router for about $40, they arent the best but thet are not that bad either.

This is a great app for us cheap *******s that dont want to get a pad for the pc lol

SINIStER
September 29th, 2006, 23:41

Well you can get a BELKIN router for about $40, they arent the best but they arent that bad either.
Like they say, You get what you pay for.

This is a great app for us cheap *******s that dont want to pay for a pc pad lol

snear
February 26th, 2007, 14:07
Hi I cannot get this to work

just says connecting to connection 1

Do you have to add a port on applications & gaming?

any help appreciatted

I'm using a linksys router & 3.10 oec...

steve-b
February 26th, 2007, 14:13
is this program any better than wifi controller?

I've been using that and it rocks. I get the odd delay glitch though

carlitx
February 26th, 2007, 14:48
nice testing now:P

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2007, 14:55
this is good cause i just broke my gamepad (all three of them) the analog stick always goes up for some reason and i cant get it fixed

fonkfader
August 8th, 2008, 23:14
netlib 2.0 won't work on my psp slim ! :(

carlitx
August 9th, 2008, 00:52
I like it :)

JackMerrik
November 24th, 2008, 09:38
I just got it!!! Awesome job

bacalacadaca
November 25th, 2008, 02:13
it just stays on the "using first connection" text