PDA

View Full Version : DaedalusX64 Alpha Rev 485

wraggster
April 20th, 2010, 19:02
The coders of the Daedalus project (http://forums.daedalusx64.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2261) have released a new version of their Nintendo 64 emulator for the PlayStation Portable, DaedalusX64.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4420/icon0k.png

Changelog:

[!] Rewrote R4300_SetSR ( Tom and Jerry, Extreme-G XG2, Powerpuff Girls and other games boot now !)
[!] Fixed misaligned in C0_SR ( Fixes camara to be zoomed in too far in Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98)
[~] Got rid off all CHECK_R0s in our R400 core....phhheww
[+] kernelbuttons.prx is built in proper location (froggyman)
[!] Updated debug pif tools, it compiles now against Dx64 source, also define was moved to config file for easy usage.
[~] Small code clean up..

pkmaximum
April 20th, 2010, 19:23
Not that I don't appreciate the emulator being updated all the time. I'm starting to see Exophase's POV of why is there a release over every small little update that comes to be? That doesn't bother me none the less though. My real statement to post is, is there really anything being updated with this emulator, I see chanelogs all the time; to be honest I haven't noticed any difference in speeds, graphics with this emulator in a long time.

mike_jmg
April 20th, 2010, 22:44
yup, what he ^ said

NeoXCS
April 21st, 2010, 03:32
Ever try running the games mentioned in the updates? You'll see some new boots and some slight changes in those bugs that plague those games. The speed change may only be 1 - 3fps total over time but these revisions are always happening in the background. It's a privilege to get to try them as they are changing. It might not be super exciting or the "big change" you dream of, but at least there is work being done.

pkmaximum
April 21st, 2010, 05:00
Like I said I very much do appreciate it. I'm just wondering is there hope for a speed increase on this emulator? I mean I think that's what most people are wishing for.