PDA

View Full Version : Support the Xbox360 Petition

wraggster
July 30th, 2006, 10:21
Want to get a longer warranty on your Xbox360, then sign up, heres the details:

To: Microsoft Corporation
We the undersign believe that the MICROSOFT CORPORATION needs to revise the current length of warranty on the XBOX360 videogame system. At the present time XBOX360 owners within the United States of America are only protected by a three(3) month warranty period through the manufacturer(Microsoft). This length of time is not sufficient. The minimum warranty period should be one(1) year for all systems.

Our backing for this claim comes after large numbers of consumers who purchased systems, are now experiencing defects with the product. These defects cause the product to become un-operational. The company (MICROSOFT) has only been replacing system up to 3 months old with either a)new systems, or b) “refurbished” systems. After the 3 month period consumers are expected to pay between fifty(50) and One Hundred and Twenty-Nine(129) dollars for repairs. This warranty is outrageous, and is in place to protect the company and a product that is obviously inherently flawed. Many consumers have had units replaced 2 or more times, in some cases upwards of 5 to 7 times, within the past 8 months since the system launch.

We the undersigned are DEMANDING that MICROSOFT re-evaluates and amend the current warranty and make a new warranty retroactive so all past consumers are covered. At this time we are seeking replacement systems for ALL consumers who are experiencing defective hardware.

Sincerely,

More Info (http://www.petitiononline.com/xbox360w/petition.html)

ACID
July 30th, 2006, 10:31
I totaly agree

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2006, 13:48
three months is a shame.

SSaxdude
July 30th, 2006, 14:18
I thought everyone that had a lemon 360 already got it fixed by MS.

MasterChafed
July 31st, 2006, 02:13
i signed, i think its bs that microsoft makes u pay for extended warranty when all we ask for is a 1 year warranty. Pretty funny that they break after 3 months tho. Nicely plans M$.

NoQuarter
July 31st, 2006, 02:22
I agree as well it's a shame that something that costs so much is only warrantied for 3 months, god only knows how weak the ps3 warranty is going to be!

dtothabreezy
July 31st, 2006, 07:27
ive sent mine back 3 times always got it back in 4days maybe thats why you get it back so fast but they never asked for my warranty thry just took it:D