PDA

View Full Version : The One Hack Still Missing??

wraggster
July 30th, 2006, 13:29
The PSP Scene has released some fantastic software, some hacks that beat Sonys efforts by a mile and must make their tech guys jealous but the one hack thats not really been done yet is the one that allows you to play UMD Movies region Free, yes you may not like UMD Movies but its one id like to see cracked.

Anyone got an hack (doable of course) they would like to see ?

compoman386
July 30th, 2006, 13:33
WHY WHY WHY???
why would you need to when you can rip dvd's from any region and convert them to be played off mem stick?

Video_freak
July 30th, 2006, 13:36
some people like UMDs

SSaxdude
July 30th, 2006, 13:59
Yeah, I agree. Paying more for a movie that can only be played on your PSP and wastes more battery seems pointless. I guess the only reason would be if you owned no memory sticks.

johnsk
July 30th, 2006, 14:44
A keyboard hack would be really nice...

punkfiction
July 30th, 2006, 15:24
Since Day One When I Realised I Could Steal My Neighnours Internet With My Psp Over Wi-fi I Have Dreamed Of A Hack That Lets Me Feed This Into My Pc Via Usb. Free Internet, I Get All My Hacks Via My Psp. So Pllleeeaaasee Someone Do This, It Would Be Amazing.

kando
July 30th, 2006, 15:32
well since they were able to make homebrew to play avi, mpg....maybe a homebrew flash player for 2.6 and below? :)

Accordion
July 30th, 2006, 15:52
is region locking through firmware or harware?
if it is firmware then devhook sorts that problem out already, i havent tried so i dont know

changing the OSK would be great though...

dthpsc
July 30th, 2006, 15:54
Since Day One When I Realised I Could Steal My Neighnours Internet With My Psp Over Wi-fi I Have Dreamed Of A Hack That Lets Me Feed This Into My Pc Via Usb. Free Internet, I Get All My Hacks Via My Psp. So Pllleeeaaasee Someone Do This, It Would Be Amazing.

Um... well if you can steal the signal with your PSP then you're just as capable of taking it with your PC. Just buy something like a wireless network adapter buddy. Don't you think that's a little "unethical" though? ;)

Ichijoe
July 30th, 2006, 15:58
I would agree with Wraggster that there should be a RPC1 Hack for the PSP™.
Thing is, as it has already been stated, time and again.
The Movie UMD™ is an over-priced, under achieving Media Format.
Which hardly a percentage of PSP™ Owners will bother to support.
When it's not that much more of a PITA to either rip a DVD Copy
or indeed to rip-off a Copy from the 'Net. And use it on a spare MemoryStick™.

It would be nice for someone to hack this, perhaps someone will with One of those
Custom Firmwarez, who knows. But, this is not worth stealing valuable resources
from more usefull diversions. Like decrypting Firmware v2.80!

SSaxdude
July 30th, 2006, 16:10
well since they were able to make homebrew to play avi, mpg....maybe a homebrew flash player for 2.6 and below? :)
If you have 1.5 you could use Dev Hook with 2.71 emulation. Also, there are some movie players out there that let you play other formats of video.

mavsman4457
July 30th, 2006, 16:46

What programs play avi and mpg?

cato`
July 30th, 2006, 16:48
I would like to see a easy&cheep-to-make-homebrew microphone for PSP.

mavsman4457
July 30th, 2006, 17:10
I would like to finally see a PS1 emu. I had a dream last night that I was playing Gran Turismo on my PSP. I think it was GT4 mobile but I would much rather have GT1 or 2 for PS1!!!

slayer2psp
July 30th, 2006, 17:19
its missing becuse no one cares.isnt only sony and fox making umd movies now anyways. and in the usa less and less stores carry them

shinysuitman
July 30th, 2006, 18:46
it woiuld be great to be able to play homebrew on a 2.6 psp without the use of a loader. simply boot the prog one time and be able to have the luxury of 1.5 up near the forefront of firmwares

SoQb0nc5r
July 30th, 2006, 19:40
gah, bought a US PSP and am in UK, i also want such hack :( after all the umds i bought dint work :(

l Zero Fox l
July 30th, 2006, 19:44
hey punk fiction, i was messing around with my xbox wireless adaptor the original one not the 360 one, and my wireless router, and i connected the wireless adaptor to my router and found the local ip on my xbox dash. then on the psp i made a conection with manual ip settingsthat mach the ones of the xbox, so i can create a wireless internet signal in my house, from a neighbors connection, i surf the web on my psp when im not on xbox live! ha beats sitting by your window to get a connection huh! ANYWAYS i think a good hack would be to make the psp into a wifi adaptor for the com! heh okay im done___edit___A TEXT EDITOR, please i want one for the psp!

GeEkPiE
July 30th, 2006, 20:17
having a movie professionally compressed to a UMD format is about 10 times better quality than you could ever get from putting one on a memstick.

my mate downloaded an HD movie off the net and it still wasnt as good as a UMD for quality

Sterist
July 30th, 2006, 20:36
u can already play em region free........

compress and launch via Dax v.62 and tell it to run it via UMD :: pauses in middle of sentence:: never mind.... we arent allowed to talk about ISOs here, even if their the legal ones....

ACID
July 30th, 2006, 20:52
is region locking through firmware or harware?
if it is firmware then devhook sorts that problem out already, i havent tried so i dont know

changing the OSK would be great though...
Devhook does do that i have tryed personaly. Problem is its not the legal devhook i use for mi umds. I was curios about this so i downloaded a entire one because i have Clerks and mi psp is jap. And it let me play it.:D Im not saying to go out get that version be legit guys. Later:cool:

NoQuarter
July 30th, 2006, 20:53
I think both ideas presented on this thread are awesome.I was just talking with my friends yesterday about using the psp's wireless card on my laptop since I can't afford a wireless card or router.Allowing us to watch umds region free is also good idea-anything that allows us to increase the functionality of our machines is a step in the right direction.Stealing wireles is a bit unethical though;)

pspman354
July 30th, 2006, 21:41
i would like to see a device that lets you access the internet from anywhere. it could be plugged in the usb
and is also very light

GeEkPiE
July 30th, 2006, 22:12
:D there is one but you need the following as well as your psp,

1. GPRS and 3G smart phone

2. either a laptop or PDA running windows mobile

3. Wifi usb connector

because if you plug in your 3G enabled phone to your pc laptop or PDA it will give you speeds of up to 425 kbps and that is a relatively fast broadband.

i have tried this with my Nokia N90 on the road and it works like a charm.

dtothabreezy
July 30th, 2006, 22:14
wow how much would that cost:D

Accordion
July 30th, 2006, 22:27
as it works on devhook then simply obtain and decrypt the region firmware that you need to run your movie then use that dump to boot the umd

Ichijoe
July 30th, 2006, 22:43
I don't think it's that simple Accordian boy, As the Region Lock,
is embedded in the Flash along with the MAC Address.
Sadly no amount of Flashing is going to change that.

kando
July 30th, 2006, 23:02
If you have 1.5 you could use Dev Hook with 2.71 emulation. Also, there are some movie players out there that let you play other formats of video.

i got factory 2.6 ceramic white :(

NoQuarter
July 30th, 2006, 23:03
Homebrew VOIP on our psp's, now that would be awesome!

mart19902004
July 30th, 2006, 23:33
i would like also 2 see this hacks , but also sumthing like psp pp player or a play which let you use your psp as an input device would b nice , myb we could hackthe psp camera when it out?

mart19902004
July 30th, 2006, 23:37
or a psp itunes :)

samidgley
July 30th, 2006, 23:57
VOIP would certainly be the coolest.. expecially if there were more official Wifi hotspots as well.

NoQuarter
July 31st, 2006, 02:17
I would much prefer free VOIP as opposed to an "offical" service

emuking
July 31st, 2006, 03:11
lol, something i want to see is a media player like the pspplayermt being able to play any type of media file, so conversion for any video file would never be needed or any audio file, hell i would work on it if i knew how to code :D

mavsman4457
July 31st, 2006, 03:36
lol, something i want to see is a media player like the pspplayermt being able to play any type of media file, so conversion for any video file would never be needed or any audio file, hell i would work on it if i knew how to code :D

I agree 100%. This would be so much easier and time efficient to not have to convert any videos. I can't find any good programs to play avi's and I only use psplayermt but it doesn't even load half of my videos.

emuking
July 31st, 2006, 04:17
I agree 100%. This would be so much easier and time efficient to not have to convert any videos. I can't find any good programs to play avi's and I only use psplayermt but it doesn't even load half of my videos.

yeah ive been wanting to learn how to code, i though i would do it, it would take me a while but i would want my psp to be able to play any media format available :D, its going to be incredibly difficult for me because ill be a first time learner but since no one else has done it ill try :D

kando
July 31st, 2006, 06:16
yeah ive been wanting to learn how to code, i though i would do it, it would take me a while but i would want my psp to be able to play any media format available :D, its going to be incredibly difficult for me because ill be a first time learner but since no one else has done it ill try :D

such a nice gesture, in a nieve kind of innocent way...brings a smile to my face :)

but the odds of you actually pulling that off are very slim...heck i have lots of VB/QB (basic) programming and even i cant make something like that :o

but by all means, if you wanna get into programming, best of luck to you friend =)

emuking
July 31st, 2006, 06:48
such a nice gesture, in a nieve kind of innocent way...brings a smile to my face :)

but the odds of you actually pulling that off are very slim...heck i have lots of VB/QB (basic) programming and even i cant make something like that :o

but by all means, if you wanna get into programming, best of luck to you friend =)

but everyone starts somewhere man, not evrybody is a coder to begin with ill try :D

dtothabreezy
July 31st, 2006, 07:12
i was lol just joking good luck wit that i hate that other one becuz it dosent run alot of them maybe you should ask the guy who made it for the code and try from there na build another one itll get you more familiar wit coding or do whatever:D

Sterist
July 31st, 2006, 07:31
i wana see the network section appear in 1.00 / 1.50 via flashing.

it would take a lot of tweaking.. i think.. but i know its possible

and i want to see some love for the 1.00's, like devhook / irshell ect fixed to work, and flash a patch to fw so that it can play kxploited homebrew.

dtothabreezy
July 31st, 2006, 07:37
thats a great idea they might be able to devhook use its stuff in the ram allowing you to go back but if you could find that and copy it to the flash that would be tight:cool:

emuking
July 31st, 2006, 08:41
i wana see the network section appear in 1.00 / 1.50 via flashing.

it would take a lot of tweaking.. i think.. but i know its possible

and i want to see some love for the 1.00's, like devhook / irshell ect fixed to work, and flash a patch to fw so that it can play kxploited homebrew.

lol your taliking about a custom firmware :D

MikeDX
July 31st, 2006, 10:46

devhook + fw2.71 = flash player.

next?

kando
July 31st, 2006, 19:00
devhook + fw2.71 = flash player.

next?

i have factory 2.6 ceramic white....next? :)

r2works
August 1st, 2006, 05:32
i just want to play games from japan. The US games suck drunken Mel Gibson balls.