PDA

View Full Version : The end of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3)

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2006, 20:52
I can't believe :confused:

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) shindig has been a staple of game industry life since the mid-1990s. However, we understand the larger exhibitors have jointly decided that the costs of the event do not justify the returns, generally measured in media exposure.

Publishers believe the multi-million dollar budgets would be better spent on more company-focused events that bring attention to their own product lines rather than the industry as a whole.

Well placed sources say the news that larger exhibitors were pulling out had prompted urgent meetings among publishing executives. They decided that, without the support of the larger software publishers and hardware manufacturers, there would be no point in continuing.

ESA president Doug Lowenstein will likely announce the news some time within the next 48 hours, possibly on Monday. It's possible that the ESA will seek to limit the damage by organizing some form of lesser event in May, but it's clear that the days of an industry event attended by all the major publishers, spending big money, are gone.

Calls to ESA staff are not being returned at present.

Source: http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3538&Itemid=2

Video_freak
July 30th, 2006, 20:53
this sux. i loved E3. may it R.I.P :(

dtothabreezy
July 30th, 2006, 22:11
aaaa well it was sorta good but it wasnt expesialy good it be cool if they could have several of them going on in different places with smaller companies

BrooksyX
July 31st, 2006, 00:43
this makes me sad i wanted to atleast go to it once in the future.

Crimson_Lotus
July 31st, 2006, 03:48
That means booth babes need jobs.... hmmmmm...:)

The Hombrew Hunter
July 31st, 2006, 05:01
DAMNIT!

I was supposed to GO in 5 years!

F*CK THEM TO HELL! There better be a new video game convention in 5 years!