PDA

View Full Version : PSPLZMA (Version 1.0.0)

wraggster
July 30th, 2006, 21:09
MPH (http://mphwebsite.tuxfamily.org/index.php?program=20) has released PSPLZMA, what is that you ask, well heres a discription taken from the wiki:

LZMA, short for Lempel-Ziv-Markov chain-Algorithm, is a data compression algorithm in development since 2001 and used in the 7z format of the 7-Zip archiver. It uses a dictionary compression scheme somewhat similar to LZ77 and features a high compression ratio (generally higher than bzip2) and a variable compression-dictionary size (up to 4 GB).

Heres whats in this release:

Portage of :

LZMA SDK Copyright (C) 1999-2006 Igor Pavlov

- Only extract and check function without password.
- Read function is performed by a 128ko buffer.
- Write function doesn't use memory.

PRECAUTION :

Use the parameter f=off to disable filters on executables files when you compress your archive else theses functions cannot decrypt the archive (only one coder supported).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mr.Denny
July 30th, 2006, 21:12
Zuh?

I didn`t understand any of that. lol

:)

jak66
July 30th, 2006, 22:29
basically, its to extract(unzip) file of 7-zip format, rather than zip or rar, on the psp and from what i can guess it can also compress files on the psp

EDIT:gonna test now, ill edit again after
EDIT2:OK, i was wrong about it being able to compress the files, but it does decompress the 7z files (at least the one supplied)

kando
July 31st, 2006, 06:23
basically this would have to be used in conjunction w/ something, such as an emulator reading roms out of a 7z file.

great work tho!

jwilds73
July 31st, 2006, 07:38
This is great I hope this progresses further. I'd love to see better compression of rom's and emulator's having the ability to read them.

mr_nick666
July 31st, 2006, 10:03
This is great I hope this progresses further. I'd love to see better compression of rom's and emulator's having the ability to read them.

/\ /\ Yeah... Even my 2GB card is getting tight! :p