PDA

View Full Version : Sony Sued Over Other OS Removal

BlueCrab
April 29th, 2010, 14:33
Someone has finally filed a class-action lawsuit against Sony for the removal of Other OS. I hope that this forces Sony to restore the functionality or pay those affected enough to restore the functionality (which would essentially mean giving each Other OS user a refund that would allow them to purchase another PS3 so that they can continue to use Other OS on the one that they have). I truly believe that Sony was in the wrong here, and hope that justice will prevail. Unfortunately, I know that Class Action lawsuits rarely get full and just compensation for those affected...

From Slashdot (http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/04/29/1222247/Sony-Sued-Over-PS3-Other-OS-Removal):

A Californian Playstation 3 user has filed the first class action lawsuit against Sony over removal of the 'Install Other OS' function from the Playstation 3. The action seeks to redress Sony's 'intentional disablement of the valuable functionalities originally advertised as available with the Sony Playstation 3 video game console.' The suit claims that the disablement breaches the sales contract between Sony and its customers and constitutes 'an unfair and deceptive business practice perpetrated on millions of unsuspecting customers.'

BlueCrab
April 29th, 2010, 14:34
Oh, and by the way, if anyone is interested, the full legal filing is available at http://ia331218.us.archive.org/2/items/gov.uscourts.cand.226894/gov.uscourts.cand.226894.1.0.pdf .

Bearmon
April 29th, 2010, 15:45
Do it! Sony is a selfish and a thief!! Sue them and bring Other OS back! That's why SONY IS EVIL!

jamotto
April 29th, 2010, 20:23
Will be interesting to see what becomes of this.

Darksaviour69
May 1st, 2010, 10:41
I'll be very interested to see how this pans out

CJM888
May 1st, 2010, 23:29
very interesting but Sony has been stripping away features and abilities from there original sales pitches since word go so if they put one feature back would the rest follow or is there more to go