PDA

View Full Version : Zune 80 Surgery: My DIY Battery Replacement

wraggster
April 30th, 2010, 15:10
News via http://www.zunethoughts.com/news/show/97931/zune-80-surgery-my-diy-battery-replacement.html

About a month or two ago, I started to notice that my beloved Zune 80's battery life was dwindling. I have several daily podcasts that I subscribe to, and in the last couple of weeks, I've needed to plug the Zune into an AC adapter just to keep it alive long enough to get through my podcasts. The other day, it finally quit for good. I was listening to some John Prine at work (an artist I had never listened to, but was able to sample because of my Zune Pass). The Zune made a subtle "pop" sound in the headphones and went dead. When I plugged it into my computer, the screen showed the battery charging icon, but never would boot up. It just stayed in an endless state of battery charging.

I bit the bullet and ordered a replacement battery from RapidRepair ($24.99). I chose overnight shipping since it was only one dollar more than standard shipping (huh?), and the battery arrived right on time. Tonight, I did the surgery.