PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE 0.53 Released

Hungry Horace
July 31st, 2006, 12:39
FOL has released another great update to the PSP Amiga emulator over on www.pspuae.com - building on the rock-steady work put in by Ric.

This finally gives a speed increase in loading times, as there is now support for the Turbo Floppy Drive speed.

Please note, that using this option is less compatible than using 100% drive speed, although the majority of ADFs seem to have no problems.

Enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ACID
July 31st, 2006, 12:40
Great will try right away.

wraggster
July 31st, 2006, 13:43
thanks for the news :)

Kramer
July 31st, 2006, 14:34
cool im playing kings quest:vi on my psp what are the best settings for this emu ive never used it before because i was never able to get it too work

Hungry Horace
July 31st, 2006, 15:12
different settings for different games.... just try to keep the spec as low as possible.

editted main post because aparently although the copy i had which said "800%" was lying.... its the *other* fast-disk setting from UAE! i think it's "flexible" with the speed.

FOL
July 31st, 2006, 15:17
cool im playing kings quest:vi on my psp what are the best settings for this emu ive never used it before because i was never able to get it too work

As Horace said play around with the settings, once you find a nice config, you can always add it the Compatability DataBase over at www.pspuae.com.

This will help us, as the database will expand and help others with settings, already have about 50 to 60 games I believe added.

Kramer
July 31st, 2006, 15:19
alright FOL ill check it out

can someone recommend some good games for amiga so far ive got dune 2 and kings quest vi

FOL
July 31st, 2006, 15:23
alright FOL ill check it out

can someone recommend some good games for amiga so far ive got dune 2 and kings quest vi

All the Lotus Series,
Super Cars 2,
Dune (Adventure),
Bubble Bobble (old classic),
Deterus (Millennium 2.2 II).

Thats of the top of my head, I have hundereds of favorites.

Gazz021
July 31st, 2006, 15:26
just tried it with SWOS,I did'nt find the loading much faster,I changed floppy speed to turbo and did'nt notice any change.But keep up the good work.

Gazz021
July 31st, 2006, 15:27
Hi FOL,have you tried Dizzy Treasure Island thats a good game and if you like football try Sensible World of Soccer.

Hungry Horace
July 31st, 2006, 15:58
just tried it with SWOS,I did'nt find the loading much faster,I changed floppy speed to turbo and did'nt notice any change.But keep up the good work.

SWOS is a bit of a ***** because it has some fairly complex custom-loading routines, which its why its also a hard game to find a decent crack of.

which version did you use?

jaws365
July 31st, 2006, 16:55
This rocks!!!

Yeah, and Dune (especially the Amiga version with great music) is a very good game. Personally I like it better than Dune 2 as I like adventure better than strategy.

JKKDARK
July 31st, 2006, 17:02
A new release, thank you :D

FOL
July 31st, 2006, 17:43

lol, read the readme, how many more times, its very comprehensive. It doesnt help all games, i.e. Moonshine racers, crashes set to turbo, but works on normal.

Hi FOL,have you tried Dizzy Treasure Island thats a good game and if you like football try Sensible World of Soccer.

Hmmmm, wasnt me asking for good games to play, but I agree Dune is 1 of the best (my favorite) games ever.

ACID
July 31st, 2006, 18:40
Great release

Gazz021
July 31st, 2006, 18:54
Hi Hungry Horace,Not sure mate what version,do u mean 96-97 or ADA HDF?I tried Syndicate but it trys to load and the screen goes different colours and thats about that.

Hungry Horace
July 31st, 2006, 19:03
by version i mean, is it 95/96 or maybe 96/97 .... also, who is it cracked by etc etc.... anything to identify it.

try a different copy of Syndicate, maybe cracked by different people.

fucht017
July 31st, 2006, 19:07
This is so great...It load games must faster...The sound is still a bit choppy,but it's getting better every update...If you like adventures...like, Broken Sword,Full throttle etc..Check Cinemaware games like "It came from the Dessert","Future Wars","Operation Stealth","Wings"..etc...Or try Delphine Software "Another World"."Cruise for a corpse"...etc..Or try Falcon,Police Quest,Syndicate,Chaos Engine,Speedball1&2...The Amiga realy had some great games...And a lot of them are still fun to play.....ahh memory lane;)

steve-b
July 31st, 2006, 19:16
I can't wait for this to be approaching full speed. There are alot of ass-kickingly good games for the amiga. IMHO the amiga was the perfect balance of graphics and gameplay. these days, its all about the graphics.

Damn, that makes me sound really old :)

My favourites would have to be:
moonstone
lure of the temptress
it came from the desert
speedball 2
syndicate

steven1980cad
July 31st, 2006, 19:49
This is a good update,

Moonstone loads much faster with this turbo loading.
I hope to see similar results with other games.
Keep up the good work with this emulator.

Cheers,

nexus68
July 31st, 2006, 22:43
Gods
Alien breed
Battle squadron
Swiv
Killing Game Show
Assassin
Shadow of the Beast
..etc

beastie
July 31st, 2006, 23:04
X-out , Z-out , Turrican 1,2 & 3, Yolanda , Awesome , Kakakis , Gods , Super Stardust , Superfrog

mr_nick666
August 1st, 2006, 13:48
I seem to recall a good game called Desert Storm (I think) (helicopter based) - anyone else remember it? :confused:

This is an emulator Im keeping my eye on! :D

ACID
August 1st, 2006, 13:51
Ok i get the games to load and thats it how do i play them i have tryed everything and can only play the demos included with it.

fucht017
August 1st, 2006, 15:26
Put you're games in a folder called DISKS.It's in the PSPUAE directory...and oooh you also must have kickstart 1.3 and 3.1(for instance)..Yeahh,i used to play dessert strike a lot on the Genesis...still fun tough;)

Hungry Horace
August 1st, 2006, 15:32
I seem to recall a good game called Desert Storm (I think) (helicopter based) - anyone else remember it? :confused:

Desert Strike (http://hol.abime.net/332) mate... was on a few consoles and stuff too.

followed by Jungle Strike (http://hol.abime.net/822) later on.

steve-b
August 1st, 2006, 15:38
I'm sure there was an urban strike also

Hungry Horace
August 1st, 2006, 15:43
Ok i get the games to load and thats it how do i play them i have tryed everything and can only play the demos included with it.

there are things called README files you know....

there are lots of very simple Joystick parameters you can customise.

and what demos? their arent any with this package.....

i'm guessing what you mean is that you are getting stuck at the "cractros" on the beginning of games... most of which take a Left Mouse Click to get past.

Hungry Horace
August 1st, 2006, 15:44
I'm sure there was an urban strike also

not on the Amiga - the only machine that matters ;)

(ok, except the Speccy!)

Baboon
August 1st, 2006, 15:57
I liked the old Team 17 games, they allways looked amazing. Night Breed and Project X had some of the most amazing graphics! :)

...and Magic Pockets was cool with 'Betty Boo doing the doo'! lol :)

mr_nick666
August 1st, 2006, 19:37
Desert Strike (http://hol.abime.net/332) mate... was on a few consoles and stuff too.

followed by Jungle Strike (http://hol.abime.net/822) later on.

Cheers mate - I was SOOOO close! ;) My mate had it and it rocked! :p

ACID
August 1st, 2006, 21:26
there are things called README files you know....

there are lots of very simple Joystick parameters you can customise.

and what demos? their arent any with this package.....

i'm guessing what you mean is that you are getting stuck at the "cractros" on the beginning of games... most of which take a Left Mouse Click to get past.
First thing your double posting and thats not very well appreciated. Second I'm not dumb i know there is a read me file. If i didn't need the help i would be asking. Third if your not going to help don't comment. Fourth version 52 had demos in it so don't call me a liar. Fifth i did the other parameters for the joy stick. Bottom line i figured it out. Not that you helped at all. Remember we are all here to help each other. But i guess your to good for us and to help out others. In witch case can i know when your next emulator is coming out.:rolleyes:

Hungry Horace
August 1st, 2006, 22:03
First thing your double posting and thats not very well appreciated. Second I'm not dumb i know there is a read me file. If i didn't need the help i would be asking. Third if your not going to help don't comment. Fourth version 52 had demos in it so don't call me a liar. Fifth i did the other parameters for the joy stick. Bottom line i figured it out. Not that you helped at all. Remember we are all here to help each other. But i guess your to good for us and to help out others. In witch case can i know when your next emulator is coming out.:rolleyes:

Seventh; chill the hell off. dont take it so personally. if you figured it out yourself anyway, you asked too quickly ... and didnt really need to ask at all, or could have simply added more detail in describing your problem.

i tried to help, in spirte of you posting rather vaugely, so dont give me that back-talk as if its some kind of personal attack on your manhood.

when did i call you a liar? i simply said there were no demos with this package... and their have been none with any of the releases from pspuae.com (which is where the dcemu news comes direct from) - so get your facts straight.

and tbh the comment about "your obviously too good for us" is a little childish dont you think? as i pointed out, i still tried to help you.

Kramer
August 1st, 2006, 22:08
i love when people have these little fights over the internet.

FOL
August 2nd, 2006, 00:06

Can I ask where you downloaded it from, as horace said, there have never been demo`s with the releases from www.pspuae.com. I sould know I compiled them, and I have also stated unless your sure of the site you download from, always download it from pspuae.com. I will not up load anything to pspuae.com i have not fully tested myself. thats where the confusion starts, unless your talking about the EBOOT pic, sound?

*EDIT - If you downloaded it from this post, then its definately my compile. So now im really confused as to these demo`s you talk of.

wraggster
August 2nd, 2006, 21:48
Have you ever thought of porting Chuis UAE4ALL Amiga emulator, this was coded to work on both GP2X and Dreamcast, now the PSP has more power so maybe a faster port can be released ?

The emu is here http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/uae4all.html

Source - http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/uae4all-src-rc1.tar.bz2

and chui has his own forum too here :)

ACID
August 2nd, 2006, 23:49
fol i see its the place where i downloaded. hungry horace if i offended you im sorry. But realise that a lot of people say the same thing you did read the readme we know is there and we read it. NO FOL i downloaded it from a spanish web and aparently they had like 8 games on it already. But its funny cause thats the only emu i havent downloaded from here.

Hungry Horace
August 3rd, 2006, 00:39
hungry horace if i offended you im sorry. But realise that a lot of people say the same thing you did read the readme we know is there and we read it.

s'ok - apology accepted ;)

you know how it is, there's just (sadly) a lot of people who *dont* bother reading it..... at least now i can take for granted that you are one of the ones who does!

now whoever said such things cant come to an amicable conclusion? :cool:

wraggster - uae4all does indeed look promising, (i cant believe there's actually a Gizmondo build!!) and i've passed the info on to FOL, who will no doubt have a look into it... Ric, on the otherhand, is rather more difficult to get hold of, and may want to try implementing the new version of e-uae first.

Hungry Horace
August 6th, 2006, 15:30
Have you ever thought of porting Chuis UAE4ALL Amiga emulator, this was coded to work on both GP2X and Dreamcast, now the PSP has more power so maybe a faster port can be released ?

i thought you might like to hear this quote posted by pspuae coder Ric on www.pspuae.com :

I gues you may have wondered what I have been up to lately. Well, I did a "port" of UAE4ALL to the PSP to see if it would be better performing. UAE4All is the codebase that is used on the GP2X console.

I couldn't use the fame core but used the standard UAE core and unfortunately it doesn't seem faster than e-UAE. I think it is because UAE4ALL uses SDL. I don't think I am going further down that route except for maybe borrowing a couple of ideas for performance improvements from the source.

I also created a simple profiler for PSPUAE so that it is easier to optimize the code. It is clear that the sound code is a killer of performance but it is difficult to optimize.

My next step is to update to (E-UAE) WIP3 and then do some profiling of it.

also, someone ought to be told that the "amiga emu" link on the main site goes to the old 0.52 thread.

FOL
August 6th, 2006, 22:13
Ric is also trying to get hold of the FAME Core, so fingers crossed, the only way is up, ;)

Kramer
August 6th, 2006, 22:23
i hope this emu gets a lot better because im loving playing kings quest on my psp the only problem is the load times

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 22:34
awesome, both fox and Chui the people behind Fame and UAE4all are on these forums too so help shouldnt be too hard to get :)

wraggster
August 6th, 2006, 22:35
fixed the link to the newer version on the site too, must have missed it yesterday

SkyDancer
August 8th, 2006, 14:55
Wonder if Captive would run fine
can you key/button bind with this psp emulator?

Captive has to be the best game ever made period and so bloody long. Playing it on a psp would probably bring my social life to a finish.

Hungry Horace
August 8th, 2006, 19:10
i know captive has been played on this... but the button-mapping is a bit buggy.

there are over 65,000 (65,536 i'd imagine) levels on captive.... it uses some kind of algorythm to generate them. i dont believe the game actually has an ending.

wraggster
August 8th, 2006, 21:42
hmm - stuff playing that game then :P

Hungry Horace
August 9th, 2006, 01:39
hmm - stuff playing that game then :P

lol - it doesnt mean it's not an excellent game though!

i prefer Bloodwych myself however.... damn that game would rock with wi-fi linkup. :D

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigashots/crab.gif

see??? isnt that just truely menacing?? :rolleyes:

FOL
August 13th, 2006, 12:51
lol - it doesnt mean it's not an excellent game though!

i prefer Bloodwych myself however.... damn that game would rock with wi-fi linkup. :D

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigashots/crab.gif

see??? isnt that just truely menacing?? :rolleyes:

You and your bloodwych, lmao