PDA

View Full Version : One In Eight To Cut Cable and Satellite TV In 2010

wraggster
May 1st, 2010, 18:41
It looks like people are finally getting sick of overpriced, ad-infested cable and satellite TV. I had predicted that by 2005 we would mostly be using the net for video — seems like I was a few years off. From the article: 'A cutting-the-cord trend has been the subject of speculation for some time, as networks have increasingly made television programming available for free on the Internet. But a combination of other factors, including a growing number of battles between cable companies and networks, soaring Internet video viewings and an increase in connected TVs and devices, suggest the trend is finally upon us. ... The biggest reason why customers will cut the cord, according to the study, is the growing cost of pay-TV service. Cable and satellite viewers pay an average of $71 per month, and they receive an average annual price hike of 5%, according to research firm Centris.'"
How many of you have made the switch to internet-only TV, or are considering it? Any regrets?

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/10/05/01/1553246/One-In-Eight-To-Cut-Cable-and-Satellite-TV-In-2010

VampDude
May 1st, 2010, 21:11
I've been using the internet for video since 2006, many different sevices when the others move on or change their names due to the copyright issues thrown at them.

Though mainly, I purchase a year of Rapidshare and download only what I will watch. Occasionally purchasing more (or all) from that series in the future on DVD, because purchasing three or four full seasons of a show each year on DVD (although a long wait) is cheaper than a years subscription for close to 90% of not viewing anything.