PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins Jap ver.

wraggster
July 31st, 2006, 14:59
New from SuccessHK (http://www.success-hk.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_Ultimate_Ghosts___39_n_Goblins_Jap_ver_.h tml?aff_id=24)

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-Extreme-Ghouls-Ghosts-L.jpg

An exclusive PSP edition of Capcom's legendary platforming game, directed by the original's creator Tokurou Fujiwara. The game makes use of a 3D graphics engine, giving depth to the visuals, but plays in a side-scrolling perspective and similar art design to stay true to the original. Your goal is to work your way through side-scrolling stages, defeating enemies and using your best platforming skills. The game lets you build up your skills as you progress. You start off with just a basic jump, but eventually gain a double jump and even the ability to fly. You'll also earn lots of magic spells along the way. The game promises a greater number of spells and weapons than ever before. New for Goku Makaimura is non-linear gameplay. You're no longer on a fixed path from start to end. The levels include branching points and even warp points. By using a warp point, you can warp back to previous levels and collecting items that you might have missed.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-Extreme-Ghouls-Ghosts-X3.jpg

Baboon
July 31st, 2006, 15:37
I like the look of this game! :)

... any idea what firmware you need to play it?

lucidtraveller
July 31st, 2006, 16:51
now this is one i want to see, i loved the original and the 2 sequals (genesis and snes).... i am in no hurry though and will never "upgrade" so this may be a reason to give devhook a try sometime.

JKKDARK
July 31st, 2006, 17:06
I can't wait for more pics :p

tedou
July 31st, 2006, 18:16
excellent game

ACID
July 31st, 2006, 18:36
I played the demo it is awsome.

Amiga
July 31st, 2006, 19:06
the snes version is gr8 too,runs gr8 on psp snes emulator,even though its a bugger to complete :)

nexus68
July 31st, 2006, 22:20
The demo plays well with devhook + FW2.71 on my psp1.5

md2
July 31st, 2006, 23:04
do you have a link for the demo..?

is this game due to be released in north america..?

tia.

Voltron
July 31st, 2006, 23:31
Yes, I have the DEMO and this game is awesome. The classic style of this game is preserved but with MANY updates and improvements. This is awesome.

It will be released in the U.S.A. in September.

Now this is the type of stuff that is ideal for the PSP.

QueadlunnRau
August 1st, 2006, 00:49
Man I cannot wait for the US/UK version of this game!!! The orginal was the only video game my dad ever played. This should bring back soo many fond memories.

samthegreat68
August 1st, 2006, 08:30
what the heck? the snes version of this is called 'super ghouls 'n ghosts' not ghosts 'n goblins

right?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 1st, 2006, 10:22
saw the demo posted on the newsgroups goona take alook i think.

mr_nick666
August 1st, 2006, 13:33
I have such fond memories of this game! :p Fingers crossed they've done it justice... :rolleyes:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 1st, 2006, 13:38
I have such fond memories of this game! :p Fingers crossed they've done it justice... :rolleyes:
Me to mr nick by the sounds of it u are arounfd the same age as me correct me if im wrong lol early 30's and would hate to see this classic game ruined.BUT knowing capcom i should think its safe.:cool:

ACID
August 1st, 2006, 13:54
what the heck? the snes version of this is called 'super ghouls 'n ghosts' not ghosts 'n goblins

right?
Thats the first game this one is the second. All though they look alike there are differences in the games. It's like saying 1&2:D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 1st, 2006, 16:34
Full game jap version is now on the groups am order the us version as soon as available.

samthegreat68
August 2nd, 2006, 07:49
Thats the first game this one is the second. All though they look alike there are differences in the games. It's like saying 1&2:D
but now there is extreme ghouls and ghosts along with ultimate ghosts and goblins?????

i am super confused :confused:

Pumped'Up
August 3rd, 2006, 05:25
Man, I can't wait for the US release!!!

Ghouls'n Ghosts for CPS-1 is one of my all-time favorites (loved those arcade days...). I just hope Ultimate GnG plays/designed closer to the CPS-1 game than to the SNES Super GnG. I never liked that ability to double jump...in any game.

ACID
August 3rd, 2006, 06:57
Man, I can't wait for the US release!!!

Ghouls'n Ghosts for CPS-1 is one of my all-time favorites (loved those arcade days...). I just hope Ultimate GnG plays/designed closer to the CPS-1 game than to the SNES Super GnG. I never liked that ability to double jump...in any game.
you use double jump in this umd:D

TacticalBread
August 3rd, 2006, 08:08
I like the look of this game! :)

... any idea what firmware you need to play it?

It need's 2.60 to run. It works great on DevHook 0.46. Very hard though, just like the originals.

moogster66
August 5th, 2006, 18:38
Just started playing the jap version. Cool graphics and of course, challenging gameplay. It will keep you busy for awhile! Used devhook .44 and 2.71 firmware, no problem.